Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Antipodes
11.19.2012 , 06:50 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Why would we want 8 man teams capable of AOE taunting at will again? Nothing says fun like 20% damage reduction 2...3...4...5...6...7...8 times in a row on a 17 second CD.
How would it be "at will" when I said the bubble has to be broken by damage? I'd much rather take a 6 second damage debuff than a 3 second stun.

Giving them burst damage might work, but it's also the least inventive solution. I think it makes the game more interesting when classes have their own specialty (e.x. amazing group utility, low burst) rather than aiming for an equal mix of everything.

DarthSabreth
11.20.2012 , 01:57 AM | #312
I have to agree, the bubble is way OP in wz's a sorc tossing out bubbles in wz's and having a mobile CC machine is out of control. pre 1.4 it was fine but now its just amplified. either revert the 1.4 resolution changes or make the CC on the bubbles limited to only the sorc.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Zoiks
11.20.2012 , 02:31 AM | #313
This change, this INSANE change, needs to go. It was OP BEFORE it was changed to stun, now it's just plain stupid. Even if their goal was to make sorcerers more in demand, which it does in the sense that you need one exclusively for this one specced ability just to be competitive now, it also promotes horrible, lazy play with the synergy from the change to the resolve mechanic. Unlike before where you at least needed to have well coordinated teamwork to take full advantage of it.

Among the many, many stupid changes I've noticed both before I left and since I came back, this one stands out. The only one that comes to mind that surpasses it would be the way in which they handled Ilum. Just plain idiocy, I can think of no other way to describe this.

Mind boggling.

Jean_Parisot
11.20.2012 , 02:45 AM | #314
I can't figure out what force bubble is guys?
The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

Paulman
11.20.2012 , 02:59 AM | #315
If people are using their abilities in a coordinated fashion, it definately means something is wrong with the game. This game is clearly made for melee face rolling. If I am not winning on my sith warrior it means they are either hacking or something is wrong with the game. Noone should be able to beat me and sorc/sages have no place in warzones there should never be a reason to have them in groups.

slimboi
11.20.2012 , 03:22 AM | #316
I agree! DPS for SAGE/SORC has sucked since the great 1.2 NERF'ing. How about add some skill back into our trees and we won't be downgraded to use dirty trick bugs to stay alive and viable to PVP teams.

Fix TWO BIRDS with one stone here Bioware! PVP QQ and LOW PVE & PVP DPS for SORC/SAGE.

BUFF the Madness/Balance Tree so "REAL DPS" can happen like it should for crap armored players.
Keep STUN BUBBLES - but make them only burst on damage or timeout.

^ This Bioware. You need to make DPS Sorcerer viable in Pvp again before you nerf the bubble. Increase our damage back to where it was pre-1.2 nerf, and then you can nerf the bubble. Until then, the melee QQ'ERS will have to just eat it because I will not stand there and be some sith marauder's punching bag. If it means I have to resort to cheap tricks to ensure my team a victory, or to ensure my survival for a couple secs/mins more, you bet your bottom dollar I will do just that.

Ycoga
11.20.2012 , 03:39 AM | #317
I don't get it. Sages get good DPS figures in WZ's. Their DPS seems fine, to me.

I think there's a difference between open-world and WZ. WZ is more organised and sages get focussed. In open-world, sages dominate as artillery that rains AOE from afar.

Force in Balance is virtually equivalent to Smash yet you don't see hordes of FIBers like you see hordes of Lolsmashers. Why? It's because sages are harder to play and more difficult to keep alive. Nothing to do with DPS output potential.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Ugrah
11.20.2012 , 04:17 AM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
I don't get it. Sages get good DPS figures in WZ's. Their DPS seems fine, to me.

I think there's a difference between open-world and WZ. WZ is more organised and sages get focussed. In open-world, sages dominate as artillery that rains AOE from afar.

Force in Balance is virtually equivalent to Smash yet you don't see hordes of FIBers like you see hordes of Lolsmashers. Why? It's because sages are harder to play and more difficult to keep alive. Nothing to do with DPS output potential.
Sages/Sorcs don't get good numbers in WZs because they have no means to. There is no burst, only sustained damage. I guess the highest burst would be death field but that is nowhere near the smash. After death field you don't have that much tools to reduce one's HP further down. The figures on WZ scoreboards showing sorcerers damage are lies as every madness sorcerer who's dotting anyone and everyone with affliction knows. The figures in the table looks impressive but the fact which remains is that amount of sustained damage is relatively low when compared to any bursty class. In reality this means that having affliction on everybody would give sorcerer like 25k dmg but each target is hit for 2500HP max over period 16s (or more). That could be easily healed through and people are not really bothered about cleansing it anymore

I played the bubble stun spec for the couple of days and I must say I felt the difference I was making in WZs,. This did not happen since 1.2 (unless it was hutball of course). I have to admit that the controlled stunning is way OP and broken. If this was meant to fix sorcerer (by forcing them all to one spec), it was a failure.
Bubble would need to be fixed somehow but I would appreciate if they give us something in exchange in terms of buffed DPS. Buff the lighting tree because it is pathetic and buff the lighting strike because its the most pathetic spell sorcerer can use. Or maybe make us use the light saber so we can swing it occasionally for the proc like sins do. Or buff the DOTs so they actually have some meaning

Ycoga
11.20.2012 , 04:23 AM | #319
Hmm... I dunno. All I know is that I get good results when playing a supportive role and less good when trying to solo other classes.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Zoiks
11.20.2012 , 04:34 AM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post

Uh, no, the smash spec gives smash an auto crit and +100% damage.

But the main problem with sorc dps isn't the damage they can do, it's the fact that it's primarily either activation time abilities or dots, neither of which work well at all in pvp.