Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Release Of 'Star Wars: Episode 7' For 2015

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Release Of 'Star Wars: Episode 7' For 2015

Uluain
10.30.2012 , 03:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
Not long ago. I asked a question if they're should another film. Does anyone remember it? I do. Everyone groaned that it would discredit the work that's been going on for the last six series. How unusual it is to find this information confirming that the Legacy of Star Wars will continue. Likely into the new generation.
I stayed out of that thread because I have been through enough of those in other venues. But on a personal level, once Episodes 1 - 3 were made, I have always been confident that the legendary 7 - 9 would happen some day.

And I am a fan since 1977, who doesn't think the prequels ruined the franchise (though I could have done without the new musical number at Jabba's Palace in the newer editions of RotJ). If Disney announces plans to revive the Holiday Special, I'd worry. A new film? I am all for it.

Smithie
10.30.2012 , 03:18 PM | #12
i want to see a link where they state it's episode 7 !!!

I know they announced a new movie but didn't see anywhere that it was going to be episode 7...

If disney have any sense they will move away from the skywalker timeline. Also afaik the EU after episode 6 isn't canon so disney doesn't have to use any of that material !!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

<Afterdark> -> Tomb of Freedon Nadd-EU
My youtube : http://www.youtube.com/SmithianKingdom

DragonAgeOrgins
10.30.2012 , 03:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
i want to see a link where they state it's episode 7 !!!

I know they announced a new movie but didn't see anywhere that it was going to be episode 7...

If disney have any sense they will move away from the skywalker timeline. Also afaik the EU after episode 6 isn't canon so disney doesn't have to use any of that material !!
Ask and you shall...well you get it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...=entertainment

_biddan_
10.30.2012 , 03:35 PM | #14
please kill me now
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

ZionHalcyon
10.30.2012 , 03:35 PM | #15
EU is crap.

I am OK with them rewriting over them - Lucas did with Episodes I-III.

Elear
10.30.2012 , 03:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wulox View Post
Oh god no. They better keep to the EU, or they are going to have a lot of unhappy fans, A LOT.
You think it matters what they do? No, it doesnt, either way some people will rage and cry. You can't win with idealized vision of 'fans'(or maybe 'fanatics' fits better).

amaresch
10.30.2012 , 03:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
Follow the Zahn books.
Too early for speculation? Nah, Scarlett Johansen = Mara Jade. I could dig that.

Lurtzello
10.30.2012 , 04:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
EU is crap.
I guess someone here doesn't play SWTOR because of the story, then.
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

blakmojo
10.30.2012 , 04:15 PM | #19
"Disney hopes to essentially relaunch the Star Wars film franchise, which had its last installment in 2005 with Revenge of the Sith. Following the three planned sequels, the company envisions releasing even more Star Wars movies at a rate of a new film every two to three years.

Future movies may not be sequels but movies that focus on fringe characters. Disney also believes there is potential for a television series."

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/30/tech...html?hpt=hp_t3

The seventh movie, with a working title of "Episode 7," is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The new trilogy will carry the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga. After that, Disney plans a new "Star Wars" movie every two or three years. Lucas will serve as creative consultant in the new movies.

Source: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ent&id=8866951

So yes, It's episodes 7-9 plus a new movie every few years, PLUS a possible TV series.

No mention of a Jar-Jar Xmas special as of yet.
Remember kids, the first rule of SW:TOR social interaction:

"Male until proven female."

Somajunkie
10.30.2012 , 04:15 PM | #20
The older actors are viable, especially with Jeff Bridges Tron-like CGI. They say Episode 7 - I assume they mean to continue the story as we know it.