Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 5 Things You Would Like to See in SWToR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Top 5 Things You Would Like to See in SWToR

-Silver-
11.14.2012 , 03:19 PM | #11
Some great suggestions, and good work keeping them so clear and defined! This will make it easy for devs and community coordinators to scan the pages while still seeing exactly what every one of you wants

bionamaster
11.14.2012 , 03:27 PM | #12
I'll continue subscribing no matter what, but I'll post my ideas:

1. Guild Flagships w/ Missions: My idea for this is rather interesting, I think: PvE missions on a guild flagship would consist of participating guild members warding off an assault by using standard starfighters and turbolaser batteries. The enemy would be an opposing capital ship, or a Guild ship from the opposing Faction if in PvP mode. There would also be assaults on cities on a set of small planets (Fondor, Saleucami, etc)

2. Character customization: Taking out the Cyborg race and adding cybernetic options to the others would be very nice, in my opinion, as well as more options in the other subjects.

3. Better Space Combat: This would tie into number 1. My idea would be to let the player change the course of his/her starship, but not completely stop it. Basically the same controls we have now, but with steering capabilities. More explorable space zones would be a good addition to go with this.

4. Evasive Maneuvers in Ground Combat: I enjoyed the Dodge Roll ability in Guild Wars 2, and thought it would be a fantastic addition to SWTOR. Also, the ability to perform your basic attack while rolling would be terrific (Smugglers rattling off a round of bolts as they roll, Knights slashing at their opponents as they dodge past them, that sort of thing). With a Stamina Bar (extra depletion for attacking mid-dodge), I think this could work.

5. More hidden places to explore: This is something I would love to pieces. In the Dune Sea, I found a Sandcrawler wreck with a small hole in the side. The hole was covered, but it could have lead to a a passageway full of Tusken Raiders with a Rancor at the end. If they had this sort of thing in game, I'd probably forfeit sleep for it.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Crsepe
11.14.2012 , 03:41 PM | #13
1. Legacy Bank
2. Group Space Missions
3. Guild Capital Ships
4. for exploration, instead of having a large area become uncovered, have only one or two 'squares' become visible
5. more GTN terminals, maybe one on each planet for those that don't want to have to go to fleet everytime they want to check the GTN

RCcorr
11.14.2012 , 03:59 PM | #14
1) Legacy Banks

2) Blaster rifles for powertechs, common awsome armor and a lame pistol?

3)16 character slots per server.

4)The ability to buy any and all other ships besides the free one you get with your class. I just think it would be cool to have all of them (for a few million credits a piece of course) and walk in my huge hanger and have to pick one. They could be legacy bound kind of like the buffs once you buy one it is available to all characters in the legacy.

5) I would rly like to see Kyshyyyk and Mandalore put in as planets.
Long live Revan

Glennahansen
11.14.2012 , 03:59 PM | #15
1. I would like to see the skill tree give you more point once you reach level 10 there are quite a few skills that improve our chances that we have to give up on in order to complete a branch.
2. I agree with have a place where we can make changes to our characters look and maybe even change the name (willing to buy this with credits)
3. Reduce the light saber restrictions, any Jedi should be able to learn/use all of the lightsabers and even use two (maybe give us a seperate points (every 5 levels) to use on these types of skills.
4. If we have to go to most planets to get the Datacrons why not pick up a planet quest as well. some planet do not allow this.
5. in game email to any of our characters no matter what server they are on. If we want to give an alt some of the equipment we have found/won we should be able to.
Glenn Hansen
Harbinger - Lvl 55 Guardian, Lvl 55 Sentinel, Lvl 38 Sage Lvl 21 Jugg

BewBo
11.14.2012 , 05:58 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
-pazaak
-swoops
-space battles
-pvp with vehicles
-pazaak

These!!! Well said.

Caddax
11.15.2012 , 08:32 PM | #17
1. Rested Legacy XP once you hit max level.
2. Shared Legacy Bank between characters.
3. Cheaper Legacy costs.
4. All items interchangeable between characters on the same account.

5. Dark-side appearance progression where we want it. Instead of just turning it on or off how about we have to ability to show as much or little as we want. For example If I'm dark side 5 and only want to show dark side 2 then I set it to dark side 2. It could be little check mark boxes on the dark/light side meter.

6. Appearance tab - Actually, you know what? The companions have their companion customizations. They are icons you drop into their equipment slot (I know everyone knows this). How about giving the players that also. Set it up so that we can tailor make our own look(s) that create an icon that we can drop on our character to change the look. That way we can have many looks. A better idea would be to not have any of it take inventory space.

7. Appearance tab for clothing. Yes the unifying colors is great but sometimes you get that one helm or chest piece that you don't want to give up. You look for a modifiable version of it to no avail but the day always comes when you have to either have to part with it or stick it in the bank.
Everyone expects the Sith Inquisition.

Xandramos
11.16.2012 , 03:38 AM | #18
  1. Housing
  2. Space game revamped
  3. Rested Legacy XP once you hit max level.
  4. Shared Legacy Bank between characters.
  5. Cheaper Legacy costs.
"No joke about the most famous Corellian being named 'Solo' because no Corellian will trust another Corellian?"
―Corran Horn
For Free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DVCyCY

Ealhdun
11.16.2012 , 09:34 AM | #19
1. More chapters to the class stories
2. Additional classes with their own stories/splitting up stories for advanced classes to improve replayability (well I know it is unlikely even for expansions)
3. PVP dedicated planets with proper incentive for participating. Possibly allow opposing player cities on them.
4. space combat (including pvp) a la starwars galaxies
5. Allow us to buy other ships

Chemic_al
11.16.2012 , 09:38 AM | #20
1,2,3,4 and 5. A lightsabre/vibrosword that is bound to legacy, which is long overdue since we can transfer barrels but not hilts between alts.