Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SajPl
11.13.2012 , 07:11 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
I've been a ways away on my screen from a bubbler and still got stunned. And if you r specced bubble stun you are also specced knock back root which pretty much neuters a marauder. Sounds like if u are having issues with melee in ur spec, it is u that needs to l2p.
Sounds like you are having issues with sages in your spec (i have no problems with them) so it is u that needs to l2p .

Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
It would be cool if sentinels could buff 4 ppl every 20 secs (but not more than once per person every 30) with the ability to do a force sweep with full singularities. Instant buffs.
Somebody obviously has never seen predation after predation after predation score/turret/door ... Same with bloodthirst (hope i remembered the mirror of inspiration right).

Kegparty
11.13.2012 , 07:56 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
I think it is a balance to the melee heavy teams now. For those of you having problems with it, suggest you take a sniper and have him pop it from a distance than jump. Not only does this make Sorc useful in PVP, this also makes ranged classes useful too.
+1 to this post

LarryRow
11.13.2012 , 09:01 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
If people got their wish and it got nerfed so only the caster gets the CC on bubble break, then why the **** spend 7 skillpoints in a DPS skill tree to get it?
I agree, the bubble pop stun should work on all your allies.

Quote:
If they "fix" bubble blind so it gives out the proper amount of resolve, then bubble blinds become counterproductive by making sure every enemy is whitebarred all the time. That would mean instant death to the bubble blind spec.
No. You can have a 3-second mez for 300 resolve or a 3-second stun for 600 resolve. You can't have it both ways. People either need to not break mezzes (l2p), or the sorc needs to actually be careful about throwing bubbles around if she/he is concerned about everyone being white-barred.

Quote:
If they "nerf" the bubbles so they don't CC people if it is manually clicked off... Well.... Then they actually nerf the real inbalance that exist for this particular skill... The main problem we get from bubble blind spec is the 3 sec on demand AoE CC people get to use... (Oh yeah, please make cybertech grenades unuseable in WZs as well then, cuz why is it fair that crafted grenades have the exact same functionality that Sages get QQ over?)
Yes, manually clicking off the bubble to initiate the stun is totally broken. But the comparison to grenades is unfair. Unless you have figured out a way to throw a grenade while stunned.

Lastly, I agree that the Sorcs/Sages need a better 31pt build option.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

DaedalusV
11.13.2012 , 10:38 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I agree, the bubble pop stun should work on all your allies.

No. You can have a 3-second mez for 300 resolve or a 3-second stun for 600 resolve. You can't have it both ways. People either need to not break mezzes (l2p), or the sorc needs to actually be careful about throwing bubbles around if she/he is concerned about everyone being white-barred.

Yes, manually clicking off the bubble to initiate the stun is totally broken. But the comparison to grenades is unfair. Unless you have figured out a way to throw a grenade while stunned.

Lastly, I agree that the Sorcs/Sages need a better 31pt build option.
The only reason I defend the 300 resolve bubble is due to the way it forces the metagame. With 600 resolve bubbles I would go looking for a bubble or two to pop as a melee, giving me a whitebar before unloading my main burst. I realize that other cc follows certain rules, but since no AC is born equal, I can live with bubbles behaving a bit differently.
Especially since the fix on manually popping the bubble effectively takes away all control of the timing of when the bubble pops.

So if bubbles give 600 resolve like any other cc, then we keep the manual pop on demand...
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

DrIzzt-DoUrden
11.13.2012 , 10:58 AM | #215
I can't believe all of you defending this nonsense.

If a team has a bubble spec sorc/sage on their team everybody on that team essentially has an extra cc that auto aoe stuns when the bubble is destroyed.

What if the other team doesn't have a bubble spec sorc/sage? is this not a huge unfair advantage?

I've got a 50 sorc & I can tell you that this cc needs to change. Give it to the sorc & the sage but no one else should have it. Sure you can run around and put bubbles on everyone but you shouldn't be able to give every member of your team an extra cc. No other class can do this. Justify this by giving some equivalent to Mercenarys & Operatives or get rid of it.

