Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I use a Game time card to play.. what will with me when the F2P starts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I use a Game time card to play.. what will with me when the F2P starts?

Batmandkei
10.24.2012 , 09:19 AM | #1
Is a simple question i was Hoping someone knew the answer so i can get some help PLEASE I BEG YOU
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The greatest trick the Sith ever played was convincing the world that he doesn't exist.

TUXs
10.24.2012 , 09:22 AM | #2
Why on earth do you think it matters?! You're a subscriber. You're subbed. Relax.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

LukeSaberRattler
10.24.2012 , 09:25 AM | #3
Yeah Game Time Card = Subscriber so you won't lose any access to anything unless you don't add a new card when the current one expires.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

VegaPhone
10.24.2012 , 09:52 AM | #4
Hes asking how he will use pay time cards in f2p...

hes assuming they will be useless or they will stop making time cards, which means he will have to use a credit card instead.

So I think he prefers to use a time card and wants to know if he can continue to use a time card.

Drudenfusz
10.24.2012 , 09:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
Hes asking how he will use pay time cards in f2p...

hes assuming they will be useless or they will stop making time cards, which means he will have to use a credit card instead.

So I think he prefers to use a time card and wants to know if he can continue to use a time card.
And he just can do that. BioWare said that Game time cards will stay around and keep being useful.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

DarthSpooky
10.24.2012 , 10:00 AM | #6
I personally would like to know if there will be a way for time card subscribers to purchase extra cartel coins without forking over their cred digits. Like some sort of swtor cash card.
<South of Heaven>
Ebon Hawk

WarbNull
10.24.2012 , 10:05 AM | #7
From the FAQ's
These are the two listing on the Game Time Cards from the FAQ's.
Quote:
Will Game Time Codes still be available to buy once The Old Republic goes Free-to-Play?

Yes, Game Time codes will still be available as before, and players who use Game Time Codes on their accounts will be considered Subscribers. This means that players using Game Time Codes are eligible for the same rewards as players who have a recurring subscription on their accounts.
Quote:
If I redeem a Game Time Code or subscribe to a recurring Game Time Plan, what will happen to my account when the game transitions to the Free-to-Play option?

If you redeem a Game Time Code or subscribe to a recurring Game Time Plan, then you will be entitled to the subscription account until your game time expires.

That is a good question.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpooky View Post
I personally would like to know if there will be a way for time card subscribers to purchase extra cartel coins without forking over their cred digits. Like some sort of swtor cash card.
It would be cool if they make it so that you can use the Game Time Cards to add money to your Cartel Coins. Maybe a Dev can look into this for us.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

Drudenfusz
10.24.2012 , 10:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpooky View Post
Yes, would be nice to have such an option.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

AlixMV
10.24.2012 , 12:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
It would be cool if they make it so that you can use the Game Time Cards to add money to your Cartel Coins. Maybe a Dev can look into this for us.
This is a great point. I added this to the Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread post.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris