Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wbtusmc
11.21.2012 , 07:05 PM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Sorc bubble is a safety procedure gone wrong but if there hadnt been a need for it in the first place.......
This. The only change that should be made is keeping stun bubble in line with all other resolve metrics. Other than that, stun bubble is the only thing that slows the 5/8 maras on the opposing team. Funny how that coincides with the ratio of class-> complainer in this thread.

Rincewend
11.21.2012 , 07:15 PM | #342
It is an unintentional balance to smash, that suddenly got a lot of attention because WZ are filled more with Mara than ranged classes. If they fix it without bringing smash into line and the WZ will be smash fest again with all the other classes complaining more about taking 6k aoe hits and noy way to prevent it. Unless you just want everyone to roll a smash spec ?

Zoiks
11.21.2012 , 07:27 PM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by wbtusmc View Post
This. The only change that should be made is keeping stun bubble in line with all other resolve metrics. Other than that, stun bubble is the only thing that slows the 5/8 maras on the opposing team. Funny how that coincides with the ratio of class-> complainer in this thread.
Uh, no. It needs to either just be rolled back to being a mez, a mez at least requires good teamwork to take advantage of. Or if left as a stun it needs to respect the normal resolve rules, as well as cost a gcd when dismissed, have no effect when dismissed, or not be dismissable at all.

And that's being kind, it really shouldn't even be possible to stack the shorter cd + lowered cost + shorter debuff via gear + increased absorption + aoe cc effect, that's just plain ridiculous overkill.

Zoiks
11.21.2012 , 07:41 PM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
It is an unintentional balance to smash, that suddenly got a lot of attention because WZ are filled more with Mara than ranged classes. If they fix it without bringing smash into line and the WZ will be smash fest again with all the other classes complaining more about taking 6k aoe hits and noy way to prevent it. Unless you just want everyone to roll a smash spec ?
Ok, since apparently the bandwagon has jumped onto this moronic idea, how about explaining it. How does static barrier prevent smash?

By absorbing it? Already does that with no cc whatsoever.

By preventing them from using it in the first place? How? Are you psychic? It's pretty close to impossible to prevent a smash because a smash specced player has 20 seconds to spend before the buffs which make smash broken expire. Sure you MIGHT be able to stop them from smashing when they leap in and immediately follow that with a smash, but even assuming you're fast enough that latency doesn't get in the way....guess what? You have a knockback, you could have used that, knocked him away and he would have wasted the smash. Instead you stunned him for 3 seconds, after which, he'll still have 17 seconds left on his buffs and a smash off cd. Genius!

By giving you the chance to run away after he breaks your bubble? Duh, smash has a 9 second cd, your stun lasts 3 seconds, and it sure is hard for smash specs to close the gap to melee....oh wait, no it isn't.

And of course, the cc effect ONLY affects smash specs, and no one else....Well ok, that's not true, but at least it can't POSSIBLY be abused against ranged!.....Alright, that's not true either, but I'm 100% sure that it was intended to hinder smash specs cause the devs said so!.....You people are hurting my brain, please stop.

Rincewend
11.21.2012 , 08:50 PM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoiks View Post
Ok, since apparently the bandwagon has jumped onto this moronic idea, how about explaining it. How does static barrier prevent smash?

By absorbing it? Already does that with no cc whatsoever.

By preventing them from using it in the first place? How? Are you psychic? It's pretty close to impossible to prevent a smash because a smash specced player has 20 seconds to spend before the buffs which make smash broken expire. Sure you MIGHT be able to stop them from smashing when they leap in and immediately follow that with a smash, but even assuming you're fast enough that latency doesn't get in the way....guess what? You have a knockback, you could have used that, knocked him away and he would have wasted the smash. Instead you stunned him for 3 seconds, after which, he'll still have 17 seconds left on his buffs and a smash off cd. Genius!

By giving you the chance to run away after he breaks your bubble? Duh, smash has a 9 second cd, your stun lasts 3 seconds, and it sure is hard for smash specs to close the gap to melee....oh wait, no it isn't.

And of course, the cc effect ONLY affects smash specs, and no one else....Well ok, that's not true, but at least it can't POSSIBLY be abused against ranged!.....Alright, that's not true either, but I'm 100% sure that it was intended to hinder smash specs cause the devs said so!.....You people are hurting my brain, please stop.
Thanks I need the laugh. The bubble is not just on sorc, they are being placed on team (you seemed to miss that part). Not all spec have a knockback that can be hit on the fly (Snipers as a example need to be in cover to use them). So as a simple example for you, if a sniper on my team has teh bubble, the 3s stun gives him enough time to get into cover, knockback, root, ambush, follow, FB, move back and cover again. For a Sorc the knock back is cone now, not aoe so without the bubble stun if I get jumped on I have little chance to survive.

