Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Release Of 'Star Wars: Episode 7' For 2015

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Release Of 'Star Wars: Episode 7' For 2015

TalonVII
10.30.2012 , 04:19 PM | #21
Well like i've said in a few other threads.

1. Timothy Zahn is already being contacted by Disney/Lucas Arts.

2. To keep the movies coming every 2-3 years and do it BEYOND 7-9 like disney wants to do, can't do it live action, i mean look how hard it was to keep Harry Potter going or James Bond. Sounds to me, they are going to go the CGI road, that way all you need is voice actors and don't have to worry about keeping live action actors and it makes it easier to follow along with the books if they go the EU route.

3. I hope with this as well they do some other spin offs for series like the X-wing books like they've done for the Clone Wars series.

To me, there is so much more they can do with disney taking the reigns. And I HOPE they go the CGI route. Make it easier and all you have to do is worry about voice actors rather than real life, plus with CGI it's easier to have our ICONS of star wars and not worry about age and what not.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

blakmojo
10.30.2012 , 04:20 PM | #22
Also:

"Disney CEO Bob Iger said Lucusfilm had already developed an extensive story line on the next trilogy, and Episode 7 was now in early-stage development."

Source: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ent&id=8866951

So it's already storylines that Lucas has been writing down.
Remember kids, the first rule of SW:TOR social interaction:

"Male until proven female."

blakmojo
10.30.2012 , 04:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Well like i've said in a few other threads.

2. To keep the movies coming every 2-3 years and do it BEYOND 7-9 like disney wants to do, can't do it live action, i mean look how hard it was to keep Harry Potter going or James Bond. Sounds to me, they are going to go the CGI road, that way all you need is voice actors and don't have to worry about keeping live action actors and it makes it easier to follow along with the books if they go the EU route.
Tron: Legacy was live action/CGI, but Jeff Bridges had a digital makeover to look like his younger self. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that they make the original actors come back the same way. Improbable, but possible.

They'll never get Harrison Ford to do it tho.
Remember kids, the first rule of SW:TOR social interaction:

"Male until proven female."

LarenDahe
10.30.2012 , 04:25 PM | #24
All I can say, is the original cast is still alive and you've got to have them in somewhere, surely...

Actually kind of excited for the movie side of things. George Lucas has been selling the original Trilogy every few years now with minor changes that annoy. Brand new movies can't be any worse, especially from a company that won't take for granted our loyalty out of the gate.

At the beginning, Disney has something to prove so I'm sure they'll spare no expense with the first movies they make. They'll be more apt to do the necessary fan service that's required with movies following the original trilogy, and they MIGHT give some nods to the EU but in the end ... the movies are going to come before those books because they have to.

Don't build up ideas in yourself that somehow they'll go with what the books did, there are some good ideas in those I'm sure, but let's not rob ourselves of something new. Try to keep your expectations low and you'll be happy, generally things don't suck on their own... they suck because we've built them up too much to a level they could never reach. On the other hand, Jar Jar sucked.
Don't Panic!!

Runswithblaster
10.30.2012 , 04:28 PM | #25
I really liked all the movies including Episodes I, II, and III. But after all the crap Lucas has taken from those and the new Indiana Jones movie, I think it was wise for him to sell the brands and just become a consultant. The new passion/ vision/ etc.. will be awesome. I am really excited to see where this will all go. Maybe even do some movies off the Old Republic.

Lurtzello
10.30.2012 , 04:33 PM | #26
This makes me feel sad for Lucas, giving away all his life's work. It must have been one of the most important decisions of his life.
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

Runswithblaster
10.30.2012 , 04:34 PM | #27
Side note: Jar Jar was one of my favorite characters and Episode I is the best of all six IMO. Why all the hate for Binks?

TalonVII
10.30.2012 , 04:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by blakmojo View Post
Tron: Legacy was live action/CGI, but Jeff Bridges had a digital makeover to look like his younger self. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that they make the original actors come back the same way. Improbable, but possible.

They'll never get Harrison Ford to do it tho.
nooo. I mean FULL CGI. Like Starship Troopers Invasion. FULL OUT. NO live action, total CGI. That way all you need is the permission to use their faces which i'm sure ol Harrison won't mind, neither will Carrie Fisher, or Mark, or Billy Dee.

And the gent who played palpatine, i'm sure he won't mind either, nor any of the other cast.

Simply makes it easy to do things.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

billyboyjennings
10.30.2012 , 04:35 PM | #29
This is....interesting.

Things have taken a turn for the surreal.
"In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting." - George Lucas, RotJ DVD Commentary, 2004
DEAL WITH IT, FANBOYS

SeeSpotRun
10.30.2012 , 04:41 PM | #30
It's been 29 years since the end of RotJ, it'll be ~33 when VII comes out, so I hope they just stick with the real life timeline and pick this story up where Luke is around 55 and the Obi-Wan character of the new trilogy like Lucas originally talked about. Then it doesn't need to eliminate any EU (that I know of), it can have Jaina and Ben as the new Jedi (I think... are they still alive?), and the story can continue all happy go lucky.

I'm half excited and half nervous, but I guess at least now there are new Star Wars movies... something that didn't seem likely before. With Lucas consulting, it has a real chance of having the Star Wars feel of the original trilogy.