Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

Fiamma_Verde
02.02.2013 , 01:02 AM | #81
I'd like to say human as well mainly because of Zath.

Spoiler

I just can't get on board with the pureblood slave either, even though people have provided convincing explanations as to how it could happen.

SithKoriandr
02.02.2013 , 01:35 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
I'd like to say human as well mainly because of Zath.

Spoiler

I just can't get on board with the pureblood slave either, even though people have provided convincing explanations as to how it could happen.
To bad the devs couldnt just come up with a new storyline all-together for a Pureblood Inquisitor.

AgentJacen
02.19.2013 , 10:20 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
I'd like to say human as well mainly because of Zash.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Anyways, I think any species that isn't Human or Pureblood, simply because the Empire doesn't usually take Human slaves, and would probably never take a Pureblood as a slave. Purebloods are even treated better than humans, despite them being "alien scum."
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan

Dayshadow
04.05.2014 , 02:58 AM | #84
At the very end is it not a big deal that an "alien" is on the Dark Council? Is not the SI the first "alien" Dark Council member or is this only mentioned if you play an "alien" species?
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

DARTHOSIRUS
04.06.2014 , 03:05 AM | #85
I say a chiss, they just look really cool shooting force lightning. Any alien can work in this case. Maybe Kalig was just so unbelievably friggin powerful his species made little difference to the purebloods. There is an exception to every rule, or maybe Kalig or one his descandants fell in love with an alien, and used some sort of sorcery to make children with her. Kalig was a powerful sorcerer after all. In that case the inquisitor is mostly alien, not full alien.

Loranix
01.29.2016 , 08:14 AM | #86
I personally think that a pureblood inquisitor is possible as an option, I would like to share my thoughts and explain why I think this.

Spoiler

It is for this reason that I find no problem playing a pureblood inquisitor.

Aeneas_Falco
01.29.2016 , 11:56 AM | #87
The issue with pureblood Sith Inquisitors is that the pureblood traits should have long ago been bred out of the family line. The Inquisitor's family has been enslaved for centuries, which mean your ancestors were effectively being bred with other slaves to produce more slaves. Slaves are basically livestock to the people who kept them.

While it isn't far-fetched that members of the Sith species could end up enslaved as a side of effect of the cutthroat politics on Korriban, there probably shouldn't be a large population of them floating around the galaxy. This should particularly be the case since Sith Purebloods as a species are considered rare by the time of SWTOR. There aren't many of them left. Any Sith Pureblood slaves would probably have ended up bred with the more common humans, since the two species can interbreed, and eventually they'd lost their Sith traits.

Chiss have the same issue. Since they aren't part of the Republic or the Empire, there shouldn't be a slave population of them large enough in Imperial space to support a Chiss Inquisitor, several centuries later.

As far as aliens go the more common species work best for the Inquisitor's background, like Zabrak or Twi'lek.

casirabit
01.29.2016 , 12:06 PM | #88
I can't see a Chiss being a Sith Inquisitor.

My reasons:

(1) Most Chiss are not force sensitive, though there were rare exceptions.
(2) The Chiss were for the most part allies to the empire which means that most Chiss would not be slaves and the Sith Inquisitor background is from slaves.
(3) Chiss were rare in the empire, other than a few that served in the Imperial Intelligence most Chiss were on their homeworld.

I don't see a Chiss really working for a sith Inquisitor based on those reasons.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. Guild Roleplay in Progress: A New Threat https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/bUWNNOuVerA Referral: [url]http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj[/url

Loranix
01.30.2016 , 06:25 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
The issue with pureblood Sith Inquisitors is that the pureblood traits should have long ago been bred out of the family line. The Inquisitor's family has been enslaved for centuries, which mean your ancestors were effectively being bred with other slaves to produce more slaves. Slaves are basically livestock to the people who kept them.

While it isn't far-fetched that members of the Sith species could end up enslaved as a side of effect of the cutthroat politics on Korriban, there probably shouldn't be a large population of them floating around the galaxy. This should particularly be the case since Sith Purebloods as a species are considered rare by the time of SWTOR. There aren't many of them left. Any Sith Pureblood slaves would probably have ended up bred with the more common humans, since the two species can interbreed, and eventually they'd lost their Sith traits.
Well what if some of the inquisitors distant ancestors survived the purge and changed their identities and spent the rest of the Tulak hoard era living on the sidelines, so those that werent enslaved were effectively forced to deny their heritage, this could account for alot, and as for being a slave what if the inquisitors direct family became enslaved for repeated or a major mistake leading to the inquisitor being born of pureblood but slave parentage and then released due to a significant connection to the Force as per current ruling?

josephinec
01.30.2016 , 01:11 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I can't see a Chiss being a Sith Inquisitor.

My reasons:

(1) Most Chiss are not force sensitive, though there were rare exceptions.
(2) The Chiss were for the most part allies to the empire which means that most Chiss would not be slaves and the Sith Inquisitor background is from slaves.
(3) Chiss were rare in the empire, other than a few that served in the Imperial Intelligence most Chiss were on their homeworld.

I don't see a Chiss really working for a sith Inquisitor based on those reasons.
^ Also, remember, some Chiss were stationed on Hoth.

The only way I see a Chiss Inquisitor is if you give them a background that completely deviates from the game's story(i.e., your Agent or Hunter somehow has a Force sensitive child).
A friend of mine said that Chiss tend to look down on Force sensitives of their race, but I can't find a source for that.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Ebon Hawk, Red Eclipse, Progenitor, Harbinger, and Shadowlands.