Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Way to Buff Scoundrel Scrapper?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Best Way to Buff Scoundrel Scrapper?

Yan_Venn
11.29.2012 , 05:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
no one uses quick shot or tendon blast in pve
2 sec root on tendon blast is our mid-range gap closer - and, p. much, the only one we have. To not use it is poor play.
as if one morning suddenly / but normally enough, without a word / the river stopped.

GHoppa
11.29.2012 , 06:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Yan_Venn View Post
2 sec root on tendon blast is our mid-range gap closer - and, p. much, the only one we have. To not use it is poor play.
Hmmmm i'm confused ... i can't think of a single thing that tries to run away from you in pve...

DuntaCoral
11.30.2012 , 03:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by GHoppa View Post
Hmmmm i'm confused ... i can't think of a single thing that tries to run away from you in pve...
I mean, maybe the mobs? Hence why I am considering respecing up between mobs and bosses, so we can get healed more during bosses and we don't have to waste those two talent points on Tendon blast which doesn't affect bosses.
“The mind can weave itself warmly in the cocoon of its own thoughts, and dwell a hermit anywhere.” -Selonian Proverb
- Dunta Coral (Seer) JvS See You In Hell
-Ev'an (Sawbones)V-Squad

Yan_Venn
11.30.2012 , 08:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GHoppa View Post
My bad, sorry. For some reason I read "pve" in your post as "pvp." Brain fart.
as if one morning suddenly / but normally enough, without a word / the river stopped.

Daiyukie
12.08.2012 , 09:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_Midnite View Post
The only thing I have a problem with is that damn 12 CD on Back Blast. Why Bioware felt this was needed was just what?? If you make it to six again, I bet you anything that they would be at least viable in PVE.
Well, it was 9 seconds, but exactly this sentiment. It majorly screwed with the flow of our rotation and means we can't keep Flechette up on the target at all times without blowing our Vanish for another Shoot First.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

Galbatorrix
12.14.2012 , 01:16 PM | #26
How about a skill that makes Pugnacity also act as a regen for the rest of the group's resources? It would actually give us some group utility and make operation groups want to bring us along.

ktkenshinx
12.14.2012 , 01:43 PM | #27
Lots of changes that I would want to see, but the ones below are simple, elegant, and would fix a lot of our problems.
  • Reduce Backblast CD to 8 seconds
  • Increase Shield Probe absorption
  • Increase Fight or Flight move speed bonus from 50% --> 75%+
  • Make Backblast proc Upper Hand

Of these changes, I would be most worried about the last one. It could unbalance our DPS if not tested properly. Otherwise, the other 3 changes would go a long way towards helping out this class, ESPECIALLY the first change.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

oaceen
12.14.2012 , 05:25 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
  • Make Backblast proc Upper Hand

Of these changes, I would be most worried about the last one. It could unbalance our DPS if not tested properly.
maybe if only on crits and with the same lockout timer as flying fists

Haystak
12.19.2012 , 06:02 AM | #29
I hate to say this, but the only way i see any buff to scrappers coming is to change the shoot first opening mechanic.

Having an opening that hits for around 5k, applies a dot that applies a 30% armor debuff can do almost as much damage if it runs its course, and does a knockdown for 1.5 seconds( i know its short) is in itself a huge ability for the user, It is also our most annoying ability to other players. Right now I see the devs having two options with the current mechanics and no major overhaul

1: Make Scrapper dps slightly below average and annoy the scoundrel community(smallest community)

2:Make Scrapper dps on par everyone else, and annoy the rest of the community.

Im thinking they will go with option 1 until the expansion comes out. The only changes that would make sense to me are too large and sweeping to address in a patch, and will most likely occur in the expansion. If they occur at all.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

randiesel
12.19.2012 , 06:30 AM | #30
I proposed this in another thread for Operatives. Same logic, but replace Tactical Advantage with Upper Hand:

How about this, change to Tactical Advantage only:

1. While Tactical Advantage is active, the Operative regenerates energy 50/100% faster (based on 1/2 stacks) than normal.
2. Tactical Advantage now lasts 12 seconds. When 12 seconds have expired, the Operative loses one stack of Tactical Advantage.

This way we fix our energy deprivation but also increase our DPS by affecting one ability. And instead of dropping from 2 > 0 stacks of TA, we go more linear from 2 > 1 > 0 stacks of TA in the event we are unable to refresh it. Such examples of being unable to refresh it would be if we are just plain bad, or if say we finish a target and have to switch immediately to another target.

Example: I finish one target and have 2 stacks TA. I cannot restealth as I'm in combat and it will take me 4 seconds to reach my next mark, but TA expires in 3 seconds. By the time I reach him I am able to already hit harder by maintaining 1 stack of TA, since with this proposed change it doesn't drop to 0 in that timeframe, and then bump myself back up to 2 stacks TA pretty quick.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops