Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidichIorian
11.07.2012 , 12:48 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I don't know about you, but I prefer to be a benefit to my team by the things I do, not because I have one ability that the rest of the team wants. This ability is basically like the 30% speed boost to predation for Carnage maras. People may prefer the damage on Rage right now, but you need to have one in Carnage just for this ability. I would prefer to continue balancing in a way that actually assists DPS sorcs in their ability, rather than being worthless but able to make everyone else have an extra stun.
Hence the "are you going to make up for whatever changes you have in mind". I'd rather have burst to match our survivability than some freaking bubble, which in the current state would be a burst that did 12K, but the odds of that happening are low. Same thing with the new heal, I'd rather have a damage buff than that crap but the people over at BW are seemingly only reading things that correlate with their own opinions. That's why I brought up the feedback threads, they totally ignored them.

knightow
11.07.2012 , 12:53 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
If they nerf focus/rage then vengeance/vigilance needs a considerable boost.
And everyone lives happily ever after
A change like this could have a very positive outcome regarding "Class Balance" If BW dosn't over due it.
50 Scoundrel ~50 Guardian ~50 Gunslinger ~50 Sentinel
50 Shadow ~50 Commando ~50 Vanguard ~42 Sorcerer
<Ghost Infantry>

Stncold
11.07.2012 , 12:55 PM | #103
Make it give more resolve and make it only stun when it breaks on damage.

It is utterly ridiculous how multiple people clicking it off can use it to keep multiple people CC'd to cap something.

Yes it does require coordination and teamwork to do it right, but it only requires one person giving out bubbles and nobody has to use their own CC's.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

veyl
11.07.2012 , 01:01 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.
lol. Yes. Lets nerf Sorcs/sage once again so that the class is rendered useless in Ranked Warzones and marauders and assassin/shadow hybrid builds can continue to face roll without ever meeting the nerf bat.. Good job PVP development team, good job.

cycao
11.07.2012 , 01:06 PM | #105
It's annoying and that's how I feel about the bubble. Could it add more resolve...possibly. Could it only be a stun on the caster...eh. Make it only break on damage so no more clicking it off...that seems fair. I just hope they don't "break" the class again but then again the only sorcs I play with are all healers.

cycao
11.07.2012 , 01:08 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
lol. Yes. Lets nerf Sorcs/sage once again so that the class is rendered useless in Ranked Warzones and marauders and assassin/shadow hybrid builds can continue to face roll without ever meeting the nerf bat.. Good job PVP development team, good job.
Well technically darkness assassins did get a nerf but yeah they can still put out equal or better dps than the other specs when played right.

SgtBranham
11.07.2012 , 01:23 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
It's annoying and that's how I feel about the bubble. Could it add more resolve...possibly. Could it only be a stun on the caster...eh. Make it only break on damage so no more clicking it off...that seems fair. I just hope they don't "break" the class again but then again the only sorcs I play with are all healers.
I agree with keeping the resolve where it is and taking away the ability to "click off" the Bubble. An extra, on demand, stun for an entire team is too strong when used properly. When its not being abused in this manner, i feel its fair. It can be a little annoying but sometimes leaping in and smashing 3 or 4 bubbles is worth it when i know the next stun/kb will fill my resolve to full. It also makes me use my force crush/saber throw to break the bubble instead of mindlessly leaping into the fray. Or on my sniper i chuck gernades like a boss to get that aoe in there.

cycao
11.07.2012 , 01:26 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtBranham View Post
I agree with keeping the resolve where it is and taking away the ability to "click off" the Bubble. An extra, on demand, stun for an entire team is too strong when used properly. When its not being abused in this manner, i feel its fair. It can be a little annoying but sometimes leaping in and smashing 3 or 4 bubbles is worth it when i know the next stun/kb will fill my resolve to full. It also makes me use my force crush/saber throw to break the bubble instead of mindlessly leaping into the fray. Or on my sniper i chuck gernades like a boss to get that aoe in there.
I honestly think that if they did not change resolve along with the bubble in 1.4 this discussion would not be happening for the reasons you stated about all the aoe that goes on in a warzone.

RjuDju
11.07.2012 , 01:30 PM | #109
Yesterday im playing a madness sorc and the other team has 2 gaurdians jumping to me insta 7k hitting (i have 1385 expertise btw)me and lol'ing on my dead body....i respec to bubble sorc and get says complaining of my bubble being OP....if u nerf my bubble then u should nerf the lolsmashaderps

LoL-K-Noob
11.07.2012 , 01:34 PM | #110
Reasonable nerfs:

1. Add resolve so It takes 3 bubbles to white bar instead of 4

or

2. Disable being able to right click it off

BioWare Nerfs:

1. Add a 1.5 cast time

2. Redesigned talent in Healing tree so it no longer lowers cost and cooldown when spec'd

3. Stun only affects targets in 2m range

4. Debuff that prevents getting bubbled has been increased to 30 seconds