Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvE players get PvP GEAR if you want to do PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
PvE players get PvP GEAR if you want to do PvP
 

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
11.06.2012 , 07:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Didy_Kush View Post
Nobody is a PvP nobody!!!
You are when you've done one 50s bracket warzone in 8 months I simply don't PVP.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dafydil View Post
Heya, just to put this out there. I don't claim to be the best, and yes some people can kill me if in sucky gear. But not trying to make excuses for myself, I don't recall being beat by you (don't even know who you are, if you did kill me I'd remember so much as your name). But consider that I'm not the best healer, I take a lot of damage in wzs, I have constant lag, and I just recently got Rakata stim after several weeks of Carthy telling me to get one . Most people 1 v 1 can't beat me. And I'm not telling ppl to just come and call me out and challenge me because I said that. But in wzs it's true. You could have beaten me, but don't forget that you're not the only one that is hammering down at me in wzs.
I didn't say I beat you, I said I killed you. There's a big difference there, and no offense intended, but I find it hard to believe that you remember every time you got killed, even by players who've only been in one warzone with you ever.

I remember what happened (because, y'know, it was my only 50 warzone on that character). I basically burnt you down while you were standing still self-healing. That's why I'm not saying I "beat" you, because there was no CC of any form involved, and no movement either. It was just my sentinel doing a max burst rotation on a dummy really.

I didn't really intend to start a discussion on this, it was just a tongue in cheek comment. I'd rate myself against you guys in PVE any day, but PVP is another matter. If I was playing against you for real I'd get stomped.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Didy_Kush's Avatar


Didy_Kush
11.06.2012 , 07:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I'd rate myself against you guys in PVE any day, but PVP is another matter. If I was playing against you for real I'd get stomped.
Idk... Im pretty good at PVE I quested to 50 and everything

Dafydil's Avatar


Dafydil
11.06.2012 , 07:16 PM | #13
As I said before I'm not the best healer haha. And I find it amusing the amount of people that get their egos buffed up or take pride in killing me solo or not. (Not saying you have an ego, who knows you might in PvE *shrug*) If you remember so well, mind telling me what wz? Refresh my memory a bit. Because to me your nothing but a random one time PvP player that takes pride in killing me enough to post about how taking a pocket healer, you can beat Carthy and I in PvE gear. Sorry but please. Because you're a nobody in PvP let me tell you that Carthy and I take the most damage in wzs. Just about always. But please! Tell me about that amazing encounter against a dummy. I'm all ears and listening. ^_^

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
11.06.2012 , 07:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafydil View Post
And I find it amusing the amount of people that get their egos buffed up or take pride in killing me solo or not. (Not saying you have an ego, who knows you might in PvE *shrug*) If you remember so well, mind telling me what wz? Refresh my memory a bit. Because to me your nothing but a random one time PvP player that takes pride in killing me enough to post about how taking a pocket healer, you can beat Carthy and I in PvE gear. Sorry but please. Because you're a nobody in PvP let me tell you that Carthy and I take the most damage in wzs. Just about always. But please! Tell me about that amazing encounter against a dummy. I'm all ears and listening.
I'm gonna be honest, you're coming off a little insecure here. You're playing a very casual MMO with an incredibly low skill gap (and not even in the US or EU for that matter), and you're getting upset about someone who claims to have killed you once (with a pocket healer) when you weren't playing properly, and who has even said he's not anywhere near as good of a PVP player as you. It's like you're out to confirm every negative stereotype about PVPers that there is. Just relax, eh?

At least Carthy has a sense of humour.

Edit: and for the last time, I said "killed", not "beat". We lost the warzone, as you'd expect. Winning is what matters, not individual stats or one-off kills.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Dafydil's Avatar


Dafydil
11.06.2012 , 08:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I'm gonna be honest, you're coming off a little insecure here. You're playing a very casual MMO with an incredibly low skill gap (and not even in the US or EU for that matter), and you're getting upset about someone who claims to have killed you once (with a pocket healer) when you weren't playing properly, and who has even said he's not anywhere near as good of a PVP player as you. It's like you're out to confirm every negative stereotype about PVPers that there is. Just relax, eh?

