Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Needing Items while grouped


MelodicSixNine's Avatar


MelodicSixNine
10.29.2012 , 10:25 AM | #21
I think someone made that suggestion in the past, but I think "Need for the companion" button roll would be sweet, which is higher then greed, but lower then need.

OP don't do that again. It's considered rude and ninja like behavior. Always ask if everyone is cool if you 'need' it for companion. I know would be cool with that, but someone may be not.

Cross_Fade's Avatar


Cross_Fade
10.29.2012 , 10:26 AM | #22
I run as a member of the team, if I'm with friends then yeah I'll let them take what they need.

But as far as group finder is concerned, I'll defiantly pick myself over some random. If this was RL I'm sure most people would rather take something they need, or have a use for, then to let someone completely random have it. If not, oh well that's you loss. But I'm not about to let myself lose out on something I can use.

I'd prefer not to post my names, because I'm not a selfish player. But if I even run into some people who call me that I could really show them how selfish I can be

Sweetiepies's Avatar


Sweetiepies
10.29.2012 , 10:28 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aedey View Post
You have the right to, but that doesn't mean you should. At the very least make sure no-one else in the group wants it for main spec.
Dude, you are preaching to the converted. Is it right? F no, but it unfortunately it is not against the rules. I would much rather have a button on the loot roll that is "Companion" so if no one needs it / can equip it, it'll roll for your companion.

Cross_Fade's Avatar


Cross_Fade
10.29.2012 , 10:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
I think someone made that suggestion in the past, but I think "Need for the companion" button roll would be sweet, which is higher then greed, but lower then need.

OP don't do that again. It's considered rude and ninja like behavior. Always ask if everyone is cool if you 'need' it for companion. I know would be cool with that, but someone may be not.
Thanks for not being rude about it. They do need a "Need for Companion" roll button. But until then, if I can use it, I gotta go for it. Now that being said, if I won the roll and one of the group members was to ask me if they could have it or trade for it, I'd probably be more then up for it. Depending on their attitude about it. I'm not a selfish guy, but nobody else on this game is going to just give you items, so you gotta take what you can

Aedey's Avatar


Aedey
10.29.2012 , 10:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
I run as a member of the team, if I'm with friends then yeah I'll let them take what they need.

But as far as group finder is concerned, I'll defiantly pick myself over some random. If this was RL I'm sure most people would rather take something they need, or have a use for, then to let someone completely random have it. If not, oh well that's you loss. But I'm not about to let myself lose out on something I can use.

I'd prefer not to post my names, because I'm not a selfish player. But if I even run into some people who call me that I could really show them how selfish I can be
Ok..

Look at it this way:
What would you do if there was someone in a PuG, Sorcerer heal spec needed on a bit of BH tank gear for their companion. A bit that you NEED. You'd be upset yeh? SO STOP NEEDING ON STUFF ****YOU**** NOT A COMPANION doesn't need. The companion need system will never come. It's not in high enough demand.
You greed like everyone else then after the first roll say "Wana roll again for companion spec?" Then you /roll. Simple & it doesn't piss anyone off. If they don't want to then go QQ in the corner. Need is for main spec, not companion / off spec.
Aedè Nebüll - Sage - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

Cross_Fade's Avatar


Cross_Fade
10.29.2012 , 10:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aedey View Post
Ok..

Look at it this way:
What would you do if there was someone in a PuG, Sorcerer heal spec needed on a bit of BH tank gear for their companion. A bit that you NEED. You'd be upset yeh? SO STOP NEEDING ON STUFF ****YOU**** NOT A COMPANION doesn't need.
Uh dude, I miss out on over HALF of the things I could use, because someone like a trooper needs a lightsaber, or jedi knight/sith warrior ONLY gear.
I don't complain about it, I move on, try to grab the next one. Do I think it's rude? No. Its part of the game, I'm sure he could use it somewhere so I'll let him. I'll run through it next time and try for it again.

Ok since you edited your post, I'll edit mine. I'm not going to cry in a corner over a game for one, and two, people like you are the exact reason why I will need any item that I can use.

Sweetiepies's Avatar


Sweetiepies
10.29.2012 , 10:34 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
I run as a member of the team, if I'm with friends then yeah I'll let them take what they need.

But as far as group finder is concerned, I'll defiantly pick myself over some random. If this was RL I'm sure most people would rather take something they need, or have a use for, then to let someone completely random have it. If not, oh well that's you loss. But I'm not about to let myself lose out on something I can use.

I'd prefer not to post my names, because I'm not a selfish player. But if I even run into some people who call me that I could really show them how selfish I can be
Wow, while I defend your point on a very basic principle, you are basically at the root of what is wrong with humanity, even if it is a small representation of you in a pretend game. I truly hope you are a troll, and just love the attention. I'd be sad for you if this is your basic outlook on life

Aedey's Avatar


Aedey
10.29.2012 , 10:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
Uh dude, I miss out on over HALF of the things I could use, because someone like a trooper needs a lightsaber, or jedi knight/sith warrior ONLY gear.
I don't complain about it, I move on, try to grab the next one. Do I think it's rude? No. Its part of the game, I'm sure he could use it somewhere so I'll let him. I'll run through it next time and try for it again.
If you're now saying that then why not just do that in the first place. Just run it again with people that are for sure cool with you doing it. Just never need on stuff you don't personally need in a PuG FP. Companions DO NOT count in your personal needs. Yes you can do it but it's soo douche it's pointless to try.

Trust me when you hit endgame you will hate need whores as much as every other person. You don't see our perspective because it's all new for you. & if you are a vet then why the hell need for companion gear anyway.. just run it with a 50 mate & gear the comp that way.

Edit for the edit: Why people like me? People who have been through all the need whoring & standing up for the little guy who just wants to run the FP legit? What the hell kind of attitude is that in the first place? What the frak are you doing on a MP game if you're gona be a selfish *****?
Aedè Nebüll - Sage - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
10.29.2012 , 10:37 AM | #29
The way I look at it is this. You have the right to need whatever you think you can use. But, the other players also have the right to get upset with you if you need something for your companions that their PC also needed. Especially when social etiquette in games like this normally call for passing on items someone else needs for their PC/Main spec.

So, need away. But don't dare get upset that they're upset. If you're going to go against social etiquette, fine. But don't also act like you were a victim.

wakafonas's Avatar


wakafonas
10.29.2012 , 10:37 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
I'd really like to know why its SUCH a big deal?
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
I'm playing to win, so I reckon if that means stepping on a few people's toes so be it. I'm gonna try and make me and my team the best possible.
you anwsered your question. that's something called common courtesy. if you want to play like that it's fine, but prepare to get flamed/kicked from group alot if you're planning on doing it in end-game content.
Red Eclipse -> Nox Aeterna -> Join us!