Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do you play your class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
Why do you play your class?

Henu
11.01.2012 , 09:00 PM | #1
This is a question ive always want to ask people, why do you play your class?
Is it coz FoTM?
is it OP?
Easy to play?
you just enjoy it?

ETC ETC. ill go first.

I play my merc because i love the challenge, i know they are not as good as other classes but i enjoy the style of play.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

BennyKrak
11.01.2012 , 09:05 PM | #2
I've always enjoyed playing the DPS scoundrel more than any other class because;
1) It is the easiest class for me (by FAR) to get accustomed to and/or learn rotations and know when to pop certain cooldowns, etc.

2) It has great burst DPS (though not as good as some other classes - we've been nerfed previously and our DPS output is probably not as high as other classes anymore

3) It has really good utility for lots of different things in multiple different warzones.

Scoundrel/Operative DPS hasn't been FOTM for a long time, and probably won't ever be again, but it is extremely fun in comparison to all the other classes I've played.

Lastly, I have enormous respect for Kript and Chasity for making the most hated PvP advanced class work for them when noone else seems to be able to pull off DPS Commando/Mercenary (at least on our server).
Krackers || Kozlovsky
The Krackers Legacy
Samurai Pizza Cats | Just Relax | Your Companion

-Holmes
11.01.2012 , 10:17 PM | #3
Vanguard was the first toon I rolled when I started playing ToR. I guess it stuck to me, because I find it really easy to play it.

Then I guess it would be shadow/assassin, for the fun of it.
Rollin'dirty - Ridin'dirty
The Omgwtfbbqhax Legacy

aVmuse
11.01.2012 , 10:23 PM | #4
Definitely fotm's, that being said I'm covered for all new fotm's as well.

Scathe
11.01.2012 , 10:24 PM | #5
I play my Marauder mostly due to pre-meditated thought. When the classes were first announced, I already knew I was going to be a Sith Warrior. Then they announced the advanced classes, and I picked Marauder because I loved the idea of "BRAWRMELEEDAMAGEBRAWR".

Well, that and because I used to RP a character that was very similar to a Marauder class and thought "Hey, I can finally be what I always wanted!"
I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death, I am balanced through the Force.

Spinikar
11.01.2012 , 11:01 PM | #6
Sith Sorc becuase LIGHTING is AWESOME!!!!

............but my guild needed a healer *sigh*
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Didy_Kush
11.02.2012 , 12:00 AM | #7
Played it since launch

BattleGracefully
11.02.2012 , 02:17 AM | #8
I play guardian, love the stance danceing i can do and when the stars like up and i get to use a dispatch then a saber throw i get a little tear in my eye because it's so mad throwing a lightsaber around.

side note i was a guardian before they got the Hulk Smash/ lolSweep buff ( which is now a fotm and is still crap )
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

Tiberians
11.02.2012 , 08:02 PM | #9
Hi,

Has been a fair while since I logged in and done of anything, on any of my toons. Anyways to make a long story short, the last couple days I have actually been on for longer than 5 mins, running round on an Alt.

BH Merc (Healer) I played this class since launch. Loved the challenge, of running as a PvP healer on me Merc, and I enjoyed playing this class. Also was me main

Shadow- I loved playing this class simply cause of the Stealth, and Mess abilities. I found this class to be one I could easily solo with. Previos games I ahve played I have enjoyed classes with stealth abilities. Definatly liked being able to run round Stealthed.

Logged off an hour back, thinking to myself....gawd I hate certain aspects of this game. why did I sub again? prft who knows. Will stay subbed for the short term to see what new shiny stuff gets brough to this game

Mosh_Mosh_Mosh
11.03.2012 , 10:38 PM | #10
Get too bored will all the classes I play so I switch a lot but I'll give details about the classes!

Operative/Scoundrel - Assist DPS. Not good when you don't have anyone good to do this assist part with

Juggernaut/Guardian - By far my favorite class. Best class for wzs imo because you get a 4 second immunity to CC on charge, taunts and a friendly charge that counts as a taunt, aoe slows and with amazing amount of consistent DPS. Only seen Aznpower, Sion along with myself, run this spec amazingly as a DPS.

Sentinel/Marauder- I was trying to think why the heck I was even playing this class when I remembered a forum stating that no one would be able to beat me 1v1 and yeah sadly that was the only reason I made it. Fun and joy is over though. Still haven't been beaten 1v1 by any sents/rauders on it since its got out of recruit and now that I proved my point I have no use for it. I can do everything with this class that I could do on my guardian/jug. Only thing a sentinel has on a jug/guard is support abilities which imo doesn't compare to the taunting/control/protection abilities of a guardian/jug.

Gs/Sniper- Awesome burst ability. If played well can be very mobile. Only thing is 99% of them dont play mobile. So far the only one Ive seen do this well is Varlan. Amazing slinger and will be scary as hell when fully geared.

Sorce/Sage - Loved playing madness on this thing. If dmg was bolstered a little more on top of less force usage needed in this spec, I wouldn't mind going back to it. Lightning spec required you to stand still too much.

Powertech - By god! By far my favorite pre-50 toon I've ever played. just rofl all over pre-50s and I might just make a vanguard to have the luls again. Gave it up due to being a glass/cannon and not having enough abilities too hit. I'm too ADD not to have 500 skills i can roll my fingers over.