Cartel coins starting at 450 /$4.99

Iwipe

Since alot of people were asking. The information came from Massively article.

And at launch, the least amount of Cartel Coins you can buy is 450 at $4.99, although the team reserves the right to add items under the $4.99 price point in the future.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/08/swtor-launches-free-to-play-on-november-15th-no-rumor/

Edit: Goes up to $39.99 for 5500 Cartel Coins.

Edited by Iwipe

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Thats actually a bit low, but I hope that's because the offer bonus coins with higher cash amounts.

Something like

4.99 - 450 coins

9.99 - 1000 coins - 100 bonus

14.99 - 1600 coins - 250 bonus

19.99 - 2200 coins - 400 bonus

And offer one large coin purchase

39.99 - 5500 coins - 1500 bonus

Edited by LordArtemis

Makes sense. Tiered pricing is common practice in the market. The more you buy, the more coins per $ you get.

And with the bottom of the tier just over $1 for 100 coins, the 500 coin stipend for subscribers is clearly following the industry standard of 1/3 of subscription price returned as coins.

Thanks for the link. Time to get the marketing department out there in full swing.

Hehe... it already is. They are leaking information to internet sites and letting guerilla marketing via player drum network do the ground work for them and create some buzz energy.

Of course they do run the risk of some monkey drumming scattered amongst the skilled drummers. But then that gives the the room to come in and do a marketing rochambeau on the monkey drumming..... though I don't know why they would want to antagonize the monkeys. :p

Makes sense. Tiered pricing is common practice in the market. The more you buy, the more coins per $ you get.

And with the bottom of the tier just over $1 for 100 coins, the 500 coin stipend for subscribers is clearly following the industry standard of 1/3 of subscription price returned as coins.

And we have our confirmation. ;)

Thanks as always Dulfy! :)

Since alot of people were asking. The information came from Massively article.

I just want to go off topic for a moment to say that I really appreciate all that you do to consolidate accurate information and keep us all informed. :)

And not just for this MMO either! I really don't know how you do it. You must have cloning technology or something! :D

You deserve LEGEND status everywhere you go IMO. ;)

I just want to go off topic for a moment to say that I really appreciate all that you do to consolidate accurate information and keep us all informed. :)

And not just for this MMO either! I really don't know how you do it. You must have cloning technology or something! :D

+1000000 :p

:D thank you! :)

The 39.99 for 5500 Cartel Coins came from here

Edited by Iwipe

About what I expected...$1 USD for 100 CC (give or take), with bonus coins for larger purchases. I am slightly irritated that once again 3rd party websites get this type of news before customers do.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I haven't seen anything in the store I would buy, and I can promise you I will NEVER buy a frickin gambling box. Gambling boxes are a blight. How about just selling everything in those boxes at a fixed price instead of relying on addictive personalities to dump money down a rat hole? I am highly disappointed in (but not surprised by) EA/BW for adding these.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I haven't seen anything in the store I would buy, and I can promise you I will NEVER buy a frickin gambling box. Gambling boxes are a blight. How about just selling everything in those boxes at a fixed price instead of relying on addictive personalities to dump money down a rat hole? I am highly disappointed in (but not surprised by) EA/BW for adding these.

^QFE.

Indeed. I feel the same. :cool:

:D thank you! :)

The 39.99 for 5500 Cartel Coins came from here

This part pisses me off a bit:

"Subscribers on the one month plan will receive 500 CC per month. * Players on the 3 month or 6 month plans will receive more per month. (Exact numbers were not given but will be available next week.)"

Monthly subscribers are paying the exact same amount as 3 month and 6 month subscribers. Why do we get the shaft?

"Subscribers on the one month plan will receive 500 CC per month. * Players on the 3 month or 6 month plans will receive more per month. (Exact numbers were not given but will be available next week.)"

Monthly subscribers are paying the exact same amount as 3 month and 6 month subscribers. Why do we get the shaft?

It's a reward for a longer commitment. It's not about the month to month cost. One effectively enters into a "contract" with EAware that you will in fact pay for X number of months. They currently reward with a reduced subscription for the commitment. It stands to follow that an increase in CC would be given for the same commitment. :cool:

Im a little disappointed we wont see character appearance changes and name changes at launch, but I have to give them a conditional pass on this one considering it might pose some difficulties that are unforeseen.

I really felt these were important items to have in right at the market launch. The impact would have been tremendous IMO. But its better late than never.

The condition, naturally, is that they dont take too long...more than 90 days and the impact will be minimal.

I also feel server transfers and color changes for armor, as well as the ability to convert armor to orange/adaptive armor would also be big sellers and have a huge impact in overall appeal of the game.

Side note: Looks like I hit the mark on the max coin cost. It did seem to make sense having some sort of bonus coins as you moved up the ladder.

Edited by LordArtemis

About what I expected...$1 USD for 100 CC (give or take), with bonus coins for larger purchases. I am slightly irritated that once again 3rd party websites get this type of news before customers do.

This is how the world works now. It's accepted in other games; it does well there and it will work here. The money from this funds your content. Buy the items off the GTN and tell everyone that you are a morally superior player then.

I was curious about this as well.

Are they referring to someone who pays for one month with no recurring payment? As of now my sub should be good until I die or become unemployed (even then I think I could scrape $15/month together to get my fix :D).

Is there even an option to re-up once a month w/o a recurring option? I have no idea, I basically did a shut up and take money every month when I got the game.

Hopefully recurring monthly sub will get the same extras.

Meh...I can understand you being upset, especially when it actually costs you more to play m-to-m, but longer term commitments are more valuable to Bioware.