Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Future of ToR?

Ripteye
11.13.2012 , 07:44 PM | #1
I really am just curious on this, I love a lot of things about SWToR, but I also feel like there are some things either missing or that can be improved.

I will admit I probably had unrealistic expectations for this game and needed to come back down to earth after playing for a lot of beta and all the way up until the middle of September of this year. Took a break for about a month and a half came back and feel refreshed ready to play some more. I can't help but feel worried for this game, the potential is huge, and I feel like the developers just don't listen to their customers and that worries me, I may and probably am wrong on this but that is the feeling I have. A big part of me wishes EA would sale BioWare to Activison/Blizzard, at least they know how to handle an MMO, but that is another topic for another time.

Things I love other than the fact its Star Wars.

The Story even though after your first play through some things get skipped over there is always the other class stories to experience as a nice change of pace and I really have enjoyed all the stories so far that I have messed around with.

Companion Character's to order around I hated farming in all the other MMO's I played and having the option to send them out like slaves is awesome, Though I feel like they could expand on this a lot it serves its current purpose.

PvP yes I said it I like the PvP in ToR with the exception of Void Star (which is a HORRIBLE design) the PvP even if its unbalanced and clunky can be really really fun.

Unfortunately that is where the fun stops for me, the raiding has potential and I experienced it up to HM KP for a while but being a busy adult with a family to take care of my schedule just won’t allow me to commit to a raid group, and that is in no way the fault of ToR.

Things I would like to see.

I know this was a huge topic of discussion while the game was in development but I wanted to bring it up again because it is something I still so dearly want, keep in mind I have no knowledge when it comes to programing or developing programs or anything like that so sorry for my ignorance to it. Player housing I know we have our ships and that all fine and dandy but I want to feel like a part of the world and that would solidify that for me. When I look at the maps of each planet it seems like they could add new territory in the exhaustion zones for this? Make it a legacy perk or something.

Addons this is one area I really feel like the developers are giving the player base a huge middle finger other games have done it so why can't ToR? Or at least listen to us and give us threat and damage meters these things are huge tools for raid leaders.

And last but not least get rid of the damn Fleet, the planets are empty because of them, Dromund Kaas and Corellia should be the hubs.

I actually have more things on my mind but this is already way to long and if you took the time to read it thank you.

Arodin
11.13.2012 , 09:12 PM | #2
Personally, I think all three things you want to see are a waste of time.

Player Housing -- this is not a sandbox game. IMO there's really no point to player housing in a non-sandbox MMO, especially when you already have the ship as a "home" so-to-speak for RP purposes if that's your thing. Player housing in SWTOR would be a colossal waste of the developers' limited time and resources.

Addons -- I'd rather Bioware update the UI with whatever features are needed than to open the game up to modding which can be a can of worms.

Removing the Fleet -- inevitably someplace always becomes the main hub and everywhere else is in the game is relatively empty. If they removed the Fleet and put the GTN and stuff on a planet, that planet would be the hub and everywhere else would still be empty. It would be exactly the same as the Fleet except with different art, so it would not accomplish anything. The only way to spread out the population would be to split up the features of the Fleet -- GTN on one planet, PvP Daily mission terminal on another planet, Commendation vendors on another planet, etc. But it would be horribly tedious having to travel around all over the place and everybody would hate it. The Fleet is just fine.

DarthBandeth
11.13.2012 , 09:41 PM | #3
Need minigames like Pazaak.

Need more class story.

Need more warzones and ilum needs to be revamped and released asap.
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.

Ripteye
11.14.2012 , 03:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Arodin View Post
Personally, I think all three things you want to see are a waste of time.

Player Housing -- this is not a sandbox game. IMO there's really no point to player housing in a non-sandbox MMO, especially when you already have the ship as a "home" so-to-speak for RP purposes if that's your thing. Player housing in SWTOR would be a colossal waste of the developers' limited time and resources.

Addons -- I'd rather Bioware update the UI with whatever features are needed than to open the game up to modding which can be a can of worms.

Removing the Fleet -- inevitably someplace always becomes the main hub and everywhere else is in the game is relatively empty. If they removed the Fleet and put the GTN and stuff on a planet, that planet would be the hub and everywhere else would still be empty. It would be exactly the same as the Fleet except with different art, so it would not accomplish anything. The only way to spread out the population would be to split up the features of the Fleet -- GTN on one planet, PvP Daily mission terminal on another planet, Commendation vendors on another planet, etc. But it would be horribly tedious having to travel around all over the place and everybody would hate it. The Fleet is just fine.
All valid points, even still I can still hold out hope, and continue to pay my sub hoping they use it wisely.

Ripteye
11.14.2012 , 03:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBandeth View Post
Need minigames like Pazaak.

Need more class story.

Need more warzones and ilum needs to be revamped and released asap.
Personally I think they would have better success with Outlaws den than Ilum. Ilum is just to large.

Shingara
11.14.2012 , 03:31 PM | #6
totally depends on what bioware do directly between tommorow and xmas, by then we will know if they plan todo anything of substance or not a great deal, if its the latter or same old same old i dont see a very bright future for swtor, i hope it doesnt happen but im getting echos of warhammer right about now and the exact same man is stearing the ship.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Ripteye
11.14.2012 , 08:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
totally depends on what bioware do directly between tommorow and xmas, by then we will know if they plan todo anything of substance or not a great deal, if its the latter or same old same old i dont see a very bright future for swtor, i hope it doesnt happen but im getting echos of warhammer right about now and the exact same man is stearing the ship.
Ya you are thinking the same as me, and Im scared.

Also can I get me some Duel spec within my advanced class so stupid its not there I want to pvp and pve but dont want to farm credits to be able to switch as I please that isnt fun.