Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Disney owns Marvel comic and Now LucasFilms!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Disney owns Marvel comic and Now LucasFilms!

VarrusTheEthical's Avatar


VarrusTheEthical
11.01.2012 , 02:14 PM | #21
I wonder if Disney will still let Darkhorse publish the Star Wars comics, or if they'll have Marvel do it now.
The Starshield Legacy

Volk- Commando, Dahl- Jedi Guardian, Palantine- Sith Juggernaut.

x_sage_x's Avatar


x_sage_x
11.01.2012 , 02:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by epicfear View Post
How is disney owning lucasarts at all bad?
Because Disney is going to milk the @#$% out of the SW franchise and ruin it for good. Lucas had it at a legendary stand point, but the guy decided for greed. Lucas cashed out, and sold it.

Disney makes beauty and the beast, not Star Wars. An episode 7 will instantly kill the franchise and ruin the legacy.
x7Sage7x

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.01.2012 , 03:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by x_sage_x View Post
Because Disney is going to milk the @#$% out of the SW franchise and ruin it for good. Lucas had it at a legendary stand point, but the guy decided for greed. Lucas cashed out, and sold it.

Disney makes beauty and the beast, not Star Wars. An episode 7 will instantly kill the franchise and ruin the legacy.
I disagree. I think Disney will do fine with Star Wars as long as they don't wreck too much of our EU and as long as they don't attempt to remake the old films.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.01.2012 , 03:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by x_sage_x View Post
Because Disney is going to milk the @#$% out of the SW franchise and ruin it for good. Lucas had it at a legendary stand point, but the guy decided for greed. Lucas cashed out, and sold it.

Disney makes beauty and the beast, not Star Wars. An episode 7 will instantly kill the franchise and ruin the legacy.
wait are you honestly trying to say Lucas didn't milk the crap out of it?? Have you seen the Prequels and all the merchendise with it? for gods sake he made this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtatVM0jGzA

and now this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRNXFhboBI


You are incredbily misguided if you think Disney only does Beauty and the Best I guess you have never seen Pirates of the Carribean or The Avengers.

You should also head over to Disneyworld or Disneyland and go ride Star Tours.

Disney knows what they are doing.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.01.2012 , 03:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I disagree. I think Disney will do fine with Star Wars as long as they don't wreck too much of our EU and as long as they don't attempt to remake the old films.
Unfortunately he may be right. The EU is going to be scrapped and Star Wars will be transformed into a perversion of what it is now.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
11.01.2012 , 03:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That sucks. I seriously hope 1313 comes out and is good. TFU series was okay, but I'm hoping 1313 can revive Star Wars gaming. If 1313 is successful, maybe Disney will reconsider their approach to Star Wars gaming. I hope so.
Battlefront 3 struggled form the very begining and production went bankrupt many times before the Pandemic drop, overall I'll tell you what BF3 was: The PSP stories with elements of BF1 and II. That's literally it.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.01.2012 , 03:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Battlefront 3 struggled form the very begining and production went bankrupt many times before the Pandemic drop, overall I'll tell you what BF3 was: The PSP stories with elements of BF1 and II. That's literally it.
That's a real shame. Battlefront 3 could have been a really good game if they handled it right.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.01.2012 , 03:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Unfortunately he may be right. The EU is going to be scrapped and Star Wars will be transformed into a perversion of what it is now.
nah it will just be relaunched. At least the Post ROTJ stuff will be. Which to be fair it's already messed up due to the prequels and the Clone Wars.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.01.2012 , 03:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
nah it will just be relaunched. At least the Post ROTJ stuff will be. Which to be fair it's already messed up due to the prequels and the Clone Wars.
I'll admit that the EU has its own share of problems, but I don't like the idea of what is established being scrapped. We just have to wait and see what the canon rules are going to be, I guess.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.01.2012 , 04:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Unfortunately he may be right. The EU is going to be scrapped and Star Wars will be transformed into a perversion of what it is now.
You really think so? That Sucks.

I just can't see the good in wiping all our EU. Sure I can see a few changes as necessary on their part, but for the love of God why is it necessary to wipe ALL or anywhere near all our EU? This is a legitament question. Someone please answer me! What does Disney have to gain from killing EVERYTHING? Also, HOW could they kill everything? Are they just gonna say "We're killing all EU? 'Cause there's no way they could make enough they content to wreck ALL of Eu. I'm so baffled right now.