Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

stringcat
11.19.2012 , 05:15 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
If you are using Ranked, cool... but if a Top-Level Team is in the queue you either fight them, or you stop queuing. Anything else, exploit.
Uh huh.

Well, since Bioware doesn't consider it an "exploit," I guess you'll just continue to enjoy toodling around in empty warzones. Have fun with that.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

Theodulus
11.19.2012 , 11:00 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
=P we're actually in agreement. <.< me wonders why you couldn't just say yhat in the Premades are Ruining Wz's thread.
I just don't agree with that premades should get instant queues against PUGs if there isn't another premade ready to go. The game should have the premade wait a few minutes extra so it can match it against another premade. Chances are pretty high another premade will be done with their current wz in 5-8 minutes. Even a bad premade hopefully has an advantage with superior communication so at least we should try to match premades against premades (meaning 4-man premade + 4 pugs vs 4-man premade + 4 pugs).

As for the other thread the troll inside me was just a bit too eager because the opinions are too extreme both ways. When I finally flipped all filipsanta's circuit breakers with what I thought as obvious trolling I just abandoned the thread.

As for the premade problem I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. For the past week I have been pugging and as usually rarely ended up with a 4-man premade. But the pure pug I've been a part of we have absolutely destroyed the opposition or have had really close matches. I've even stomped a 4-man premade from a pretty good guild while being in a PUG. We 3-capped them in Alderaan after half the game. Maybe it was their B-team or something?

To-le
11.19.2012 , 11:08 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
Also, my epeen demands that I face bruising losses stoically. But it's hardly an "exploit."
This made me lulz a bit.

And I do recall a dev blog talking about team matching will be based on ranking, not first come first serve.

Doomsdaycomes
11.19.2012 , 02:34 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
Uh huh.

Well, since Bioware doesn't consider it an "exploit," I guess you'll just continue to enjoy toodling around in empty warzones. Have fun with that.
Typical, someone get's slammed with actual evidence, and they throw up their hands "Whatever!"

We have had no communication on what Bioware considers exploiting ranked, so you don't know if they consider what those people are doing exploiting or not. Yet going from stated evidence and applying logic (and the definition of an exploit) we can determine that this abuse of the system is not it's intended purpose.

As for empty warzones, it's irrelevant.