Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LOL a couple FOTMs behind

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
LOL a couple FOTMs behind

HolyFrogx
11.15.2012 , 06:42 PM | #11
I cant believe this. I actually feel like I'm going to cry.
I get permazerged and need to run this watchman to survive. I'm really sad.

I am gonna have to level my scoundrel and I don't want to.
Frogalicious - Gimp Sentinel
Holy Frog - G'imperial Sorc

Crawelc
11.15.2012 , 06:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by HolyFrogx View Post
I cant believe this. I actually feel like I'm going to cry.
I get permazerged and need to run this watchman to survive. I'm really sad.

I am gonna have to level my scoundrel and I don't want to.
This is how combat spec got to feel in 1.4 when they nerfed our ataru damage, its minor, but it still burns.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Sulfuren
11.15.2012 , 06:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
I cackled in vent when I read that tripe. Maybe now the cry babies will realize bioware knows sent/mara are right where we should be. pretty minor nerf to anni/watchman IMHO you still get the heals from zen.
Doubt it.

Just realise that they havn't fixed the click off bubble stun yet.

Diplomaticus
11.15.2012 , 07:36 PM | #14
Guys, getting nerfed is never fun, but really, annihilation is still going to be a powerful, competent and viable spec.

I agree that rage would have been a more obvious target, though.

Technohic
11.15.2012 , 08:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Diplomaticus View Post
Guys, getting nerfed is never fun, but really, annihilation is still going to be a powerful, competent and viable spec.

I agree that rage would have been a more obvious target, though.
I don't even care if they ever nerf rage. I just am baffled they nerf the spec that I don't think anyone that knew what they were talking about, ever complained about.

It's like complaining about hybrid sins, then nerfing the full tanks some more.

DarthRaika
11.15.2012 , 08:37 PM | #16
Crawel dude. Whether mara/sent is OP is another question and I don't really think it is (it is just far too easy to play very well once geared and especially when in a premade so many mediocres do pretty well in it and more importantly wz's are very boring when its only them. ) It is by far the easiest to play of my 8 classes.

But dude, whether a class is nerfed or not has nothing to do with whether it is OP or not. I don't really know any good pvpr's with a lot of experience that would say otherwise. Infact, once a class has become very much fotm in a game that is losing subs the company has a major short term reason not to nerf it. Now long term you can argue otherwise but this country is based on quarter to quarter.

Macroecon
11.16.2012 , 01:55 AM | #17
In retrospect this was predictable. With 1.4 many, many Sent/Maras respecced into Focus/Rage. So of course the meta average productivity numbers for Focus/Rage dropped as people relearned their craft. And as expected that meant the only ones left playing Watchman/Anni were those devoted to the spec, i.e. experienced players. So meta average productivity numbers for Watchman/Anni rose. Ergo, nerf Watchman/Anni.

BW will always be nerfing the weaker subclasses, because only the die-hard devotees to that subclass continue playing it. And thus even those it is weaker, the higher player skill of those using it will mean it has a higher meta average damage/protection/healing.

NogueiraA
11.16.2012 , 02:26 AM | #18
Ok Bioware, now look to ASSASSINS and SNIPERS.

Why snipers has a 4 sec stun?? They has A LOT of tools to keep the target away from them.

Assassins... Just ridiculous.

Draekos
11.16.2012 , 02:27 AM | #19
LOL I was just about to respec back, ah well the smashing will continue.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

Drazzen
11.16.2012 , 02:30 AM | #20
I was outhealed today by a Guardian Tank. /boggle

From a PvE standpoint it actually stings a bit more:

Looking at a parse from HM TFB my numbers for the fight were as follows:

Fight lasting approximately 5mins 43secs
46% Zen (total of 47k healing)
54% Merciless Zeal (total 55k healing)

with the change I'll be doing around 28k healing through Merciless Zeal (rounded)
Effectively this means I lose over an entire health pool (overhealing aside).

I've essentially retired my Sentinel from PvP only doing my dailies and weekly (sometimes) but even with the reduction of GBtF by 1 second a PvP nerf is affecting PvE viability. And yes, that one second has made a difference on a KB for Kephess, NMP and The Writhing Horror. Granted it hasn't been a factor recently with better coordination and gear for my raid team, but it clearly is a PvP nerf.