Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints using Companions

RAVM
11.19.2012 , 10:54 PM | #11
This is a popular request, I hope they consider it. It would let people go to a flashpoint anytime and take their time. Whether or not one player and three companions could get the job done on a normal flashpoint (don't make it available for hard mode), I'm not sure, but they could allow 4 companions to compensate.

• Solves spacebar conflicts, can go at your own pace.
  • Solves not being able to find a group (was queued in finder for about 1.5 hours last night and nothing).
  • Still need people groups for HMs.
  • Would finally get some combat use out of our other companions. Most people use only 1 or 2.
  • More of that all important "MMO busy work" for players: gearing up those unused companions.
  • Shouldn't require a ton of development effort; companions already know how to behave in groups.

MaximusRex
11.19.2012 , 11:23 PM | #12
I think it would be cool, but I also think the FP should be in a special mode for this, otherwise it could hurt groups trying to do the actual FP from being able to form, and maybe offer a different type of reward, like special companion gear that might even have set bonuses that actually do something for them. It could be an interesting way to develop the story/relationships between crew members.

Drackkor
11.24.2012 , 07:59 PM | #13
This is long over due those idiots that say MMO means Massive multi player online haven't been waiting in a q for 45 minutes trying to get a group. The companions and story ends at 50 this would keep a lot of people from quiting the game.

oscardeleon
11.25.2012 , 07:07 AM | #14
+1 vote

I can understand that we only carry one comp in normal class story and other in-world quests. It was part of the design for them, I don't agree with it 100%, but I can understand and accept it.

But, I I would really like to take more than one comp, maybe even all of them on a FP-type of quest at some point. Aside from the few (yes, few) interactions they have in the ship, I would like to see more of how they interact.

Like Bastila force pushing Mission, it was fun. Let's have more of that.

And about the two M's in MMO...well, it's right. But, to me, this is more like KOTOR3 with some added Multi-player stuff, in the sense that I mostly solo all my characters (6 so far). My choice, I know, BW has to balance it out with all the other players, but I can always ask.
[Something about duct tape and the Force here]