Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[VIDEO] Marauder carnage spec, *** burst.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[VIDEO] Marauder carnage spec, *** burst.

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
11.12.2012 , 06:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Ironic that nobody is actually reading the guys first post or the youtube description.
I think he was referring to that guy claiming to be chuck norris.


@larry_dallas it is a waste of a set bonus as it is far easier to negate than on an annihilation or rage marauder. Annihilation can initiate the set bonus every seven seconds with 0 range leap. That means you can get it on whatever heavy hitter you choose to use, annihilate, ravage, etc. Rage has two leaps that can apply the bonus, one is close range. You might as well use the weaponmaster set bonus for combat/carnage as you won't be getting much from the vindicator bonus. You don't employ leap as much as the other two specs using the vindi bonus to make it worth it.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
11.12.2012 , 07:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
I think he was referring to that guy claiming to be chuck norris.


@larry_dallas it is a waste of a set bonus as it is far easier to negate than on an annihilation or rage marauder. Annihilation can initiate the set bonus every seven seconds with 0 range leap. That means you can get it on whatever heavy hitter you choose to use, annihilate, ravage, etc. Rage has two leaps that can apply the bonus, one is close range. You might as well use the weaponmaster set bonus for combat/carnage as you won't be getting much from the vindicator bonus. You don't employ leap as much as the other two specs using the vindi bonus to make it worth it.
i quite disagree, ive been playing carnage since i made my mara, its the only spec i enjoy, annihilation comes as a close second and i despise rage, also the obliterate leap in the rage tree does NOT apply the bonus.

Here is how ive been playing carnage since ive got the set: using predation as my main gap closer, eat initial kb/stuns, then leap and finish. The 80% speed bonus on predation negates any kind of slow on you, plus the passive 15% speed bonus from ataru form and all the roots , makes carnage almost impossible to kite.

The other benefits of carnage are as follows:

1)Each attack has a chance to hit 3 times(the attack itself, offhand swing, ataru form strike), this wreaks havoc on any class that has a defensive cd that only procs every 1.5 seconds, ex: gunslingers/snipers, balistic dampners.

Ive seen countless times that the second gcd onwards the dampeners eat a off hand or ataru form strike, letting your main DPS hit go thru unhindered, and on tank sins/shadows with dark/kinetic ward, complety eats up all charges in a few seconds

2) It is THE spec for ranked wzs, if i was allowed to make a team i would not pick any marauders that are not carnage/combat speced, the amount of utility it brings is phenomenal, carnage maras, make assisting nodes under pressure so easy with one predation pop, as well as they absolutely completly shut down enemy ball carriers in huttball with all their roots as well as being the prime healer killer with their burst and co-ordination of another dps.

I run with a operative dps, i leap, he knocks them down, commence gore, ravage combo= dead healer.

We have killed the most geared healers in 2 gcds.


TL: DR; carnage is the ultimate team support dps build.

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
11.12.2012 , 02:34 PM | #23
Weird I could have sworn I saw obliterate on the tooltip. Oh well I'll concede that. As for carnage being the best for ranked, you're losing out if that's the only spec you choose to use. Sure they bring a slightly upgraded predation, but that's it. Unlike annihilation they rely on healers the most. Unlike rage they cannot burst more than one target at a time. With an annihilation Mara on your team, the healer has one les person to worry about, and the group heals can make life a bit easier. With a rage Mara on your team, you can eliminate targets more efficiently as the smasher bomber can cut significant portions of their health leaving the rest of the team to simply finish the enemy off. Carnage burst is easy to shut down. Rage is not. It would be more beneficial to have annihilation or rage it you're going against a skilled team in ranked. As soon as they see gore coming, people know to cc during the beginning or before the incoming ravage. 27 seconds locked out of that burst. Sure you have autocrit force screams, but that's single target again. Rage can hit higher and on multiple opponents. The only ranked scenario where carnage would be the most beneficial is in huttball, because there the speed buff would be the most useful.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

chimex's Avatar


chimex
11.12.2012 , 02:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Right.