"And of course, the cc effect ONLY affects smash specs", no I am sure it is having a affect on other close ranged specs too, but a Op or like looking to backstab will think twice about it if they see a bubble up. "but I'm 100% sure that it was intended to hinder smash specs cause the devs said so!" Did they say so? I never said they did, in fact I said it was a unintended balance as that is what I remember them saying in the post. As for your brain hurting good luck with that

Zoiks
11.21.2012 , 09:15 PM | #346
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
Thanks I need the laugh. The bubble is not just on sorc, they are being placed on team (you seemed to miss that part). Not all spec have a knockback that can be hit on the fly (Snipers as a example need to be in cover to use them). So as a simple example for you, if a sniper on my team has teh bubble, the 3s stun gives him enough time to get into cover, knockback, root, ambush, follow, FB, move back and cover again. For a Sorc the knock back is cone now, not aoe so without the bubble stun if I get jumped on I have little chance to survive.
Really? I guess I missed the memo where snipers lost their knockback ability and constantly don't use their off-gcd cover instead choosing to run away from warriors. I guess since warriors ARE the counter class for snipers though it all makes sense.....you know, except it's the other way around.

Are there classes that benefit from having the cheesebubble? Hmm, I think I'm going to say yes, all of them. Do all classes have their own way to counter a warrior they know is about to use smash? Thinking again...yep, they all have stuns of their own, as well as potentially knockbacks, mez, or move the heck away abilities.

But that still doesn't change the fact that smash isn't broken because of a one on one situation where you need to be able to counter it, it's broken because it's aoe. And unless you're incredibly aware of your surroundings, you're going to eat the aoe eventually, and likely often. Cheesebubbles don't stop this, they just change the game into a ccfest. You're looking at this from the side that is using them when the other side isn't, don't worry that situation won't last long as more and more people start abusing it.

Quote:
"And of course, the cc effect ONLY affects smash specs", no I am sure it is having a affect on other close ranged specs too, but a Op or like looking to backstab will think twice about it if they see a bubble up. "but I'm 100% sure that it was intended to hinder smash specs cause the devs said so!" Did they say so? I never said they did, in fact I said it was a unintended balance as that is what I remember them saying in the post. As for your brain hurting good luck with that
What happens for ALL classes when they know someone has the cheesebubble is they think to themselves "Well bleep me" and attack anyway cause it's not like you have some choice in the matter when EVERYONE on the opposing team has the same cheesebubble.

How are people seeing this horribly broken ability as a solution to a problem that it doesn't even solve in the first place?

HolyFrogx
11.21.2012 , 09:24 PM | #347
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
sweet more marauder tears. keep em flowing. Don't worry for all you bad melee you can always just re-roll back to sorcerer/sage. I mean isn't that what yall do, change classes when ever a class gets a little buff.
There are plenty of bubble teams around on Dalborra and to be honest, its not a total win strategy. The problem is that is that its really really annoying. PVP loses its flow.
One game the other day had two teams of bubblers go head to head. The game was ****ed.
Frogalicious - Gimp Sentinel
Holy Frog - G'imperial Sorc

fungihoujo
11.21.2012 , 10:24 PM | #348
If they nerf this- they need to do something about making sorc DPS specs have on par burst damage to make up with being so immobile and squishy while casting.

There's so many things that have needed to be improved in sorcs since the 1.2 massive nerfs that caused half the population to quit the game- maybe BW should stop nerfing the under performing classes in pvp and give a few buffs where they're needed.

Or, they can just nerf mercs, sorcs and DPS operatives again while giving juggs and marauders more buffs. That seems to be working for BW and keeping them from going f2p in the first year.

At least this game can serve as a cautionary tale to other games about what happens when you go nerf and buff happy without thinking about balance.

Rincewend
11.21.2012 , 11:08 PM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
At least this game can serve as a cautionary tale to other games about what happens when you go nerf and buff happy without thinking about balance.
Completely agree. You think with all the MMO's out there with PVP they could of studied some before hand. No need to copy, but atleast get a feel for the basics.

DarthSabreth
11.21.2012 , 11:15 PM | #350
BW either needs to roll back the resolve changes to pre 1.4, or change the bubble stun to only the sorc/sage. right now they are the FOTOM for wz's, all they do is sit back toss out bubbles on their team and sit back and laugh at the stuns they cause. i was in a WZ where they had 4 sorc tossing em out and it was not fun at all, not to mention they can still speed through flames poping their bubble and those on the other side are stunned and cant even pull them back. this is silly to say the very least.

BW do you actually think that you will retain subs or get F2Pers to sub with this silly CC mess you caused with 1.4?
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .