Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Side Corruption Eye Color

lokdron
11.06.2012 , 12:42 AM | #11
One thing I don't understand is why bioware decided to give red eyes when you hit ds rank 4 it should of been yellow from 1-5.

Plus having only yellow eyes is not correct either the only two characters who have proper sith eyes like in lore and the movies is Darth malgus and

SI spoilers

Spoiler

I am jealous of both of them I wish I had their sith eyes since thats how its meant to be I think bioware was just lazy with it. I mean DS corruption was not going to be in the game and then loads of people in beta were asking why is it not there and then bioware gives us plain yellow eyes and non canon red eyes. I honestly hope bioware goes back to sith corruption and do it properly.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Zenotraxium
11.06.2012 , 04:34 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
One thing I don't understand is why bioware decided to give red eyes when you hit ds rank 4 it should of been yellow from 1-5.

Plus having only yellow eyes is not correct either the only two characters who have proper sith eyes like in lore and the movies is Darth malgus and

SI spoilers

Spoiler

I am jealous of both of them I wish I had their sith eyes since thats how its meant to be I think bioware was just lazy with it. I mean DS corruption was not going to be in the game and then loads of people in beta were asking why is it not there and then bioware gives us plain yellow eyes and non canon red eyes. I honestly hope bioware goes back to sith corruption and do it properly.
I agree, I'm totally jelous of their eyes as well I mean, there is no real reason your eyes shouldn't turn the canon Sith eye color at Dark 4...I think I have a theory as to why they don't though...

We know Bioware is the dev team that made this game. They also made the popular "Mass Effect" game series. In those games you could control the main character and make him do Paragon/Renegade (Good/Evil) deciscions, similar to the DS/LS choices in ToR. In the ME game trilogy, making the main character do evil things made his(or her) eyes turn red. Originally, Sith Corruption wasn't in the game, enough people asked for it in beta and so BW said "Hey! You know how Shepard's eyes turn red in Mass Effect 2 if the player made him do bad things? Let's just add that to ToR!" as sort of a last minute quick fix.

I mean, their heart was in the right place, but, they designed npcs with the Classic Sith Corruption Eyes before they even put Sith Corruption in the game. How they didn't make the connection to give the player these same eyes baffles me.
Main: Sith Assassin - THE DARK BRETHREN
I'LL CHANGE MY SIGNATURE TO SOMETHING FUNNY WHEN MY INQUISITORS CAN WEAR THEIR AWESOME LOOKING HELMETS UNDER THE AWESOME LOOKING HOODS OF THEIR AWESOME LOOKING ROBES.

lokdron
11.06.2012 , 12:00 PM | #13
I have no idea I just hope that bioware goes back to sith corruption and rework it cause they got the pale face and the veins right they just have to work on the eyes.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya

Zenotraxium
11.06.2012 , 03:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
I have no idea I just hope that bioware goes back to sith corruption and rework it cause they got the pale face and the veins right they just have to work on the eyes.
I second that. The skin and veins look great. If we just had the classic eyes...
I'LL CHANGE MY SIGNATURE TO SOMETHING FUNNY WHEN MY INQUISITORS CAN WEAR THEIR AWESOME LOOKING HELMETS UNDER THE AWESOME LOOKING HOODS OF THEIR AWESOME LOOKING ROBES.

Rayla_Felana
11.06.2012 , 03:39 PM | #15
I agree entirely, the eyes Malgus has I would actually PAY for to equip, in-fact the seriously wrinkled look he has would be an amazing Dark VI if they ever do one.

lokdron
11.06.2012 , 06:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I agree entirely, the eyes Malgus has I would actually PAY for to equip, in-fact the seriously wrinkled look he has would be an amazing Dark VI if they ever do one.
Yeah I agree completely when I saw malgus for the first time I was jealous of his corruption heck I am even a little bit jealous of zash's as well her sith eyes are nice.

Zenotraxium
11.06.2012 , 08:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I know right? They could make a ton of cash of the Classic Sith Eyes were a Cartel Item. I'd gladly pay irl money for my character to have these eyes.

Wraiven
11.06.2012 , 09:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenotraxium View Post
I know right? They could make a ton of cash of the Classic Sith Eyes were a Cartel Item. I'd gladly pay irl money for my character to have these eyes.
I disagree. Why should we pay extra for something that should have been in the game to begin with? I believe I would actually be insulted if we were to have to pay real life cash for something that should have been an option from release.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

lokdron
11.07.2012 , 12:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I disagree. Why should we pay extra for something that should have been in the game to begin with? I believe I would actually be insulted if we were to have to pay real life cash for something that should have been an option from release.
Honestly I think bioware will do further work on sith corruption in general since now your sith eyes glow (I think they do glow in canon since I recall that darth sidious eyes had a glow to them as well in the movies hmm I can't really remember.) if you read the PTS notes. We just have to keep the topic up to show that there is interest in people wanting a sith eyes change to be more like the iconic characters in game (zash and malgus) and the movies

I personally hope bioware does this change for free instead of putting it in the cartel shop cause as you said malgus and zash's sith eyes is canon and that's how sith eyes should of been done in the first place. Instead of giving us plain yellow eyes and (non canon) red eyes.

Zenotraxium
11.07.2012 , 04:20 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Yeah, it would be a tad bit insulting for them to make us pay for something that pretty much should of been there from the start, but with f2p around the corner, you know BW is expecting a lot of needed income to come from microtransactions...hmmmm...

How about this; every player with an active subscription gets these eyes for free when they get put in game, but f2p players just get the red eyes at Dark 4, if they want the Classic eyes, then they have to buy them from the Cartel. That way the players who already had subs get these eyes for free, but if the f2pers want them they have to spend some cash, giving BW some needed income. That way, everyone wins!