Because pressing one button to interrupt the entire burst rotation of a Carnage Marauder is beyond the skill of most derps like you. If you're dumb enough to stand there and take an entire rotation to the face, then you deserve to be sent to respawn.
Tbh, this. The video has some very tight moves there, I don't doubt that. But I see no reason why those rotations cannot be interupted. It works for Maras, it works for Sins and it works for BH.......basicly, it works!

Nice vid btw
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
11.12.2012 , 03:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Right.

Because pressing one button to interrupt the entire burst rotation of a Carnage Marauder is beyond the skill of most derps like you. If you're dumb enough to stand there and take an entire rotation to the face, then you deserve to be sent to respawn.
None of the whole *********** game takes skill. This is an MMO. Skill is out of the window. Noone cares about your skill, it's who has the better gear or which team has the most derpsmashes.

I hate it too, but that's just the way it is
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
11.12.2012 , 03:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
I think he was referring to that guy claiming to be chuck norris.


@larry_dallas it is a waste of a set bonus as it is far easier to negate than on an annihilation or rage marauder. Annihilation can initiate the set bonus every seven seconds with 0 range leap. That means you can get it on whatever heavy hitter you choose to use, annihilate, ravage, etc. Rage has two leaps that can apply the bonus, one is close range. You might as well use the weaponmaster set bonus for combat/carnage as you won't be getting much from the vindicator bonus. You don't employ leap as much as the other two specs using the vindi bonus to make it worth it.
For some reason, despite not saying anything incendiary, my post was deleted, so I'm working from memory...

There's no question the vindicator set bonus is better for both Rage and Annihilation. That said, it's not worthless for Carnage.

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
11.12.2012 , 07:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Weird I could have sworn I saw obliterate on the tooltip. Oh well I'll concede that. As for carnage being the best for ranked, you're losing out if that's the only spec you choose to use. Sure they bring a slightly upgraded predation, but that's it. Unlike annihilation they rely on healers the most. Unlike rage they cannot burst more than one target at a time. With an annihilation Mara on your team, the healer has one les person to worry about, and the group heals can make life a bit easier. With a rage Mara on your team, you can eliminate targets more efficiently as the smasher bomber can cut significant portions of their health leaving the rest of the team to simply finish the enemy off. Carnage burst is easy to shut down. Rage is not. It would be more beneficial to have annihilation or rage it you're going against a skilled team in ranked. As soon as they see gore coming, people know to cc during the beginning or before the incoming ravage. 27 seconds locked out of that burst. Sure you have autocrit force screams, but that's single target again. Rage can hit higher and on multiple opponents. The only ranked scenario where carnage would be the most beneficial is in huttball, because there the speed buff would be the most useful.
nah thats not how we handle ranked . heres the setting, im reserved as support dps, i get called in for in vent,

like when my operative buddy is about to open on someone, or when my PT is about reel someone in and stun, or when a dps is tunnel visioning my healer,
in all those situations i know i wont get interrupted, and my burst nearly kills the person im on, as i said before, we are the best support dps,

If you have prooper team play, a carnage marauder is a must.

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
11.12.2012 , 09:03 PM | #28
Sorry it's not a must at all. That you even admitted you need assistance to ensure your burst goes uninterrupted is evidence enough. An annihilation or rage marauder wouldn't need assistance at all when taking on targets. We won't be locked out of burst through a well timed stun.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
11.12.2012 , 09:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Sorry it's not a must at all. That you even admitted you need assistance to ensure your burst goes uninterrupted is evidence enough. An annihilation or rage marauder wouldn't need assistance at all when taking on targets. We won't be locked out of burst through a well timed stun.
but our burst>anni/rage , i love playing with my mates in this game, i prefer team play over lone wolf styles i guess

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
11.13.2012 , 12:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
but our burst>anni/rage , i love playing with my mates in this game, i prefer team play over lone wolf styles i guess
You are correct, but its also easily shut down which is what I'm trying to say, whereas a rage maras burst is not. If not countered correctly, then yes carnage has the best burst out of all 3 specs. To each their own though I suppose.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.