At least Carthy has a sense of humour.

Edit: and for the last time, I said "killed", not "beat". We lost the warzone, as you'd expect. Winning is what matters, not individual stats or one-off kills.
Forum talk is boring me now, back to watching elections. But thanks for you input I'll be better next time. And I take this game 100% seriously ofc. Byee have a good day.

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
11.06.2012 , 09:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I'm gonna be honest, you're coming off a little insecure here. You're playing a very casual MMO with an incredibly low skill gap (and not even in the US or EU for that matter), and you're getting upset about someone who claims to have killed you once (with a pocket healer) when you weren't playing properly, and who has even said he's not anywhere near as good of a PVP player as you. It's like you're out to confirm every negative stereotype about PVPers that there is. Just relax.
Really? With those kind of statements you were obviously wanting a response, "look I killed u in pve gear lol!". Then you backpedal at resistance.

But your playing a combat sentinel which has crazy burst, plenty of roots to keep a healer in place and got a healing debuff and honestly I'm not surprised that you could kill a healer.

So could you stop offending everyone that does pvp on this server by calling it low skill gap (lol coming from a sentinel, but then again I can see the sage stereotype attitude in there) and then saying we're inferior to the EU or US, like they are somehow better at pvp then us. Just as ridiculous as saying the US an EU are all better at doing operations then you.

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
11.06.2012 , 10:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
Really? With those kind of statements you were obviously wanting a response, "look I killed u in pve gear lol!". Then you backpedal at resistance.
Clearly you're reading different words than I'm writing, and I'm not sure what I can do about that. I made a tongue in cheek comment (indicated very clearly by my use of an emoticon) that was only intended to communicate that you can still do damage and have some sort of an effect in PVE gear. Certainly more than you'd manage in Recruit gear under certain circumstances.

I even used the word "Seriously" to begin the next paragraph. Not sure how much more I could signpost it for you.

Quote:
But your playing a combat sentinel which has crazy burst, plenty of roots to keep a healer in place and got a healing debuff and honestly I'm not surprised that you could kill a healer.
Fkn lol. PVE spec thanks. Didn't use any roots. Certainly don't have Crippling Throw on my bar (it's still at level 1, no upgrades purchased). How many times do I have to explain that Daffy wasn't playing properly? It's not that hard of a concept to communicate. If he had been, I wouldn't have been able to kill him.

Quote:
So could you stop offending everyone that does pvp on this server by calling it low skill gap (lol coming from a sentinel, but then again I can see the sage stereotype attitude in there) and then saying we're inferior to the EU or US, like they are somehow better at pvp then us.
How about you stop being so sensitive? I'm willing to bet that if you identified the best PVP players from EU and US servers, they'd be better than you guys. I might be wrong. What's it to you anyway? It's my opinion on a video game.

Quote:
Just as ridiculous as saying the US an EU are all better at doing operations then you.
The best US/EU ops groups are most likely better than us. This doesn't upset my precious sensibilities, though.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
11.06.2012 , 11:35 PM | #18
Quote:
Clearly you're reading different words than I'm writing, and I'm not sure what I can do about that. I made a tongue in cheek comment (indicated very clearly by my use of an emoticon) that was only intended to communicate that you can still do damage and have some sort of an effect in PVE gear. Certainly more than you'd manage in Recruit gear under certain circumstances.
"on my sent (min-maxed Campaign gear). Half-way through the match I killed you with a lucky Dispatch crit, then I popped Zen and just burnt Daffy down. He just stood there casting self-heals, didn't try to kite or anything. Either he assumed I couldn't do enough damage to beat out his heals (like most pubs, I presume) or he wasn't really playing. Probably both"
"Take a pocket healer and you can kill Carthy and Daffy in PVE gear "



Quote:
I even used the word "Seriously" to begin the next paragraph. Not sure how much more I could signpost it for you.
Used "seriously" to your second statement on that post to raise awareness that surprise, high level pve gear i.e camp/BH is better then recruit. Thats not the problem its the idiots going into pvp wearing fresh 50 greens or what other crap there is that is worse then recruit. So even in this "population" which still has plenty of pvpers I do not want a bloody 11k-12k hp sage/scoundrel/guardian/vanguard, etc, etc. ON MY TEAM.


