Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Needing Items while grouped

thatPERSON
11.03.2012 , 04:03 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
I'd really like to know why its SUCH a big deal for me to need a few items while I'm grouped up? Seriously, if I need 1 item a whole flashpoint SOMEONE is whining. Last night on my Sith Warrior we ran Athiss, after the final boss he dropped a orange modifiable pistol. I have two companions who could use that, so I needed it.

It was SUCH a big deal, and I didn't even win the roll. I didn't care, I can go back and do it again. But seriously, if I need it why should I have to explain myself to 3 or 4 other people just because they needed/greeded it also? They interrogated me like a DEA officer would a drug mule People need to get over it I think.
the only companion that you have that uses aim is a companion you get way down the line. there isnt even a pistol that drops imp side that has cunning on it.... so you were needing something obsolete for your companion anyways. you are out of line. you always ask to need something outside of YOUR gear.

DarthRamette
11.03.2012 , 06:07 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordIceman View Post
Can you please list your character names and server so I can go ahead and ignore you. Anyone with that attitude get's immediately kicked from any group I'm in and put on ignore.
Yea me too, I don't want to group with some like you...not you Darkloardiceman lol I can also tell my guild your name so they dont end up with you either.

DarthObelisk
11.03.2012 , 06:19 PM | #73
This has probably already been said a thousand times already but here goes again just for those people that cant seem to understand it

You NEED for Yourself ! NOT your Companions or an Alt of yours !
You Greed for your Companions and Alts NOT NEED
why is this so hard for people to understand
Jedi Sentinel 65 Jedi Consular 70 Jedi Shadow 70
Gunslinger 65 Commando 50

Imperial Agent 65 Sith Assassin 70 Sith Sorcerer 70
Sith Warrior 65
Mercenary 65

DarthRamette
11.03.2012 , 06:33 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthObelisk View Post
This has probably already been said a thousand times already but here goes again just for those people that cant seem to understand it

You NEED for Yourself ! NOT your Companions or an Alt of yours !
You Greed for your Companions and Alts NOT NEED
why is this so hard for people to understand
Because the OP is a greedy jerk who doesnt care as long as he gets what he wants.

TheNahash
11.03.2012 , 07:15 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by thatPERSON View Post
the only companion that you have that uses aim is a companion you get way down the line. there isnt even a pistol that drops imp side that has cunning on it.... so you were needing something obsolete for your companion anyways. you are out of line. you always ask to need something outside of YOUR gear.
/thread

The OP is obviously needing out of habit or bad manners.
As if it's not bad enough that he needs on loot that he doesn't actually need for himself, he is also needing things that not even his companions can use. That's not "I have the right to roll on all loot", that's "I don't give a f*(&( about other people, I just care about myself".

But I needed it for my companion, therefore I needed it. I don't run through the whole game with 1 guy I found in group finder, I can't worry about him and if what I do is considered rude or breaking an unwritten rule. Because if it was a big deal, it wouldn't be unwritten. I'm playing to win, so I reckon if that means stepping on a few people's toes so be it. I'm gonna try and make me and my team the best possible.
FYI, OP, that "1 guy you found in group finder" that you can't worry about is someone who could've done OPS with you when you hit 50. You think he would ever again do anything with you? Nope. Do that to a large enough number of people and your Group Finder queues are going to get muuuuuch longer. And then, of course, it will be Bioware's fault - as it always is.

You are "playing to win" with what? Loot you can't even equip? Loot that not even your companions - who will eventually get better gear simply by doing quests - can use?
pfft...

If you want to get everything for yourself go play single player games. Skyrim is really good and no one will qq if you get everything to "make you and your team the best possible"

And since you are so proud of what you did, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem telling us your character's name and Server. Just as you have the right to need on everything, we have the right to ignore you. Less QQ for all of us

Slurmez
11.03.2012 , 07:20 PM | #76
I'd really like to know why its SUCH a big deal for me to need a few items while I'm grouped up? Seriously, if I need 1 item a whole flashpoint SOMEONE is whining. Last night on my Sith Warrior we ran Athiss, after the final boss he dropped a orange modifiable pistol. I have two companions who could use that, so I needed it.

It was SUCH a big deal, and I didn't even win the roll. I didn't care, I can go back and do it again. But seriously, if I need it why should I have to explain myself to 3 or 4 other people just because they needed/greeded it also? They interrogated me like a DEA officer would a drug mule People need to get over it I think.
Post your character names so people can add you to ignore so as to avoid grouping, its only polite.

TheNahash
11.03.2012 , 07:26 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Post your character names so people can add you to ignore so as to avoid grouping, its only polite.
Yeah, because he's all about being polite

Uber_the_Goober
11.03.2012 , 07:40 PM | #78
What server are you on? And what is your character's name?

So I know who to ignore.

oleost
11.03.2012 , 07:56 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Because that's just it. The player character NEEDS the pistol because his class can use it and it is an upgrade. You as a Warrior do not NEED it, you WANT it for your companion. Thus you GREED it.

Why should your companion be a priority over a real player that's actually doing work in the group?
1+

Whats your player name in SWTOR so i can /ignore you Cross_Fade?

Edit, Hmm, I think hes main character is Crossfade , A jedi sentinel. (Not that, that came as a shock.)

anthemambient
11.04.2012 , 10:06 PM | #80
I had a PUG guy I grouped with for a couple of heroics. We ran HM later on, and he as a tank Need on gears not for his class. I whispered him the expected rules and he said he needed it for his companions. He didn't do that for the remaining of the HM.

It's just a game as OP had said earlier. I don't cry in a corner or enter Hulk stage. To be honest, I tire of telling PUGs what's expected if they are all new to rolling or new to a specific HM since most times I usually take lead even as a Sage healer [PUG or pre-group, latter mostly]. I am worn out typing in HMs that I now do not care if someone Need on everything.

I will have a LOL time when F2P debuts.
Romans 12:21 .. exception to this is my Sage.