Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PloGreen
12.08.2012 , 03:41 AM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
I think its funny that when we say bubble stun is OP, everyone screams at smash spec. in cas you havent noticed the plethra of smash spec QQ threads, that is where you take your smash QQ. This is a thread about bubble stun. Whats even funnyer is, if you have a carnage mara on you, you are going to die faster than if you have a smash mara on you, yet you dont see carnage qq threads lol.

If you dont wana get smashed, dont stand next to the target of the smasher.

If you are the target, be thankful he is smash speck instead of carnage!

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what they do with the bubble, I do hope they make it easyer for sorc to do damage and heal, by way of not being able to be inturpted, or something like that. Knowin BW, they will crank up abilitys to insane levels so that your average sorc can compete and your not average awesome sorc will be doing smash spec damage haha. Then all the marauders will be complaing about how force storm is so OP or somthing lol.
Well silly me, I guess I thought most people in the gaming community would realise bubble stun was a direct counter to the smash bollocks we have currently.

Yes lets just remove bubble stun and leave smash (its fine).

If you dont want to get bubble stunned - pop it from range (see what I did there? probably not)

NoTomorrow
12.08.2012 , 04:16 AM | #602
Lol at maras suggesting not grouping togeter for the smash, may i suggest them not doing the sa eg against stun bubbles?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Lafay
12.08.2012 , 04:33 AM | #603
You could say its a direct counter to rage but the issue is it also counters all melee, regaurdless of spec. The melee is going to get stunned if he hits just one guy with the bubble or all 5 doesnt really matter, in fact i try to break all of them i can as to help my teammates, if im gettin stunnned anyway, might as well break them all lol.

point is, if i aoe or single target, as a melee, it doesnt matter. If I am rage/carnage/anni/imortal/veng without unstoppable, and jedi equivilents and/or shanky OP/smug, sloppy PT, or unlucky soul fighting a click-off-sorc you get stunned, alot.

Lafay
12.08.2012 , 04:39 AM | #604
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
Well silly me, I guess I thought most people in the gaming community would realise bubble stun was a direct counter to the smash bollocks we have currently.

Yes lets just remove bubble stun and leave smash (its fine).

If you dont want to get bubble stunned - pop it from range (see what I did there? probably not)
If i can and have time to setup for a range pop using a scream or throw, I will, and do. Doing this is a dps killer for sure and some times, if i want to kill somone, i have to do this. Take your average player though, they usually wont have the skill to do this, and if it is OP against the average player that doesnt know how it works then it just wont last.

to answer your first question, let me provide a answer to your prayers! I have an idea, make is so the stun only effects a warrior/knight when they use smash! poof everyones happy hahaha

Tyrias
12.08.2012 , 04:56 AM | #605
You could say its a direct counter to rage but the issue is it also counters all melee, regaurdless of spec. The melee is going to get stunned if he hits just one guy with the bubble or all 5 doesnt really matter, in fact i try to break all of them i can as to help my teammates, if im gettin stunnned anyway, might as well break them all lol.

point is, if i aoe or single target, as a melee, it doesnt matter. If I am rage/carnage/anni/imortal/veng without unstoppable, and jedi equivilents and/or shanky OP/smug, sloppy PT, or unlucky soul fighting a click-off-sorc you get stunned, alot.
The problem I'd have with that point, is that what is "normally" the drawback to melee classes in other games is the inherent fact that they are melee. In SWTOR, there are plenty enough ways to get into melee range, and on short enough cooldown, that this disadvantage is largely diminished.

If the stun bubble is the only real counter to melee (with the exception of snipers who can just turret), then I don't think that is a good enough reason to nerf it as hard as many people suggest. I haven't seen any arguments in this thread that are persuasive (or thought out) enough to change my thoughts that removing the ability to end it prematurely is all that it needs to balance it better.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".

AngusFTW
12.08.2012 , 05:17 AM | #606
I think its funny that when we say bubble stun is OP, everyone screams at smash spec. In case you havent noticed the plethra of smash spec QQ threads, that is where you take your smash QQ. This is a thread about bubble stun. Whats even funnyer is, if you have a carnage mara on you, you are going to die faster than if you have a smash mara on you, yet you dont see carnage qq threads lol.

If you are the target, be thankful he is smash spec instead of carnage!

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what they do with the bubble, I do hope they make it easyer for sorc to do damage and heal, by way of not being able to be inturpted, or something like that. Knowin BW, they will crank up abilitys to insane levels so that your average sorc can compete and your not average awesome sorc will be doing smash spec damage haha. Then all the marauders will be complaing about how force storm is so OP or somthing lol.
The difference between smash spec and carnage is you can easily stun a carnage marauder through his burst and smash spec gets it instantly (you used to be able to kb smashers and they'd miss the smash). I mean sure if you eat a carnage marauders burst you willl die if you eat the whole thing (this is the spec i play btw) but all you have to do is stun his armor pen window so anyone that dies really fast at the hands of one its down to the player not knowing how to deal with them. Many smart players do this so i don't really think combat/carnage is overpowered at all.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Rincewend
12.10.2012 , 01:06 AM | #607

If you are the target, be thankful he is smash spec instead of carnage!
well applying that logic one would have to say if you don't want to get CC'd by the bubble don't get in range of it.

DarthMaulUK
12.10.2012 , 03:00 AM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrias View Post

If the stun bubble is the only real counter to melee (with the exception of snipers who can just turret), then I don't think that is a good enough reason to nerf it as hard as many people suggest. I haven't seen any arguments in this thread that are persuasive (or thought out) enough to change my thoughts that removing the ability to end it prematurely is all that it needs to balance it better.
Maybe you should look at the video in this link. As if this game needed more stuns. If stuns are Biowares only answer as a counter to anything, I suggest they quit and play Farmville or something
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Loladarulz
12.10.2012 , 07:14 AM | #609
Just make it that bubble casted on other classes doesn't have stun effect. It would still absorb damage and do its primary function - just without stun effect.

If sorc casts buble on himself/herself than keep the stun effect. Sorcs need this protection.

fungihoujo
12.10.2012 , 07:47 AM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by Loladarulz View Post
Just make it that bubble casted on other classes doesn't have stun effect. It would still absorb damage and do its primary function - just without stun effect.

If sorc casts buble on himself/herself than keep the stun effect. Sorcs need this protection.
Make predation only effect the caster, oh, and smash is single target now.

Because making something effect only one person rather than multiple people isn't much of a nerf right?