Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can't the player play as a Gray Jedi/Sith

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why can't the player play as a Gray Jedi/Sith

itsmymillertime
11.09.2012 , 01:31 PM | #21
As mentioned earlier, no level 50 gear has dark side / light side options. Dont worry, its just a 1-49 problem.

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.09.2012 , 01:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yep.

Gray has many shades to it..... .
As explained in my book "50 Shades of Grey Jedi"

Andryah
11.09.2012 , 02:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
As explained in my book "50 Shades of Grey Jedi"
What about the sequel.... "50 shades of Grey Sith"??? Me want!
SWTOR... the MMO some people LOVE to HATE, others HATE to LOVE, and others simply embrace it and play it for what it is.

TUXs
11.09.2012 , 02:51 PM | #24
Yes, I would.

See what I did there?
Yes I did...you dodged the question so well that I bet Bioware is signing you to a 5 year contract as I type
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

SamuraBob_Fl
11.09.2012 , 03:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GavinPatterson View Post
Why not? I mean we can - but relic's later on are something that we miss out on. Some objects such as weapons depend on a certain force alignment. I usually end up playing right between the lightside and darkside, and suffer for it.
Any plans to bring this into the game?

Just something to read if your interested and would like to know more.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi
You don't really miss out on a lot. The leveling weapons all have at level equivalents that aren't hard to obtain. In fact, once you get your initial orange saber you just keep putting new mods in it.

And the relics you get for alignment aren't that great. You can get better via daily or comms or creds.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Bojangle
11.09.2012 , 03:03 PM | #26
There is no need for a gray jedi in the game. You either go sith or jedi. You add this extra option then you need to add extras for all the other classes. You can't simply give all the extras to one class and not the others.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

doctor_atomic
11.09.2012 , 03:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by GavinPatterson View Post
Why not? I mean we can - but relic's later on are something that we miss out on. Some objects such as weapons depend on a certain force alignment. I usually end up playing right between the lightside and darkside, and suffer for it.
Any plans to bring this into the game?

Just something to read if your interested and would like to know more.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi
Why exactly should you be rewarded for not making a clear moral choice?
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Blackavaar
11.09.2012 , 03:14 PM | #28
Yep.

Gray has many shades to it..... whereas force users are all about making clear choices and giving Allegiances. It's been clear since Luke met Yoda that when pursuing force training... a point comes where you must make a choice in the force.

So Gray force user is an oxymoron IMO.

That said.. setting aside the lore context.... it's a game... so there should be bending of the lore to please some of the diversity desires of the players.
Considering that in game there are some Dark Side choices that seem more right than their Light Side equivalent (ie. Breaking a minor law to stop a Senator from propagating his Empire agenda), I'd agree. They need to bend the rules to fit the game, not the films.

BTW, if you really look at his actions, Luke can be described as a Gray Jedi. Solo is definitely a Gray Smuggler. And even Obi Wan did some things that might be considered Dark (using the Jedi mind trick willy nilly seems to be frowned upon in-game) if they were in this game. So, the concept is not without precedent, even in the films.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Blackavaar
11.09.2012 , 03:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by doctor_atomic View Post
Why exactly should you be rewarded for not making a clear moral choice?
Items that require a Light Side / Dark Side Zero and have a level requirement so that lower levels can't use it. Voila!
What's the problem with that?

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Nydus
11.09.2012 , 03:35 PM | #30
Gray Jedi are non-canon? Ummm... they are definitely KotOR canon.

How to implement them in the game? Uhhh... why can't we accrue light side and dark side points and just have item requirements like (Lightside III, Darkside IV, etc.).

Not the most difficult thing in the world to have implement IMO and quite frankly having to artificially be a jerk or a goodie two shoes just for "points" so I can get X gear is a major turnoff.

Really very little excuse for a KotOR game not to have this incorporated at launch and the irritating thing is that this was a conscious design decision. Not particularly time intensive.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)