What about this resolve? 300 resolve for this? really? so not only do sorcerers & sages give out free aoe stuns to their entire team, but when it actually stuns people their resolve only goes up by 300?

Remove the stun from sorcs & sages teamates. Or give Mercenarys & Operatives an equivalent.

Edit: I understand the need for this stun if you're a dps sorc or sage but understand that you're only hybrid spec'ing to abuse that extra cc you give out to your entire team knowing if the other team doesn't have a hybrid like you, it is simply not fair.
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
at first i was
then i was
but then i was

metaflibble
11.13.2012 , 11:26 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by DrIzzt-DoUrden View Post

If a team has a bubble spec sorc/sage on their team everybody on that team essentially has an extra cc that auto aoe stuns when the bubble is destroyed.

What if the other team doesn't have a bubble spec sorc/sage? is this not a huge unfair advantage?

I've got a 50 sorc & I can tell you that this cc needs to change. Give it to the sorc & the sage but no one else should have it. Sure you can run around and put bubbles on everyone but you shouldn't be able to give every member of your team an extra cc. No other class can do this. Justify this by giving some equivalent to Mercenarys & Operatives or get rid of it.

What about this resolve? 300 resolve for this? really? so not only do sorcerers & sages give out free aoe stuns to their entire team, but when it actually stuns people their resolve only goes up by 300?

Remove the stun from sorcs & sages teamates. Or give Mercenarys & Operatives an equivalent.

Edit: I understand the need for this stun if you're a dps sorc or sage but understand that you're only hybrid spec'ing to abuse that extra cc you give out to your entire team knowing if the other team doesn't have a hybrid like you, it is simply not fair.

I have been hybrid speced since launch, so I am most certainly not using it to abuse the extra cc. 1 patch ago we (DPS sorcs and especially hybrid DPS) were a laughing stock.

No one wanted us on teams it was go heals or go home. If you were 31 point madness you MIGHT get on a team if you were friends with some of them beforehand and were in the top 1% of players.

They finally give us a little something to make us at least utility viable for rateds and the whinners come out of the woodwork.

metaflibble
11.13.2012 , 11:33 AM | #217
That being said, I do believe the ability to click it off while stunned is a bit over the top and should be removed. No one should be able to use an ability of any kind while stunned except the CC break.

DaedalusV
11.13.2012 , 11:42 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by DrIzzt-DoUrden View Post

I don't think any of us is defending the bubble blind as it is right now.. (TBH I think most sorc/sage players still maining their squishies are well aware that the bubble is over the top) Don't listen to FoTM rerollers who defend the bubble, no questions asked, they need OP status to compete.

We want to keep a viable spec for ranked, without being OP.
Letting the target of the bubble have the ability to manually burst it for on demand CC is OP ---> Change it so they can't click it off anymore ----> Bubble spec may be fixed (further nerf/tweaks may be needed)

OR

Make the bubbles give the right amount of resolve (600 instead of 300)

One of those two changes would be enough to start of with. (one case makes it counterproductive to spam bubbles by raising resolve given, the other makes it impossible to control how and when the bubble pops)

If both nerfs happen, then sorc and sage viability in ranked is back where they are unwanted (unless controlled by a superb player, who would probably be doing even better on an AC that was viable)
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Crawelc
11.13.2012 , 02:26 PM | #219
Than make them unviable again untill you can find a way to buff them that doesnt break the metagame. Half resolve and pop on demand both need to be fixed. I was actually trying to build my guild back towards rateds, but with the bubbles like they are I wont even bother.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

DaedalusV
11.13.2012 , 04:47 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Than make them unviable again untill you can find a way to buff them that doesnt break the metagame. Half resolve and pop on demand both need to be fixed. I was actually trying to build my guild back towards rateds, but with the bubbles like they are I wont even bother.
so melee can stay on top of the pvp food chain? No. Nerf some melee specs too then.

Btw metagame HAS to change to keep things interesting. Bubbles a pbaoe, roll more ranged.