Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Needing Items while grouped

Ms_Sunlight
11.07.2012 , 10:22 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
Chimex, this is hilarious!

Of course the OP's going to find it hard to get people to group with - they're a bloody ninja!
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

legolegion
11.07.2012 , 10:53 AM | #92
while I agree it`s only need if your char needs it not companion
I been told off needing a med aromor as had custom bits in that where better than my jugs armour
and the maruarder went off on one

MitchPB
11.09.2012 , 04:04 PM | #93
If I ever get people like you cross in a group I kick them because you are being a selfish ***hole. If no one needs it for there char then everyone can hit need and whoever wins one it fair and square for their pet.
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

zXBurntToastXz
11.11.2012 , 07:25 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
But I needed it for my companion, therefore I needed it. I don't run through the whole game with 1 guy I found in group finder, I can't worry about him and if what I do is considered rude or breaking an unwritten rule. Because if it was a big deal, it wouldn't be unwritten. I'm playing to win, so I reckon if that means stepping on a few people's toes so be it. I'm gonna try and make me and my team the best possible.

You sound like such a spoiled, pompous little git right now I want to slap you until your face is as red as a sith

Vaelmere
11.21.2012 , 12:47 AM | #95
Playing Consular and rather frustrated with this, just started playing again, but will probably stop, every flashpoint i run i loose the need roll to someone rolling need on something for there companion.

TekAlcon
11.21.2012 , 11:10 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
I've played to game for about half a year dude. It isn't all new to me, this was on my alt. And up until lately, the need stuff wasn't a big deal. And companions are a personal need to me. Douche or not, I need to keep them gear'd to don't I? Yes, I do. I already said thanks for the insight on the matter, but to each his own. I'mma do things my way, you go ahead and be the selfless, righteous person you are portraying. Thats your thing not mine. But I want my companions to be up there just as good as me. I'm not gonna pass on ORANGE gear that they can use. Thats just dumb.

I got a guild to do end-game with, and I'm friends with them so I'm not going to need something if they can use it faster, or whatever before I can. But as far as randoms in group finder are concerned, especially on sub-50 I gotta do what I gotta do to get gear. I'm not upset that they got upset, I just think its a little ridiculous for them to get upset that I needed it, even though they won the roll
i have a "friend" just like you.......and i hate his guts,
You cant spell slaughter without laughter
55 Sith Juggernaut Savag
55 Commando Texos
30 Assassin Grimorus

TekAlcon
11.21.2012 , 11:19 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I have never needed anything for my companions, I have never needed something off spec, I have never needed crafting materials. All my companions are Rakata or above. I have off spec rakata/bh gear fully optimized on my dps companion and I have about 20 Biometric Crystal Alloy in my cargo hold and have put at least that many I have put in the guild bank plus I have used more than a few on crafting. You don't have to be a greedy jerk to get gear in this game as a matter of fact, I have geared up faster because people have helped me get gear because I have helped them first. My alt Jedi knight already has mods, enhancements, implants and ear and armor for full rakata and above and she is only level 30. People have been mailing me stuff because they know I will use her and continue to use my sawbones to get them more gear.
can i hang out with you and your friend sometime
but really, you and your friends sound like really great players, love the way your so thoughtful of the others, enough to MAIL RAKATA GEAR to each others alts, thats awsome, also this post makes me feel bad i took tionese gear for my jaesa

EDIT: i did ask the group beforehand tho.
You cant spell slaughter without laughter
55 Sith Juggernaut Savag
55 Commando Texos
30 Assassin Grimorus

mikebevo
11.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by TekAlcon View Post
enough to MAIL RAKATA GEAR to each others alts,.
well I should have said Rakata level mods, enhancements and armor. However, now it doesn't matter, she is level 45 now and has BH/Campaign level gear with a few level 27 mods thrown in and even my main hasn't been past the 2nd boss in HM TfB. However, the A team has and we have been farming mats in HM EC and SM TfB.

Still have to figure out how to get a higher hilt, ear and implant...Hate BoP. Main still has 250 bh comms and I can't use them for my alts. Guess I could try my luck at RE.

ForranAradle
11.23.2012 , 10:52 PM | #99
The best thing is to ask if you can need for your companion. I hve found most people will say yes and if they need it they will say so.
Major Eskol: Vanguard Tor'blenos: Bounty hunter:
Forran: Commando : Rao: Agent
Zhorn: Sith Lord: The Aradle Legacy :

JamieKirby
11.24.2012 , 10:48 AM | #100
I personally think companions requirement of gear should be put on the 'allowed to need' because a gimped companion is a gimped player when doing dailies and solo-questing.

If this needs to be changed, then bioware needs to make companions' gear automatically level with them, that way, you would just need to worry about gearing yourself.