Question about crafting when the selected item is red

Darwarhammer

Hello,

I have noticed that If I craft an item that has a Orange , Yellow, or green indicator I get experience for the combine. If I craft an item that has a red indicator next to it I do not get any experience. The Red items are several levels higher than my current level but are within my crafting abilities or I would not have been able to purchase or memorize the schematic. I think we should get experience for crafting items that are red since we have the crafting ability to do so. What are my fellow players thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Zinar

My toon is level 19 but my crafting skill is 300. So I can craft anything that requires up to a 300 skill level. The problem as I see it is the Orange skill can be to high a level of a piece of equipment yet I get experience when I craft it. I have the skill required to made the items in my craft window which are red. I often do make them and I can even reverse engineer them and get the prototype schematics but I do not get any skill ups which I think is wrong. It should not matter if I am not high enough of a level to wear it.

Just my thoughts,

Zinar

It doesn't matter if you can wear the item or not. I just leveled artifice on an alt of mine that is only level 15. I went from 0-400 in 2 days just by crafting and RE'ing hilts. Obviously after the first couple of hilts I wouldn't have been able to wear (use) the hilt, but I still got +2 artifice level for each one crafted.

Could you please post a screenshot of an item that is red?

• 3 weeks later...
My cybertech is level 53 currently, but my cybertech panel shows items in red that I can't and haven't unlocked yet. When I try to craft it says I have an inefficient level for the item even though it is in my craft list. Also when I craft a green it says "No research available" when I clearly haven't advanced the item to a prototype yet. These "ghost" red items pop up on my list and now I can't make prototype items of the ones I can make.