Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inheritance Kit

Bargepole
11.09.2012 , 09:28 AM | #1
The initial idea of legacy was quite a cool thing that got devalued over time.

I myself started with Several characters Bo-Dur/Frostclaw etc... I had initially created specific legacies where character name matched my legacy name etc..

Anyway with the debacle of server merge I lost lots of names etc.. like most people (I know not the end of the world) but I am re-planning legacies on a few servers. All my original characters are on Red Eclipse and as I'm not a level 50 gamer I have levelled characters to get legacy unlocks etc..

I have come to a point where I would really like to kill off some of my older characters and let the children take over. Yes you say but you still have 12 char slots and possibly more soon! Even if I had 50 char slots I would still want to kill them off!.

The problem with killing them off is they have unique items from events (I still have a lot of DNA as we were promised the Jawa trader would be back but that's a different tradeable issue). There are pets etc and gear from events that were not bound to legacy or ones bound to the char can not be traded.

So I would like an Inheritance kit which could be player crafted(or not) and pass on something bound to your character or a pet/vehicle that you have redeemed.

I have two sith juggs that just don't match my legacy now. They have pets from the first two events that are not available elsewhere and I would like to pass them on before I delete them. Is there anything in game to enable me to do this now?

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.09.2012 , 09:49 AM | #2
The inheritance kits are kinda garbage IMO, I have one in several toons banks uncrafted (plus a bunch of other inheritance/birthright drops) hoping they revamp this system to something useful (like heirloom gear in WoW that leveled with player).

I've never seen anywhere that the devs promised DNA could be used again. I remember one saying maybe, but the tone of the post sounded like they hadn't really considered that.

TheNevet
11.09.2012 , 10:06 AM | #3
^clearly didn't read what OP said

As for OPs question: no, you'll probably either have to keep or delete them. Later on, there is supposed to be a character transfer service, if that helps
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.09.2012 , 11:42 AM | #4
^Clearly presumes to know what I did or didn't do.

JimG
11.09.2012 , 12:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bargepole View Post
The problem with killing them off is they have unique items from events (I still have a lot of DNA as we were promised the Jawa trader would be back but that's a different tradeable issue).
They never said that. They said the DNA vendor would only be available for 1 week after the event ended and then it was unknown whether the vendor would ever return. They never came remotely close to "promising" the DNA vendor would return.

uniz
11.09.2012 , 01:01 PM | #6
interesting idea

i can see a new cartel item in the future. one that removes the bop binder and makes a item bol. also perhaps one that make some bop items boe. it can be done as runes of magic has them in their shop all be it rather expensive but popular.

not sure how this would work with pets and mounts as they become a ability rather than a item once used. i am sure there is a way around it though.