Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Endar Spire On Taris? Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Endar Spire On Taris? Really?

GoldSting
11.02.2012 , 12:42 AM | #11
I have a harder time believing it survived the Taris bombardment plus sitting in a ditch for hundreds of years. Regardless, I think it's really cool that the ship's in the game, I wish there were more nods to KOTOR like that in TOR.

DarthDrachonus
11.02.2012 , 01:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post
I know what you are saying, but think about this. The ship itself is much much larger than that small fraction on taris. If you want a reason its there imaging one of those offshoots of orange is debris. Alternative you try seeing a 300 by 300 meter piece of hull in space at approximately 50 miles.

Perspective is a funny thing, you know an Aircraft carrier? A space cruiser is like 20 times larger at least.
Let's put this into perspective, and this is in favor of the above quote.

An Aircraft Carrier..specifically a Nimitz Class Supercarrier is 1092 (333 meters) feet long. A Star Destroyer is 5249.344 (1600 meters) feet long. Figure sizes haven't changed much as far as length (Or I could be wrong.) and rounding down on the Star Destroyer to an even 5249 feet, we're looking at a ship thirty one feet shy of being exactly one mile long, considering a mile is 5280 (1609 meters) feet.

So it's possible some of it actually survived.
The Most Interesting Sith in the Galaxy!

Pcolapat
11.02.2012 , 01:38 AM | #13
Dude where have you been? When Spock went back in time in that last movie he changed history and now Star Wars is heading off in a completley new direction. That movie came out between Kotor and this game. It doesn't matter what you saw in kotor. It is all different now. Jeez
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Spinikar
11.02.2012 , 01:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kualan View Post
It is a retcon, plain and simple. For the price of having the Endar Spire shot down rather than atomised, we get a nifty little quest full of nostalgic music and references that strengthens the link between TOR's story and KOTOR's. Fair trade I would say.
Hmmm Nicely put.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Darth-Malice
11.02.2012 , 02:11 AM | #15
Sloppy writting, plotholes, retcon. Its all over this game because it was rushed
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Alec_Fortescue
11.02.2012 , 02:45 AM | #16
Endar Spire was turned into space dust. Sith never wanted the ship to crash. Watch the cinematic.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Alavastre
11.02.2012 , 03:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
I don't think it actually is. When you look at the same ship on Balmorra, its the same size as whats on Taris, so to me, it looks the devs made the whole ship as part of the Tarisian landscape.

I agree with the original point made. The Endar Spire exploded, and explosions don't usually leave whole sections of ships in tact, not to mention re-entry and crashing through layers of the city above before reaching the bottom. Would kinda leave it a little damaged

Its a small thing and not something I would worry about. Just a small oversight.
That's not really true. Explosions and having it hot enough to disintegrate what is exploding are two different things. Try it yourself. Go blow something up. You'll find pieces all over the place. Basically, the large explosion is just the burning of combustible material. Usually, this isn't what makes things blow it, it's the force the explosion creates. That, and it's hard to burn metal.

So could there be a large explosion that looks really bad, but keeps the ship mostly intact? Sure why not. Also, I mean you're arguing realism here in a game that has people walking around with energy beams that can cut through anything in their hand. They can also wave their hand and knock people over.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

bibobpipop
11.02.2012 , 03:58 AM | #18
Endar Spire is a Hammerhead-class cruiser with a length of 315 meters.

This pic suggestes the escape-pod was already under way for a while when the Spire exploded ( http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...pepodkotor.JPG ) as the explosion is rather small compared tto the size of the pod, so it could be possible that the bigger parts remaining of the ship are just not visible right there and then.

smexymage
11.02.2012 , 04:10 AM | #19
I agree with OP, I was confused when I saw it in game but I am glad they put it there. To me the ship was just dust but it could be argued against, one of the arguments being the brightness of the explosion, smoke etc could have obscured the main section of the ship.

There are a few inconsistencies in this game, another is..

Spoiler
. Never Forget

ConnekAnchi
11.02.2012 , 04:16 AM | #20
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Endar_Spire

"...Revan, Ulgo, and Onasi engaged the Sith and made their way to the ship's main bridge in search of Shan, who had already escaped. Shortly thereafter, Revan and Onasi got in an escape pod and fled as well, with Ulgo sacrificing himself so that Revan and Onasi would survive. Realizing that Shan was no longer aboard the ship, the Sith fleet opened fire on the Endar Spire, completely destroying it."