Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

zorprimus
11.25.2012 , 11:06 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Greetings everyone,

This is still being investigated, please keep following the format provided in the first post, as this will assist us with the investigation.

Thank you!
So any update on this?
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

PunkyBrewski
11.25.2012 , 03:28 PM | #162
1. The Shadowlands
2 P'bee, P'cee; P'dee
3. often enough to be annoying (lol)..
4. Useful info:
4a) I play in windowed mode, max graphics settings... game plays nicely and have good fps etc .... If i play in full screen mode my PC and/or game locks up when
a) i quit game or
b) after using the "windows" button to tab out and do anything (if the game locks up and have to be closed via task manager 'end process' and that takes like 5 minutes)
WIndowed mode fixes those issues nicely.

4b) Usually during any type of loading.. loading a story for a quest; boarding/deboarding a ship; quick travel; exiting warzone; exiting flashpoint; etc.

4c) It locks up goes "Not responding", then windows pop up.
~ "swtor has stopped working"
check for solution online and force close
or force close...

5. DxDiag report
Spoiler

6. Reliability Reports:
gives no information other than the following:

Spoiler

7. crashes to desktop:
locks up goes "Not responding", then windows pop up.
"swtor has stopped working"
check for solution online and force close
or force close

Darth_Reptile
11.25.2012 , 04:05 PM | #163
1. The Red Eclipse
2. Morbyus; Komodai; Thevos
3. Happens every day since 1.5 patch and seems to be random. This happens like 4/5 times a day.
4. Useful info:
4a) I play in full screen mode, medium graphics settings... game plays nicely and have good fps etc ....
It could happen when i am joining a party, when i am just running, when i am standing still, when i use some action of any kind... it is a surprise and you never know when it is going to happen next. But it is most common during any type of loading.. loading a story for a quest; boarding/de-boarding a ship; quick travel; exiting warzone; entering flashpoint; etc.
From here it can happen one of two things:
1- Game just crash to desktop without no message or whatever reason.
2- Game just crash to desktop and windows pop-up "Swtor stop Working"

5. DxDiag report
Spoiler

6. Reliability Reports:
gives no information other than the following:

Spoiler

zorprimus
11.25.2012 , 04:48 PM | #164
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected.: Ichimaru, Narmu, Aiizen, Visk, Riber
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Once every 2 to 3 hours.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Anything at this point triggers, lost track of examples. Lets go with all of the above.
DXDiag:

Spoiler
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

Anfall
11.25.2012 , 05:38 PM | #165
1.Name of server:

Shadowlands

2.Name of character(s) affected.

All played, mostly Aaro and Aarow

3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?

Varies, Sometimes I can play a few WZs, other times I crash every 15 minutes. Be it while playing WZs, chilling on the fleet, or even questing on Dromand Kas.

4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.

Seems to happen randomly, I watched my memory in performance diagnostics and it was not really increasing when I crashed.

5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags•For Windows 7 / Vista:

Sorry don't know how, the only one I got it to print was huge :P

7.Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

It is a crash to desktop. I had this issue a while back but it seems like it was fixed in a patch. I just recently resubbed to the game and unfortunately and am running back into this. I'm willing to give you guys a little time to fix this but I have to be honest it is ruining my gameplay. I can't even begin to attempt ranked warzones and even doing normal warzones is frustrating. Hell I was trying to level an alt and it became unplayable with the game just randomly closing to desktop every 10 minutes or so. Please help!

Zolnor
11.25.2012 , 07:06 PM | #166
1. Shadowlands
2. All (but mostly working with Zal'dragus right now)
3. Started out as once in a while (less than once a week). Has slow progressed to the point where I can't get passed the character screen. Sometimes it just kicks me out, often it is a full reboot of my computer (it reboots it without my direction). I have over 20 forced restarts today. I have the latest version of my video drivers and directX.
4. It is just happening on my desktop computer (which is much more powerul than my laptop).
5. DirectX Diag
Spoiler

6.Reliability Report
Spoiler

7. It is definitely a crash to desktop, or complete pc reboot. I often get a "tearing effect" in my graphics on the character screen which is indicator that it is going to happen. While I can play on my laptop, the experience is less than desirable. I love the game (especially the perks of being a full subscriber), but the constant graphics / playability issues are starting to wear down the enjoyment. Instead of getting 4-5 hours of play time this weekend, I got 1 hour of somewhat laggy time and 4 hours of surfing the the forums for answers.
Regards,
Zan'darr

eightballusa
11.25.2012 , 09:34 PM | #167
Also Have been having these Crash to Desktop issues for around what it would seem 5 months now. Have just been ignoring them and logging back in. Well over the past few weeks since the new patch I am having CTD and Crash to Log in screen. the crash to log in screen has been the killer as tonight it was coupled with actually Rolling my character back. Loss of all the warzones I managed to complete, Loss of all of the EXP that I had agained total of 1 hour 30 min of game time just vanished into thin air. This is Unacceptible for a paying customer.

These are crashes to desktop and crashes to character select screen.

Also when shutting Quiting the game the game crashes and has to be force closed or either waited on for an obscene amount of time before it finally shuts down to desktop.

I do not even want to bother to take the time to put all this info in as I see 14 pages of data before me dating back to ancient history. But Here it is Anyway.

System Information
------------------
Spoiler

11.25.2012 Crash
Spoiler

11.24.2012 crash
Spoiler

These types of crashes have been happening back as far as 9.29.2012 but look a bit different to me so here is the first one that I could find that seemed to me, may be related.

Spoiler

I really hope that this is being looked into extensively as I have ignored the problem for a long time now and now that it has got on my nerves I am here browsing for a solution only to find that there are a sick number of people also waiting for the fix.

Hephaetus
11.26.2012 , 11:05 AM | #168
3months waiting and counting.......

stevewhiterod
11.26.2012 , 11:24 AM | #169
Okay so i uninstalled and then reloaded the game and still crasing to desktop.Its funny since this did not happen before i took my 6 month break away from this game.But im not sure if its my new PC or the patches since i last played. Any chance of an update from Bioware? Perhaps with a rough deadline for fix. I dont really fancy paying £24
Subs for a game that crashes every hour or so.

monkeydud
11.26.2012 , 02:46 PM | #170
crashing to desktop

1. Red Eclipse
2. Lucylastic, Psiax, Psyclaspe
3. crashing roughly twice and hour
4.Mostly on loading screens (changing instances is the worst followed by long loads eg :Corellia/Hoth)
Spoiler

6. I dont seem to have an exe report.. there is a document when i search but copying it is making the post way too long.