Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Way to Buff Scoundrel Scrapper?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Best Way to Buff Scoundrel Scrapper?

oaceen
11.19.2012 , 04:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir_Galapagos View Post
it means i can stand in a corner for a minuet waiting to get out of combat so i can stealth and open on someone again.

I would also like to say that all ideas ive seen so far would be a welcomed improvement especialy the reduced cd on back blast and out of stealth sf (of course i like 20 sec cd on stealth out).

combat designers should really pay attention to this.
you do realize this is a PVE discussion thread, right?

Sir_Galapagos
11.19.2012 , 09:34 PM | #12
and why does blaster whip do half as much damage as shock. If assasins have maul (which requires being behind someone) and our backblast is like that then why does blaster whip (our heightest out of stealth and no requirement to be behind someone attack) do HALF as much damage.
]█=]]]]]]▒▒▒{█=████████████████████████████████)

Sir_Galapagos
11.19.2012 , 09:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
you do realize this is a PVE discussion thread, right?
it doesn't matter scoundrels need a buff in pvp as well.
]█=]]]]]]▒▒▒{█=████████████████████████████████)

Wainamoinen
11.20.2012 , 04:20 AM | #14
Something like a 10% damage buff when Pugnacity is up, or back to 50% armour penetration with flechette round. Either would require the scrapper to pay attention and do something to get the benefit (they should be keeping Pugnacity and Flechette Round up as much as possible already of course, but at least lazy or bad play is punished unlike just buffing damage).

The idea of making Flechette Round's armour pen apply to the group might be interesting, a reason to include a scrapper for the party's benefit.
There will be blood, it might be yours;
So go kill someone - signed, Bad Horse

Ilmarinen 65 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Daiyukie
11.20.2012 , 10:23 PM | #15
I still maintain my stance of "Why the hell is Backblast a 12s cooldown now?" Makes no sense.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

WasabiJack
11.21.2012 , 10:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie View Post
I still maintain my stance of "Why the hell is Backblast a 12s cooldown now?" Makes no sense.
Changing backstab CD is not going to help because energy is still a problem. If we had linear energy regen, it would be a different story.

As is, you want to use a heavy hitting ability followed by one or two blaster fire to maintain optimal dps.

Count_Midnite
11.21.2012 , 10:42 AM | #17
The only thing I have a problem with is that damn 12 CD on Back Blast. Why Bioware felt this was needed was just what?? If you make it to six again, I bet you anything that they would be at least viable in PVE.

randiesel
11.21.2012 , 06:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_Midnite View Post
The only thing I have a problem with is that damn 12 CD on Back Blast. Why Bioware felt this was needed was just what?? If you make it to six again, I bet you anything that they would be at least viable in PVE.
Yeah, and the derp-smashers can reduce the cooldown on smash by spamming viscious slash, getting them another 8k smash in less time than having to wait for that god-aweful cd to pop. We're stuck at 12 secs.

Really goes to show you, they have absolutely zero love for scrappers.

Aisic
11.21.2012 , 09:17 PM | #19
I've always felt that the scattergun needs more love since, to me, it's a class staple. That said, maybe they could consider redesigning Quick Shot to something like the following. Have it use the scattergun, increase damage to match the weapon damage, reassign the critical bonus from Tendon Blast to Quick Shot and slap a 6 or 7 second CD on it. The ability already costs 17-20 energy, might as well make it worth it.
I see this ending in fire.

dipstik
11.29.2012 , 04:13 PM | #20
no one uses quick shot or tendon blast in pve