Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dras_Keto
11.15.2012 , 04:31 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Killance View Post
The first one is the quick bar restrictions, I mean c'mon how greedy can you get?
The second is the equipment restriction, GL doing your end game ops with full blues.

Aside from that I really don't have any other complaints aside from Smuggler being under powered still.

And yes I am a returning player.

You're thoughts on the new F2P model?

PS: Also, games says I have coins and yet they don't show up. I did buy the game a few months ago so should I be getting some or what?
Cept, you cant do operations AT ALL unless you pay them for a weekly pass.

I agree though, the quickbar thing is pretty damn stupid. Some classes, you literally cannot play without 3 or 4.

Killance
11.15.2012 , 04:32 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Slayer View Post
We have seen people "upset about quickbar and equipment, I think that people need to realize the F2P portion of this game is targeted at the KotoR 3 Crowd who are going to play for free, spend a little money and move onto a new character when the finish the class story. F2P is not catered to endgame or ops. I think they hope people will sub if that is part of the game they really want to do.
Alright, 2nd complaint was end game complaint. HOWEVER, the limited quick bars is just a greedy move for something so minor in the game.

Acks
11.15.2012 , 04:32 PM | #133
You clearly do not know what pay 2 win means. Pay 2 win = the best gear can be bought with $. that is not the case at all with TOR's F2P model
"True strength lays between dark and light, It is there where you will find true power" - Jarith Keign

JimG
11.15.2012 , 04:33 PM | #134
That's not pay to win. You're distorting that term. Anything that comes automatically with a sub is not "pay to win". Obviously non-subs won't be able to equip top-level gear and it's not even needed unless you're playing end-game stuff.

Killance
11.15.2012 , 04:36 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
That's not pay to win. You're distorting that term. Anything that comes automatically with a sub is not "pay to win". Obviously non-subs won't be able to equip top-level gear and it's not even needed unless you're playing end-game stuff.
Still doesn't change that the quick bar restriction is extremely stupid.

theSonofRevan
11.15.2012 , 04:49 PM | #136
I can't be the only one incredibly annoyed about the suddenly announced, absurdly low character limit for F2P am I?

I was seriously considering and even looking forward to F2P (as a student I can't afford a subscription really) but since this revelation I can't without deleting one of my 2 Level 50 characters.

A 2 character limit seems excessively low, espeically since it is the same for F2P and 'Preferred' Status (of which I am the latter) and it's like I'm being penalised for having paid before and created characters which I don't want to delete. I can understand limiting character slots, but 6 times less then subscription is ridiculous.

It's meant to be F2P, but I can't even begin until they introduce the option to buy more character slots. Seriously disappointed and probably won't come back after all, is anyone else in the same position?
"The greatest of victories are not manipulations at all but simply awakening others... to the truth of what you believe. Of hearing it echoed around you, in life." Kreia

Scottpevchin
11.15.2012 , 04:51 PM | #137
Title says it all... You guys are nuts. Keep on penny pinching.

MadhavaS
11.15.2012 , 04:52 PM | #138
Ive had to delete quite alot of characters i almost had tears in my eyes when i delted my sith warrior. Also my clone trooper god.

most anoying part is that i can't make a new char cus of the error saying i still have 6 or more chars.

worst part is sending money in mail was blocked i blew up like 5 mil cus of deleting alts fml.

TheBBP
11.15.2012 , 04:53 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by MadhavaS View Post
Ive had to delete quite alot of characters i almost had tears in my eyes when i delted my sith warrior. Also my clone trooper god.

most anoying part is that i can't make a new char cus of the error saying i still have 6 or more chars.

worst part is sending money in mail was blocked i blew up like 5 mil cus of deleting alts fml.
Why are you deleting alts?
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Philelectric
11.15.2012 , 04:54 PM | #140
The only two things I really want with the prefered status are

1: Have enough quickbar to play any class with all the potential of the class

2: Be able to fully use any grade of gear
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.