Quote:
Fkn lol. PVE spec thanks. Didn't use any roots. Certainly don't have Crippling Throw on my bar (it's still at level 1, no upgrades purchased). How many times do I have to explain that Daffy wasn't playing properly? It's not that hard of a concept to communicate. If he had been, I wouldn't have been able to kill him.
Pretty hard to confuse a pvp spec combat with a pve spec combat as they would be exactly the same, but you just have no idea how to use your's effectively at all in pvp and most likely could've beaten any merc healer that would be trying if you knew what to do, as combat can deal with healers pretty effectively. Btw master strike has a root, so unless you managed to spam blade rush until you killed someone I doubt you didnt use a root.


Quote:
How about you stop being so sensitive? I'm willing to bet that if you identified the best PVP players from EU and US servers, they'd be better than you guys. I might be wrong. What's it to you anyway? It's my opinion on a video game.
You will most likely be wrong that they are out-right better, and sorry I disagree with your opinion that because we're not US or EU we're ****. Terrible opinions are the worst thing to have.


Quote:
The best US/EU ops groups are most likely better than us. This doesn't upset my precious sensibilities, though.
Doubt it.

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
11.07.2012 , 12:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
"lucky Dispatch crit
Either he assumed I couldn't do enough damage to beat out his heals (like most pubs, I presume) or he wasn't really playing. Probably both
"
Yeah, because those statements saying that I got lucky and killed someone who wasn't trying are clearly inflammatory and trolling. Just... wow.

Quote:
Thats not the problem its the idiots going into pvp wearing fresh 50 greens or what other crap there is that is worse then recruit. So even in this "population" which still has plenty of pvpers I do not want a bloody 11k-12k hp sage/scoundrel/guardian/vanguard, etc, etc. ON MY TEAM.
QQ some more. I don't want undergeared ******* in flashpoints and ops, but at least they make the queue pop. Get over it and carry some more, since you're so good.

Quote:
Pretty hard to confuse a pvp spec combat with a pve spec combat as they would be exactly the same, but you just have no idea how to use your's effectively at all in pvp and most likely could've beaten any merc healer that would be trying if you knew what to do, as combat can deal with healers pretty effectively. Btw master strike has a root, so unless you managed to spam blade rush until you killed someone I doubt you didnt use a root.
If you think PVE and PVP combat specs are "exactly the same", your ignorance of the class is astonishing. Further demonstrated by the fact you think Master Strike naturally roots (hint: it's talented).

Didn't use Master Strike either.

Quote:
You will most likely be wrong that they are out-right better, and sorry I disagree with your opinion that because we're not US or EU we're ****. Terrible opinions are the worst thing to have.
You're delusional then. The EU and US playerbases are far bigger, and have a much higher activity level in terms of competition between good players, which leads to much more practice and experience. This is a simple tenet that holds true in everything from Halo to Counter-Strike to Starcraft. Apparently you think you guys are the lone exception across the entire spectrum of competitive gaming. Good for you.

Quote:
Doubt it.
That's why the Oceanic playerbase is always challenging for PVE world firsts, obviously. Oh wait.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Vindrik's Avatar


Vindrik
11.07.2012 , 12:03 AM | #20
Just putting it out there, a lot of the reason that the top guilds get the PvE world firsts isnt just because they're good players. It's a combination of that, as well as having practiced the fights on PTS and spending entire nights doing the raid start to finish as soon as servers go live.
/done