Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage melee damage?!

Aital
10.25.2012 , 07:41 AM | #1
Why does sage not get willpower as a bonus to melee like guardians get both on everything... They unfairly took away the ability to use basic attacks?! The sword is just a basic instant for regen or a simple quick double attack. it's not that big of a deal. It makes no sense to me why we don't get to use our basic attacks in an affective manor like other characters do.

I would love to be able to use my saber normally and be affective. I use it all the time now for fun when in low end content. They wasted the nice art and moves they added to the saber, which looks very nice BTW and almost no sages will ever get to appreciate it now let alone have their close range attacks feasible.

Why did they remove this/never give it to them?

WhillB
10.25.2012 , 08:03 AM | #2
I couldn't agree more. I have a lvl 50 sith sorc and haven't had my saber attacks on a quick bar since I was very low level. It's rather disappointing

DarthZak
10.25.2012 , 08:11 AM | #3
Sages are either RDPS or Healers and for both you dont need to be close enough to use a saber

They rely on the Force and thats been made clear from the get-go
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

CthulhuRyleh
10.25.2012 , 08:24 AM | #4
Yeah your two saber moves that you have as a Consular are really only used if you pick the shadow AC

Kendaric
10.25.2012 , 08:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
Sages are either RDPS or Healers and for both you dont need to be close enough to use a saber

They rely on the Force and thats been made clear from the get-go
And I still say that was a wrong decision by BioWare.
Every Jedi (not sure about the Sith) is trained to use the lightsaber in combat and this should have been reflected in all of the class choices. Unfortunately BioWare decided to turn sages into your stereotypical fantasy wizard/priest type (ranged caster).
It would have been nice if they had allowed us more saber attacks via one of the skill trees.
(█⌉▀|▀|▀|▀[o]█]|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Stoofa
10.25.2012 , 08:55 AM | #6
As a Sage DPS'er I must respond to one of the posts above:
You're right about us "not supposed" to be in close combat, but ever since the nerf, sorry "correction" of our Stun we do find ourselves closer.
Also there is nothing more satisfying than using a last-ditch "Double Strike" in a WZ. I want that person I've killed to see just how I killed them

DarthZak
10.25.2012 , 12:17 PM | #7
I can understand the frustration, I have a Sorc DPS myself

But If you take the lore thats behind it all, Sorcerers and Sages in lore also mainly use their Force powers
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Anysao
10.25.2012 , 12:23 PM | #8
Is it really that bad? I made a new sage, willing to accept I'm a ranged user (new for me), yet do I really end up missin my saber strikes THAT much?
Idea: make double strike have a 20% chance to grant some buff that makes telekinetic throw stronger. Problem solved.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Sportiva
10.25.2012 , 12:32 PM | #9
It would be nice if Sage melee attacks were at least enough to finish off a mob with <1,000 health. There are a number of times when you need to waste a cooldown or cast time to finish off a mob.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

BrianDavion
10.25.2012 , 12:36 PM | #10
one would think wisdom would buff melee attacks, simply for shadows