Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Needing Items while grouped


Aedey's Avatar


Aedey
10.29.2012 , 10:12 AM | #11
Yeah...
The system goes like this: If YOU (NOT A COMPANION) needs an item, need.
If your companion needs an item.. GREED. It's not that hard to work out. Seriously. If you want it for a companion level a bit & solo it. Don't take other peoples loot.

This is why I fear F2P.. more people who can't work simple things out. Ok.. that is how it has always worked. Your companion counts for NOTHING. Sorry.
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

TheRealCandyMan's Avatar


TheRealCandyMan
10.29.2012 , 10:15 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
But I needed it for my companion, therefore I needed it. I don't run through the whole game with 1 guy I found in group finder, I can't worry about him and if what I do is considered rude or breaking an unwritten rule. Because if it was a big deal, it wouldn't be unwritten. I'm playing to win, so I reckon if that means stepping on a few people's toes so be it. I'm gonna try and make me and my team the best possible.
If that's your attitude then why did you even create this thread?

Aedey's Avatar


Aedey
10.29.2012 , 10:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
If that's your attitude then why did you even create this thread?
Exactly. This game is sort of about working together. If you're leveling with these people then you'll be doing endgame HM FPs with em. They'll remember & leave the group.

******es get a bad rep on these games. I ignore any fool who needs for companions. It isn't how it's done so stop doing it.
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

Sweetiepies's Avatar


Sweetiepies
10.29.2012 , 10:17 AM | #14
Ugh. I am about to make a point that I wish wasn't true.

I don't condone this behavior, and I do not practice it. I only roll on these kinds of items if no one else needs them for their PC.

BUT there are NO loot roll rules. If you can NEED on an item, you have every right to. You helped kill the boss, you have the right to roll on whatever it drops. Is it a Richard move? Absolutely. SO much of my Marauder armor/lightsaber rolls have gone to peoples various Asharas. But, until/if Bio ever puts that restriction in, just gotta deal.

HoloTweed's Avatar


HoloTweed
10.29.2012 , 10:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
But I needed it for my companion, therefore I needed it. I don't run through the whole game with 1 guy I found in group finder, I can't worry about him and if what I do is considered rude or breaking an unwritten rule. Because if it was a big deal, it wouldn't be unwritten. I'm playing to win, so I reckon if that means stepping on a few people's toes so be it. I'm gonna try and make me and my team the best possible.
YOU didn't need it. You WANTED it for your companion, but the needs of the other players MUST come first or you will likely be (rightly so!) considered a selfish player who no one wants to group with. Try that a few more times and then wonder why you can't find 3 players to do a flashpoint with you.

That you don't even understand how wrong you were makes it worse.

If you have a companion that can use a piece of dropped loot, politely ASK if you can have it for your companion. If someone else in the group doesn't desperately need the piece for themselves, you will generally get the group OK. But you should ASK. This isn't YOUR group to take everything you want.

The selfishness of some people amazes me. You are not entitled to that gear.

Cross_Fade's Avatar


Cross_Fade
10.29.2012 , 10:17 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aedey View Post
Yeah...
The system goes like this: If YOU (NOT A COMPANION) needs an item, need.
If your companion needs an item.. GREED. It's not that hard to work out. Seriously. If you want it for a companion level a bit & solo it. Don't take other peoples loot.

This is why I fear F2P.. more people who can't work simple things out. Ok.. that is how it has always worked. Your companion counts for NOTHING. Sorry.
Thats your opinion, and I'll respect that. But I don't run group finder on my class missions therefore my companions do mean something because if they're not geared then it gets harder.

I appreciate all the insight on this, it helped me see why some people think its rude. But as far as the unspoken rule goes I'm not to concerned about it. If me or one of my companions can use it, and its better then what is equipped already then I'm going to need it. The option is there for that reason. Again thanks, I'll stick to my play style and y'all stick to your's.


No I'm not entitled to it, there's a roll for that exact reason. If I NEED it for my companion I'mma select NEED. It might be selfish to some but I gotta gear with better stuff somehow. The only time I ran into this problem was on group finder. So, I reckon I will be a selfish player. You can't make nice with everyone, or you won't get anywhere.

HoloTweed's Avatar


HoloTweed
10.29.2012 , 10:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
Thats your opinion, and I'll respect that. But I don't run group finder on my class missions therefore my companions do mean something because if they're not geared then it gets harder.

I appreciate all the insight on this, it helped me see why some people think its rude. But as far as the unspoken rule goes I'm not to concerned about it. If me or one of my companions can use it, and its better then what is equipped already then I'm going to need it. The option is there for that reason. Again thanks, I'll stick to my play style and y'all stick to your's.
Wow. So entitled. Please post your character names so we all know not to group with someone as selfish as you.

Aedey's Avatar


Aedey
10.29.2012 , 10:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
Ugh. I am about to make a point that I wish wasn't true.

I don't condone this behavior, and I do not practice it. I only roll on these kinds of items if no one else needs them for their PC.

BUT there are NO loot roll rules. If you can NEED on an item, you have every right to. You helped kill the boss, you have the right to roll on whatever it drops. Is it a Richard move? Absolutely. SO much of my Marauder armor/lightsaber rolls have gone to peoples various Asharas. But, until/if Bio ever puts that restriction in, just gotta deal.
You have the right to, but that doesn't mean you should. At the very least make sure no-one else in the group wants it for main spec.
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

Aedey's Avatar


Aedey
10.29.2012 , 10:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
Thats your opinion, and I'll respect that. But I don't run group finder on my class missions therefore my companions do mean something because if they're not geared then it gets harder.

I appreciate all the insight on this, it helped me see why some people think its rude. But as far as the unspoken rule goes I'm not to concerned about it. If me or one of my companions can use it, and its better then what is equipped already then I'm going to need it. The option is there for that reason. Again thanks, I'll stick to my play style and y'all stick to your's.


No I'm not entitled to it, there's a roll for that exact reason. If I NEED it for my companion I'mma select NEED. It might be selfish to some but I gotta gear with better stuff somehow. The only time I ran into this problem was on group finder. So, I reckon I will be a selfish player. You can't make nice with everyone, or you won't get anywhere.
It's about 98% of the communities opinion too. If you wana be an *** go right ahead. But think about endgame when you get kicked from groups because everyone hates you for not running as a member of the team. As I said.. companions count for nothing in rolls. It is meant to be gear for you. If you want companion gear go make it or sometihng.

& you can make nice with people bud. Infact you get a lot further in the game if you do. Trust me when you get 50 you'll completely understand.
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

Januaria's Avatar


Januaria
10.29.2012 , 10:21 AM | #20
Bad, selfish, anti-social behavior. If you were a newb I'd understand, if you're not, then bad, bad, bad.

Is your forum name the same as your in-game toon name? I'd like to know so if we are on the same server, I can avoid grouping with you.

"In the avalanche of life I'm a special little snowflake."