Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh for the love of...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Oh for the love of...

Polebreaker
11.03.2012 , 10:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Seeing a player on my team disappear/stealth just before they cross the goal line to score
I've seen that a few times. I swear it must be some kind of trigger set up by those... whatever players who cant stand to get killed and instead stealth up just as they're about to die, even if they are carrying the ball, instead of passing it.

Blasphemerr
11.03.2012 , 10:55 PM | #12
I leap onto ball carriers crossing the fire all the time in order to root them, though, I do force camo instantly after to avoid any ball delivery nonsense.
Something pretentious.

Meepbot
11.03.2012 , 11:11 PM | #13
Not really an "oh for the love of...." moment, but there is an awesome glitch in huttball (may or may not have been fixed, havent heard anything about it for a while) where you can keep scoring after the game ended my team ended up winning 13-1, it was glorious.

But to stay on topic of the thread.... In a VS, close game, no one broke a set of doors. Were defending second round, 2 guys guarding cold door.... I go over there becasue I dont trust pugs to call inc, and I see a VG planting the door while our two guys are behind the pillar, blocking LOS of the attacker spawn to make them think no ones over there..... stopped that VG with 7.8 seconds left, then shouted at those two ******** for the rest of the game until our victory at the end
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Blasphemerr
11.03.2012 , 11:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Seeing a player on my team disappear/stealth just before they cross the goal line to score
I did this once; I had the ball meters from the endzone, I decide to hit blackout for the defense (Alt+MB2) and for whatever reason my brain hits Alt+MB6 and I fade. My ego will never recover.
Something pretentious.

Meepbot
11.03.2012 , 11:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
I did this once; I had the ball meters from the endzone, I decide to hit blackout for the defense (Alt+MB2) and for whatever reason my brain hits Alt+MB6 and I fade. My ego will never recover.
Lol Ive done something similar in an ops before, last week, we ran HM EV trying to get a few guildies and alts rakata gear, and I stealth out to avoid getting catraped after Gharj, and then I press shift +9 to to use blackout, but my finger twitches and I ht shift + 11, and use mass mind control.... yeah wasnt fun. We survived, but it was embarassing nonetheless. ( I use the SWTOR razer mouse btw, which is similar to the naga, which is why I have my keybinds like that )
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

heechJunzi
11.03.2012 , 11:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
I leap onto ball carriers crossing the fire all the time in order to root them, though, I do force camo instantly after to avoid any ball delivery nonsense.
Same. Especially with the clock running out, I'd be concerned the guy was going to high speed outta there. Or for that matter, what if you grapple but he steps to the side and just avoids the fire.

I mean, I see things from the OPs point of view, but things like this happen all the time. Doesn't seem that egregious.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Malkavier
11.04.2012 , 06:02 AM | #17
Seeing Derp de Derps throwing the Huttball to a Sniper that is Entrenched.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

PlagaNerezza
11.04.2012 , 07:55 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
I've seen that a few times. I swear it must be some kind of trigger set up by those... whatever players who cant stand to get killed and instead stealth up just as they're about to die, even if they are carrying the ball, instead of passing it.
Reseting the ball when you control mid is a very skillful move in huttball with stealth. Passing at times is a crapshot if enemies are near the target or your throwing up/down a level. Better to reset than turn it over.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

IronFirewind
11.04.2012 , 09:25 AM | #19
Playing in a regular WZ with a friend.

Denova Coast. Myself (as a Juggernaut) and a friend (Operative) had fought tooth and nail over the South Console, we finally took it with us being the only survivor.

Someone called NE being under attack and for some reason the entire Imp team flocked there.

The entire Republic team respawned and charged the South console. It was 2 v 7...
Lilisetté - Assassin | The Progenitor EU (RP)

Azrienov
11.04.2012 , 10:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
Same. Especially with the clock running out, I'd be concerned the guy was going to high speed outta there. Or for that matter, what if you grapple but he steps to the side and just avoids the fire.

I mean, I see things from the OPs point of view, but things like this happen all the time. Doesn't seem that egregious.
my vanguard has a four second root on pull, and I hit him with a stun to make sure.