Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Two similar relics - effect summirized?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Two similar relics - effect summirized?

pan_sObak's Avatar


pan_sObak
11.09.2012 , 11:44 AM | #1
HI all!

looking at Campaign Relic of Ephemeral Mnding
It's said that it has effect of 50% percent of chance to heal 456 more while healing an ally and has a cooldown 4.5 sec

i have the question - what happen if i will have 2 such relics?
will be chances 100% or 912 heal with chance 50% or chances for activation of both relics will be separate with common cooldown?

and one more question :-)
do healer need accuracy? have a healer chance to miss his ally?
because if not then better equip crit+surge instead of acc+power i think...

thank a lot for reply!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Oggthebase's Avatar


Oggthebase
11.09.2012 , 01:00 PM | #2
- normally all the "effect" tooltips have a text that says that they won't be cumulative to similar effects, so if you wear 2, only one effect is active and the other won't activate at all.
- accuracy is only to hit an ennemy. A healer does not use accuracy on his/her gear.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.09.2012 , 03:18 PM | #3
Seeing as you are linking a campaign relic, I assume you are working towards the best gear. You'll actually be wanting the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages for PVE or PVP in order to get the biggest power boost possible. They are best in slot for almost every class outside of tanks. It will require quite a bit of PVP to get since they take ranked comms, but the overall increase to power is amazing. I don't know of anyone who uses the activation relics like you mention since it is too dependent on the procs to gain the benefit of wearing it.

As already mentioned, they will not stack to 100%. At best, you might have 2 different rolls at 50% each to get the extra heal, but I don't believe that is the case. In either case, having 226 more power is far superior to an extra 500 healing every now and then. I can be more specifically helpful for sorc healing, but power is the secondary stat that has almost no diminishing returns (unlike crit and surge) and is important for all DPS and healing classes.
I have opinions and stuff

JacksonMo's Avatar


JacksonMo
11.09.2012 , 03:26 PM | #4
Nope, they don't stack. I believe it says right on the tool-tip that only one such effect counts.
On my tank, however, I do have one that periodically boosts defense, and another that does bonus damage.
I suppose a healer could have one each for damage and healing, but healers rarely have time to dps, unless they are way over geared, which itself would make the marginal dps boost seem pointless.

RickyChavez's Avatar


RickyChavez
11.10.2012 , 06:52 AM | #5
Yeah get the pvp relic. Especially if you are a sorc. The 500 is random and if you aoe, it could go on anyone its also timed. The pvp you always have that stat boost into every single heal you do.
Nikki'imi'nag <Adventure Time> | Sorc Heal | The Harbinger The ItsaTrap Legacy
----- Sexy -----
My Channel http://www.youtube.com/rickychavez
1.4 PVP Guide Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3wXaobzMo

pan_sObak's Avatar


pan_sObak
11.11.2012 , 11:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Seeing as you are linking a campaign relic, I assume you are working towards the best gear. You'll actually be wanting the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages for PVE or PVP in order to get the biggest power boost possible.
Thanks all for help!

I thinking about to rescpec my merc to healer and my next alt levelling to be a healer is a sage
i've got a point about power as a better stat (and as a DPS/healer class i'd prefer to have opportinity to play both roles if possible and power suits both), but i do not do pvp so it's hard for me to get a war hero relic but now i have 200+ daily commendations which i'd like to spend :-)

from available campaign relics there's a Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages which bust power for 350 for 30 secs, so now i have similar questions :-)
Will two such relics share the same cooldown and what time of cooldown is?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.12.2012 , 09:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
Thanks all for help!

I thinking about to rescpec my merc to healer and my next alt levelling to be a healer is a sage
i've got a point about power as a better stat (and as a DPS/healer class i'd prefer to have opportinity to play both roles if possible and power suits both), but i do not do pvp so it's hard for me to get a war hero relic but now i have 200+ daily commendations which i'd like to spend :-)

from available campaign relics there's a Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages which bust power for 350 for 30 secs, so now i have similar questions :-)
Will two such relics share the same cooldown and what time of cooldown is?
I would still grab the PVP relics, tbh. It is a significant upgrade. Save your daily comms for 1.5 when you can buy campaign level armorings with them for your other gear. The WH relics cost like 1200 or 1400 ranked comms and 200 regular warzone comms. If you do PVP for 1 week, you can get 100 ranked comms a day just for playing 4 games (2 if you win both) and pick up another 300 for winning 9 games throughout the week. That's 1000 already, plus you'll get 1000 regular comms. This doesn't include the comms you get from the actual matches and you'll already have one relic down if you convert some of those regular comms into ranked comms at the PVP vendor.

As to which ones share cooldowns if you go the daily comm route, I honestly don't know as I've never used them. I apologize I can't help you more there.
I have opinions and stuff

pan_sObak's Avatar


pan_sObak
11.12.2012 , 11:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RickyChavez View Post
Yeah get the pvp relic. Especially if you are a sorc. The 500 is random and if you aoe, it could go on anyone its also timed. The pvp you always have that stat boost into every single heal you do.
yes, 456 is random 50%
but as far sa i get from here , power gives 0.17 healing per each points that gives me with 2 PVP relics 39.78 stable bonus to healing with each hit vs random 50% 456 direct healing with cooldown 4.5 secs... well, minding activation time (i can't hit an ally more then 10 times per 9 secs as far as i know) it seems to me that compaign relic is better, may be i am wrong of course :-)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.13.2012 , 09:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
yes, 456 is random 50%
but as far sa i get from here , power gives 0.17 healing per each points that gives me with 2 PVP relics 39.78 stable bonus to healing with each hit vs random 50% 456 direct healing with cooldown 4.5 secs... well, minding activation time (i can't hit an ally more then 10 times per 9 secs as far as i know) it seems to me that compaign relic is better, may be i am wrong of course :-)
The Campaign Relic of Ephemeral Healing has a 50% chance to restore an additional 456 healing over 3 seconds, but the effect can only occur once every 20 seconds. The Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages gives you 315 power for 30 seconds with a CD (not sure what it is off the top of my head, sorry). The War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages gives 113 power permanently and can stack with two of them. Essentially, if you take the campaign power relic, you would have to get another relic that isn't as helpful, probably the crit and surge one. Based on the DR for crit and surge, you will already be at/around those caps at 35/75% with buffs on and have recklessness to get off two crit heals when you need to burst. Power does not have a reachable cap that I'm aware of and you can stack 2 WH ones for a permanent 226 increase to power. This increase will far surpass a possible 456 healing every 20 seconds based off of your AOE alone, not to mention the other heals you will throw out over a 20 second period. Also, consider it might hit someone that you were just topping off and it would be a total waste since it will be 20 seconds before it can activate again. If you were a DPS, the on use relics may be more useful because of mechanics from other classes (marauder's bloodthirst for instance that increase damage for a short time) but healers aren't burst healing during most of those types of phases.
I have opinions and stuff