Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.22.2012 , 01:03 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceasaigh View Post
This

The stun bubble has turned WZ's into Stun Wars the Slow Republic. The sheer amount of stuns has gotten so out of control that everyone considers them the new normal for War Zones.
As opposed to how it's been for 6 months- Sith Warriors: The Smash Republic? Oh no, wait, it's still that.

Considering a pair of marauders can chain root anyone til they're dead without ANY resolve being applied at all- why not whine about that? It's not like a sorc is going to kill you in a stun... or all their stuns.

Oh right- marauders whining about their own class- that would be priceless.

Siorac's Avatar


Siorac
11.22.2012 , 01:19 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
Nope. Stun bubble is exclusively a mara/jugg problem and I love the tears that are flowing. Every other class (maby except concealment ops) can break it outside of stun range, if they cant its a L2P issue. Maras and jugs deserve every troll-bubble they get.
This misses the point ever so delightfully.

EVERYONE in an ops team can be bubbled. EVERYONE can burst that bubble with a single click whenever they want to. And it's stupid and makes warzones almost unplayable.

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.22.2012 , 01:26 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
This misses the point ever so delightfully.

EVERYONE in an ops team can be bubbled. EVERYONE can burst that bubble with a single click whenever they want to. And it's stupid and makes warzones almost unplayable.
Show me on the doll where the bad sorc touched your marauder.

BoDiE's Avatar


BoDiE
11.22.2012 , 01:52 PM | #394
Stun bubble doesn't roshambo anyone. It stops lolmaranabs from smacking the taste out of your mouth in 10 seconds. Now they take 15.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

Boyana's Avatar


Boyana
11.22.2012 , 05:22 PM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by Digimanbyte_ID View Post
Then your left with those sorcerors who can't find a spot in PvP group. To be honest being a DPS sorceror is tough even with flashbubble. Clever melee players know to keep 4 feet away and use ranged attacks and ranged DPS can just burst it down. If your melee and don't account for flashbubble in taking down a sorcerer your getting what comes to you.

Its the same for those complaining about focus force sweep up, keep your distance your protective procs to soak it or CC them them burn them down.
Yes, but bubble should not be the reason. It is sad. What is really broken is the class and other classes. You have a guy who can hit others for half of their HP and a guy who needs 6 people to work with if he is willing to be an asset to the team.

Yes, sorcerer, especially DPS sorcerer, needs good team to play with or a bad team to play against, in order to do good. I have been playing this game from the start and I still haven't seen a Sorcerer that you really wish to play with. Yeah, there are some good ones, but everything good Sorc does - good Warriors does it better.

My point is, they WILL look into bubble and, if I was the one having it, I wouldn't expect anything good. I think they should fix but give something in return even if that includes warriors nerf or giving us medium armor!

Warriors are complaining how it is not 'cool' to be stunned. I say, it is not cool to run and die, run and die. The worse is in Voidstar. It is a nightmare. The moment you jump down, 5 warriors leap to you at the same time. Maybe if they were charging one by one, 5 of them wouldn't have been stunned !

KiranK's Avatar


KiranK
11.22.2012 , 08:07 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Show me on the doll where the bad sorc touched your marauder.
You know, there are more melee classes than just maras and sentinels, right? And since you can right-click to pop your bubble stun at will, it affects almost everyone equally. I can even sneak up on other sorcs while stealthed with the bubble and pop it. The short sightedness is strong with this one.
There's no QQing in baseball.

SajPl's Avatar


SajPl
11.22.2012 , 08:15 PM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
You know, there are more melee classes than just maras and sentinels, right? And since you can right-click to pop your bubble stun at will, it affects almost everyone equally. I can even sneak up on other sorcs while stealthed with the bubble and pop it. The short sightedness is strong with this one.
Plaing my pyro : I stun a sorc and he clicks the bubble to stun me ... now both stuns end at about the same time and there we are a pyro and a sorc with no bubble ... guess who walked away from that one and who didnt ... Bubble is fine.

AngusFTW's Avatar


AngusFTW
11.22.2012 , 08:27 PM | #398
Playing my combat sent/mara i run at pyro/vg/smash jugg with stun bubble he has an extra 3 second stun to unleash his burst on me without me being able to do anything on top of there other 2 stuns.. working as intended. yes i could side step the bubble but and use my TWO barely ranged attacks that dont have the shortest of cooldowns but lets face it i've probably already got that used up on the sorc that placed the bubble on the first place... unless i myself have a stun bubble i am at a great disadvantage.. working as intended bioware..

FYI the best sorc/sage healers i know play full heal spec outside of rated wzs. The stunfest is such a major factor in these that they are generally made to play it but the very best healers from the class would play full heal by choice. get a good tank, kiting skills and nobody can outheal a full heal spec IMO.. instead of lazy bubble everyone to stun them so you dont need to heal.. I think it should be a caster only ability if im honest..
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

dalin's Avatar


dalin
11.22.2012 , 09:33 PM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Playing my combat sent/mara i run at pyro/vg/smash jugg with stun bubble he has an extra 3 second stun to unleash his burst on me without me being able to do anything on top of there other 2 stuns.. working as intended. yes i could side step the bubble but and use my TWO barely ranged attacks that dont have the shortest of cooldowns but lets face it i've probably already got that used up on the sorc that placed the bubble on the first place... unless i myself have a stun bubble i am at a great disadvantage.. working as intended bioware..

FYI the best sorc/sage healers i know play full heal spec outside of rated wzs. The stunfest is such a major factor in these that they are generally made to play it but the very best healers from the class would play full heal by choice. get a good tank, kiting skills and nobody can outheal a full heal spec IMO.. instead of lazy bubble everyone to stun them so you dont need to heal.. I think it should be a caster only ability if im honest..
I agree, melee should win in a 2 vs.1

Oh and 31 corruption requires a tank to be playable in PvP. Are you saying Sorcs should only PvP when they have a tank? Is this Pe 1.4? I remember a whole lot of Mara/Sent players saying get a tank after 1.2. Maybe you should get a DPS buddy and one of you pop the bubble, while the other pops the Sorc/Sage.

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.22.2012 , 09:35 PM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
You know, there are more melee classes than just maras and sentinels, right? And since you can right-click to pop your bubble stun at will, it affects almost everyone equally. I can even sneak up on other sorcs while stealthed with the bubble and pop it. The short sightedness is strong with this one.
And marauders chain rooting me while resolve ticks down and they kill me in 6 seconds while easily interrupting my heals with their insanely low interrupt CDs doesn't effect everyone?

It was short sighted for marauders to continually lash out on anyone asking for mara nerfs or other class buffs for six months while they dominated- but that didn't stop them.

Marauders were complete jerks and FOTM for half a year- and now they want the people they made fun of for months to feel sympathy for the first snag they've hit? Ya, that's going to happen.