Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dacer
11.11.2012 , 05:16 PM | #191
I've said it once and I'll say it again... Let them have their stun bubble. For THEM. not for those that its cast on.

they should probably put it higher in the lightning tree as well.

Partygurl
11.12.2012 , 02:16 PM | #192
I do not think they should nerf bubble stun spec. People need to learn how to break it instead of qqing! it is not fair we deal with derpasmash and being stunned over and over again. We lose our Aoe heal to use this spec to survive longer in pvp. We are the squishiest. I swear the sorc/sages always get screwed in patches. Learn to play your class and move on. They should fix the resolve system instead.

Technohic
11.12.2012 , 02:19 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
I've said it once and I'll say it again... Let them have their stun bubble. For THEM. not for those that its cast on.

Yeah. That would be a nice small step in the right direction. Smaller movements are better in these games IMO.

Ravashakk
11.12.2012 , 04:24 PM | #194
Also preventing it from being deselected for timed cc would be prudent.

SOULCASTER
11.12.2012 , 04:30 PM | #195

Its pretty high up there in the tree. I dont think that needs to be higher. And I think the ONLY fix that needs to be changed for the bubble stun, is it should NOT fire a stun when the bubble wears off or is manually taken off. It should ONLY fire a stun when the bubble is depleted due to damage. Thats it.

That would make this stun 100x better. I think a LARGE MAJORITY of the pvp population in warzones (that hate this stun), are people that are inadvertently being affected by it. And are simply passing people as the stun is wearing off and bursting in their face and are now randomly stunned from all over the map.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/Cidxgaming
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

SajPl
11.12.2012 , 04:42 PM | #196

Bubble is fine, cant even absorb 1 LOLSMASH so I really dont see a problem. Especially that a LOLSMASH mara can do a 6k LOLSMASH every 9 seconds while the bubble is on a 20 second lockout if iI remember correctly. So do a LOLSAMSH, brak bubble and another LOLSMASH to damage, oh and since the bubble is weaker than said LOLSMASH that means the first LOLSMASH will do damage to the sage too. Carnage spec LOLgore+force LOLscream will break the bubble as well, anni LOLdots that will 100%crit for 2k (if geared properly) will break the bubble rather fast, so just take 2 steps to the side after applying them. L2P. Other classes and I mean all other classes can and should break the bubble outside of stun range so its also a L2P issue.

Ravashakk
11.12.2012 , 05:03 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
Bubble is fine, cant even absorb 1 LOLSMASH so I really dont see a problem. Especially that a LOLSMASH mara can do a 6k LOLSMASH every 9 seconds while the bubble is on a 20 second lockout if iI remember correctly. So do a LOLSAMSH, brak bubble and another LOLSMASH to damage, oh and since the bubble is weaker than said LOLSMASH that means the first LOLSMASH will do damage to the sage too. Carnage spec LOLgore+force LOLscream will break the bubble as well, anni LOLdots that will 100%crit for 2k (if geared properly) will break the bubble rather fast, so just take 2 steps to the side after applying them. L2P. Other classes and I mean all other classes can and should break the bubble outside of stun range so its also a L2P issue.
I've been a ways away on my screen from a bubbler and still got stunned. And if you r specced bubble stun you are also specced knock back root which pretty much neuters a marauder. Sounds like if u are having issues with melee in ur spec, it is u that needs to l2p.

SOULCASTER
11.12.2012 , 05:43 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
I want you to know, I LOL'ed a LOT at all your LOLAbility Comments hahahahaa Very spot on sir.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/Cidxgaming
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

Kuvox
11.12.2012 , 06:09 PM | #199
I propose a swap of sorts: Sorcs/Sages will no longer be able to bubble others with stunning bubbles but Smash/Force Sweep must be based on one's actual critical rating rather than the guaranteed one that Force Leap/Force Charge and Zealous Leap/Obliterate currently provide LOLSmashers with. This would force LOLSmashers to start stacking crit at the expense of power. As things stand now stunning bubbles are our only real defense against the 6-7k hits we are frequently hit with (and not a very good defense at that as others have stated).
Kuvox | Rakit | Ethelmerman - The Ebon Hawk & The Harbinger

Dacer
11.12.2012 , 06:44 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Partygurl View Post
I do not think they should nerf bubble stun spec. People need to learn how to break it instead of qqing! it is not fair we deal with derpasmash and being stunned over and over again. We lose our Aoe heal to use this spec to survive longer in pvp. We are the squishiest. I swear the sorc/sages always get screwed in patches. Learn to play your class and move on. They should fix the resolve system instead.
I find ironic that you say " Being Stunned over and over again " when that is exactly what the stun bubble is doing.

I don't Suggest that the bubble should be nerfed for the Soc just the ability to put it on their whole team, and they can manually trigger it while not adding the resolve of a stun.