Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CTD Workaround - Win7

Slaxinexx
10.25.2012 , 11:23 AM | #1
Hello all,

since Bioware is unable to fix their CTD/Memory Leak Bugs, try this workaround (on Windows7 only though):

RUN
regedit
go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

and change the (in original it's 10000):
"GDIProcessHandleQuota"=dword:00004e20
(decimal value is 20000)

It seems that SWTOR since Patch 1.4 got problems with the memory, highly caused by increasing GDI-objects while specially mouse commands, when you hover over buttons, enter movies etc.

The increase handle value of GDI to 20000 just makes the time longer before you crash, but at least you can play for a good while.

tanktest
02.23.2013 , 08:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaxinexx View Post
Hello all,

since Bioware is unable to fix their CTD/Memory Leak Bugs, try this workaround (on Windows7 only though):

RUN
regedit
go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

and change the (in original it's 10000):
"GDIProcessHandleQuota"=dword:00004e20
(decimal value is 20000)

It seems that SWTOR since Patch 1.4 got problems with the memory, highly caused by increasing GDI-objects while specially mouse commands, when you hover over buttons, enter movies etc.

The increase handle value of GDI to 20000 just makes the time longer before you crash, but at least you can play for a good while.
Seems to work in Windows 8 to I keep getting the loading screen bug I have done all they asked ii's been worse sense the last patch ,, I gonna give this a try ...I have 64 bit win 8 32 gib and 7870 with beta driver 6 I have tried release drivers still does it . last thing to try is this ..

OwenBrooks
02.23.2013 , 08:50 PM | #3
If you do a lot of multitasking you may need to adjust this setting but if you are not getting a "system resources running low" warning then I seriously doubt this will do anything.

There is a big difference in limits between 32 bit and 64 bit OS

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...78(VS.85).aspx

I personally have Win 7 64bit 16Gb Ram and 670GTX - No crashes.