Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

Miragee
11.14.2012 , 01:43 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
I wouldn't even bother getting excited over this article until this information is confirmed by a credible, named source within the Disney / Lucas organization.
Exactly. The article is not credible, unless they name a better source than some ambiguous "mole". It just sounds like someone making up a rumor for page hits. The site it's posted to is not at all credible either (the site is full of outright lies and rumors with no basis in reality).

Besides Vader would not exist. Anikin was redeemed before his death, so he'd be Anakin Skywalker, not Vader.To bring Vader back as Vader would mean ignoring the entire ending of ROTJ. Which would tick off fans worse than the new trilogy did (and likely kill the franchise too).

Beniboybling
11.14.2012 , 02:04 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Miragee View Post
Exactly. The article is not credible, unless they name a better source than some ambiguous "mole". It just sounds like someone making up a rumor for page hits. The site it's posted to is not at all credible either (the site is full of outright lies and rumors with no basis in reality).

Besides Vader would not exist. Anikin was redeemed before his death, so he'd be Anakin Skywalker, not Vader.To bring Vader back as Vader would mean ignoring the entire ending of ROTJ. Which would tick off fans worse than the new trilogy did (and likely kill the franchise too).
If this is a rumour, and not true, whoever made it up obviously knows nothing about Star Wars "it will be science fiction to remember" Oh how ignorant you are

Claymorsch
11.14.2012 , 11:22 PM | #113
quite sure the galactic empire we know from the old movies will only be sort of a sidekick
i got a couple of ideas how it could be:

- the rebel alliance got extremely powerful over the years which caused a "war-h0rnyness" of the current mandalore(big war on who got the longest -- ship in the universe)
- something with evil "force ghosts" where im hoping for some ol' sith from the kotor storylines

- return of the rakata? (kinda cool imo) also i think the purebloods will be involved in the new movies

- gangnam style

i realized tho that the new writer aint had nothin to do with star wars in the past, which lowers the chance of stuff we already know from kotor/books

maybe its gonna be whole new stuff

profitt
11.15.2012 , 07:53 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...be-resurrected

Whelp, I personally had high hopes for a good Star Wars, but just like with the prequels, I was let down.
It would make more sence to have Luke turn into Vader. after all he was reckless and used the quick path of the force.

Castiel
11.16.2012 , 03:26 PM | #115
*Sigh* Why not just give SW to writers that HAVE brains ? Seriously, ever since episode 1, GL has pissed over his own franchise with crappy poor writing.

Beniboybling
11.16.2012 , 04:06 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
*Sigh* Why not just give SW to writers that HAVE brains ? Seriously, ever since episode 1, GL has pissed over his own franchise with crappy poor writing.
This article is giving Michael Arndt a bad name, take it with a truck load of salt.