Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aric Jorgan/Elara Dorne Promotion Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Aric Jorgan/Elara Dorne Promotion Question

Frog_brains
01.29.2013 , 11:21 AM | #21
I"m still upset that they wouldn't let me promote m1-4x as my XO! That droid is awesome. I vote for an imediate implementation of a droids right to rank and responsibility!

maxetius
01.29.2013 , 11:44 AM | #22
Jorgan is a pain in the ***. The dude tells me he isn't concerned about his rank, he wants to 'be where the action is.' and is proud to be on Havoc Squad blasting imps to hell. Seeing as how he'd probably make a better drill instructor than CO, I pass him up, and he whines like i just declawed him.

That said, he has his pluses. Yeah he demands the best from his guys but he also wouldn't hesitate to say 'this is stupid.' about an order and he is willing to stand up to command.

Then again, so does [did] Elara, which was one of the reasons why her command hated her on Taris. They liked to bend the rules in an unfavorable manner and she called them out on it.

Both deserve the promotion for different reasons. However, I promoted Elara because Jorgan was simply too much like my Trooper.

Lionflash
01.29.2013 , 12:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
I don't really see how Dorne is an improvement over Jorgan in terms of attitude. While Dorne says that Jorgan is abrasive, she's not exactly motherly and sweet to other soldiers herself - notice how everyone on Taris wants her to get the hell out of their way because of how obnoxious she is in citing regulations instead of just letting you work?
I think the whole point of the choice is that it's not really an easy one to make (it wasn't for me) I don't know if everyone else chose to have a converation with both of them before making the descision (something I'm glad they put in there) but they each really do have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Although, to me it seems like Jorgan is the 'canon choice'. If you let General Garza pick she chooses Jorgan pretty much without even blinking.

I chose Jorgan cause his attitude changed since we first met and he respects you and the chain of command even though he's bitter about the whole thing. I would have picked Dorne cause I kinda dig her style but my Trooper doesn't trust her (yet).

dewayne
01.29.2013 , 01:14 PM | #24
on my female trooper i promoted dorne. jorgan openned his mouth bout command at the berginning of act 2. we all know it not good but do have to say out loud in front of the entire squad. sides he past over a promotion back to lt. then throws a hissy fit when you dorne. and if you talk to dorne before promoting one. she point out she knows the enemy and her record speak well
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

Quething
01.30.2013 , 05:49 AM | #25
Just a point on Jorgan - he is pretty immature about it at first if you pass him over, but if you take Elara as your companion when you go to Garza (so she gets the rep points for that conversation) and then pick the right dialog option when he whines at you afterward, you get no negative reputation anywhere and actually pick up a +15. I take this as intended to imply that he's not actually mad at the trooper, he's just working off his irrational frustration in grumpy cat fashion.

FINNT
01.30.2013 , 07:38 AM | #26
They are pretty much even on my books, but I promoted Jorgan because I was romancing Elara and Jorgan got little bit skrewed on his demotion.

It's little bit unfair to Elara, but this way officially no-one can critisize the decision.
:laser: