Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, Can You Redo the Cinematics Please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BW, Can You Redo the Cinematics Please

Jacen_Starsolo
10.24.2012 , 09:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
Let it go please. With all the issues that need to be addressed in this game Bioware spending time and money on this frankly trivial matter would be counter-productive.

Of course, this whole thread is further proof that people can and will complain about anything.
They haven't fixed much of anything tbh. So it's putting one more on the already full plate. Things you care for them to fix is probably meaningless to many as well.

Edit: nvm. I see by the posting history that even when the massive stuttering was going on and even acknowledged as an issue by Bioware and they've been working on solutions, you were telling people they shouldn't even be posting about it. WTG. lol

LrdRahvin
10.24.2012 , 10:51 AM | #12
All of the cinematic trailers were done by Blur Studios (pretty much the best in the biz for non-Hollywood cgi work. If I remember correctly they've also done some work for tv).

TL;DR They ain't cheap

Sweetiepies
10.24.2012 , 12:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Equating what Story NPCs do to what our characters can do is a fruitless venture. Satelle has a 360 knockback. Malgus can shoot lightning.... You could go on for quite a bit like this and it would mean nothing.
This. Malgus is not a level XX Sith Juggernaut nor a level XX Sith Marauder. He is a level XX Darth Malgus. Mako is not a smuggler. She is a level XX Mako. Quinn is not an level XX Imperial Agent, he is a level XX Quinn. These individual characters are their own class. You can't equate any of their abilities to ones we have.

Urael
10.24.2012 , 12:13 PM | #14
Another "seinfeld" thread.

TheBBP
10.24.2012 , 12:16 PM | #15
Oh dang. I did not realize that the OP is asking for BW to have the cinematic trailers re-done.

I mean this has to be a troll thread. If you look just at what Malgus does in the trailers...
  • He slices through giant metal objects while hurtling himself through the air at his prey.
  • Throws his saber to take out multiple targets.
  • Shoots lightning from his hands.
  • Blocks a Trooper's mortar volley.

The Bounty Hunter uses her jetpack to fly...

I mean, seriously OP? The CGI trailers are false advertising?

Are you being serious OP?
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

LordArtemis
10.24.2012 , 12:19 PM | #16
Well, quite a few of the cinematics were not TECHNICALLY accurate anyway. They show armor sets that were previously unavailable, dual wielding a double and single lightsaber, turret play on starships, etc.

After watching the vid in question again, I think it's debatable whether or not the new overload is portrayed properly in the vid. I think it might be based on what I saw.

At any rate, I still strongly believe they should have simply offered the current mechanic for overload as a new ability and disabled the old overload in PVP. Would have been a better choice IMO.

CosmicKat
10.24.2012 , 12:51 PM | #17
I second the motion!

There are clearly signs of quality acting, writing, plot, and storytelling in the cinematics that are completely out of place in a Star Wars product (since 1983).

ShepardSpock
10.24.2012 , 12:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
I second the motion!

There are clearly signs of quality acting, writing, plot, and storytelling in the cinematics that are completely out of place in a Star Wars product (since 1983).
Actually, I would have said 1980. But yeah, RotJ had a lot of good parts (none of the scenes had ewoks in it though). Only ewok scene that I could stand before was the end celebration but then Lucas ruined that too by faceplanting Hayden into it.

CosmicKat
10.24.2012 , 12:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ShepardSpock View Post
Actually, I would have said 1980. But yeah, RotJ had a lot of good parts (none of the scenes had ewoks in it though). Only ewok scene that I could stand before was the end celebration but then Lucas ruined that too by faceplanting Hayden into it.
I actually re-watched it a few years ago. The one positive of the prequels is that they made RotJ look like a masterpiece.

ShepardSpock
10.24.2012 , 01:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
I actually re-watched it a few years ago. The one positive of the prequels is that they made RotJ look like a masterpiece.
Best way to watch RotJ is fast forward through all the ewok scenes. The rescue of Han, Palpatine-Vader-Luke stuff, and the Lando space battle. Actually it's more enjoyable that way.

But even if you go through the ewoks scenes, RotJ is better than the prequels.