Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Needing Items while grouped

RandomXChance
11.25.2012 , 01:54 PM | #111
I have a policy for dealing with people who behave like the op has stated. You usually are very far into a FP by the time an attitude like this is apparent. I whisper to the other people to just wait until just before the last boss, then Kick the offender from the group. The offender has missed out on what is usually the best loot and has wasted all that time in the FP without getting credit for completion. This usually works fine because 90% of the time the offender is some moron DPS anyways that is easily replaced.

MitchPB
11.25.2012 , 06:15 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
If he never gets ops cause he kicked a person i find that highly unlikely, reason everybody in the grp has to vote for that kick and so far when this kind of situation happend everybody voted yes.

Ninjaing stuff for a companion is just sad esspecialy when there is class in the group that realy needs the item.
I meant, he needed practically everything that dropped.
<BOG> <Concept>

Gelious
11.25.2012 , 08:45 PM | #113
Gear for companions should be "greed" only. Especially on level 50 when you need him or her only for dailies.
It must be "greed" because a player in your group may need it for himself, and needs of other players > needs of your companions

The only case "need" for companions is possible, is if everyone else in the party agreed to it.

Even if no one can use the item, the rule applies. Maybe others want to sell it. They have the same right to sell it, as you - to give it to your companion.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Nellios - Operative; Brellios - Powertech; Xatra - Commando; Xatraz - Jedi Sage; Xadraz - Gunslinger.

Druidregalia
11.25.2012 , 10:06 PM | #114
The only reason you should needroll is if you need the item for your character in your spec.

However, Im ok with ppl asking first if they want to NR for a companion, offspec, taking out the mods etc.

They key is that you ask first, and understand that NO means NO.

NrDLeipe
11.26.2012 , 01:59 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
I meant, he needed practically everything that dropped.
Then he got what he deserved ;}
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds
Ref link. http://www.swtor.com/r/C88CDZ

ElyonRand
11.26.2012 , 02:17 AM | #116
Ok, here's two situations I need clarifying for me. My partner and I play together, and therefore do Heroics and Flashpoints together (He's a trooper and I'm a smuggler)

Case 1: While running a Flashpoint, we got to the end and the final boss dropped a heavy armor Jedi robe. As it was better than the armor my partner was wearing, he hit Need and was granted it. He immediately put it on. However the Jedi in our group accused him of ninja-ing it, as it was a Jedi style item.

Case 2: We did a 2-person Heroic on Taris, and a guy asked to join our group, as he was soloing it and was struggling. We said yes. Everytime loot was dropped, he hit pass, until we got to the final boss. He dropped a purple customisable shield generator, which my partner needed. However the other guy also hit need, despite playing a Jedi Sentinel. My partner won and again equipped it, and the other player stormed off without a word. Were we obliged to give it to him as he passed on everything else? He never said anything throughout the whole time we were together.

chimex
11.26.2012 , 03:27 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by ElyonRand View Post
Ok, here's two situations I need clarifying for me. My partner and I play together, and therefore do Heroics and Flashpoints together (He's a trooper and I'm a smuggler)

Case 1: While running a Flashpoint, we got to the end and the final boss dropped a heavy armor Jedi robe. As it was better than the armor my partner was wearing, he hit Need and was granted it. He immediately put it on. However the Jedi in our group accused him of ninja-ing it, as it was a Jedi style item.

Case 2: We did a 2-person Heroic on Taris, and a guy asked to join our group, as he was soloing it and was struggling. We said yes. Everytime loot was dropped, he hit pass, until we got to the final boss. He dropped a purple customisable shield generator, which my partner needed. However the other guy also hit need, despite playing a Jedi Sentinel. My partner won and again equipped it, and the other player stormed off without a word. Were we obliged to give it to him as he passed on everything else? He never said anything throughout the whole time we were together.
1) Well, tbh yes. Although your parter had no intention of deliberately snatching equiptment from the other player, he did. A trooper doesn't even use the same stats as a jedi, so what advantage in stats he hoped to gain is beyond me. The other player was much more suited for the drop than your partner was. Your partner should have rolled greed.

2) No, you were not obliged to do anything. If the other player wishes to pass on other items, that's his/her business. Unless an agreement has been met by the whole group, there is no rule of bagseys on loot.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Druidregalia
11.26.2012 , 04:21 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
1) Well, tbh yes. Although your parter had no intention of deliberately snatching equiptment from the other player, he did. A trooper doesn't even use the same stats as a jedi, so what advantage in stats he hoped to gain is beyond me. The other player was much more suited for the drop than your partner was. Your partner should have rolled greed.

2) No, you were not obliged to do anything. If the other player wishes to pass on other items, that's his/her business. Unless an agreement has been met by the whole group, there is no rule of bagseys on loot.
that and and a jedi sentinal should never need on a power generator.

ElyonRand
11.26.2012 , 05:33 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post

Ok, thank you very much for clarifying. We'll keep both of these in mind in the future.

FlyinSpaghetti
11.26.2012 , 06:05 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
I personally think companions requirement of gear should be put on the 'allowed to need' because a gimped companion is a gimped player when doing dailies and solo-questing.
A comp doesn't need high level endgame gear to do dailies, if you need to gear up your comp too much for dailies then you are probably just not good at your class, therefore you click greed on item rolls for comps simply because it's not a necessity to have.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!