Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We were expecting Paid Transfers with the Cartel Market. Can you give us an update?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We were expecting Paid Transfers with the Cartel Market. Can you give us an update?

Pahomi
10.24.2012 , 07:10 AM | #1
Dear SWTOR Development Team,

I believe I speak for a significant portion of the community when I say that we would like an update on your plans for paid transfers. Most people were expecting this feature to be included in the Cartel Market but from what we see on the PTS, there is no sign of it.

I could see possible issues with giving us this feature now considering the delicate situation with the APAC servers at the moment. Are you guys waiting after F2P populations settle before you release this feature? Can we still expect it to come this year? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Gomla
10.24.2012 , 07:20 AM | #2
I would like to know this.

Considering the server I originally picked is now gone and i've been lumped onto a server I didn't choose. I'd like to be able to pick where I go.

Autorch
10.24.2012 , 07:21 AM | #3
More information, please. We have been waiting for months now.

Lionflash
10.24.2012 , 07:27 AM | #4
I you're right and they might wait until after 1.5 goes live for that. Who knows, 1.5 could be a hit; the server populations go up and the need for transfers goes down.

If they allowed you to transfer today, I'd still say wait. The problem might be solved soon.

Wolfninjajedi
10.24.2012 , 07:30 AM | #5
This is what happens, when you expect something. Just cause you expect it, doesn't mean it there. Best to just wait, until they announce it actually.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

RSLeMire
10.24.2012 , 07:31 AM | #6
Strange... maybe it is just me but the only thing about paid transfers that I have read so far was completely baseless speculation on these forums by the community.
"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

FFsimold
10.24.2012 , 07:33 AM | #7
they are most likly gonna wait and let the dust settle after the transition to f2p being added.

Knockerz
10.24.2012 , 07:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FFsimold View Post
they are most likly gonna wait and let the dust settle after the transition to f2p being added.
I might as well just reroll. It probably be faster to just level again, then to wait some more.

Pahomi
10.24.2012 , 07:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
I you're right and they might wait until after 1.5 goes live for that. Who knows, 1.5 could be a hit; the server populations go up and the need for transfers goes down.

If they allowed you to transfer today, I'd still say wait. The problem might be solved soon.
I don't want to leave my server. The one I got moved to eventually is a good one. The problem is that a lot of us that were stuck on dead servers in the spring chose to roll other characters on high population servers and now we would like to get them back. I for one would have all 4 class buffs if all my characters were on the same server but they are split up on 2 different servers unfortunately

So paid transfers are not only needed for people wanting to change servers but also for so many people that want to consolidate all their characters on one server.

SWGEvictee
10.24.2012 , 07:50 AM | #10
My question OP is why you were expecting something they never said was going to be in 1.5 would actually be in 1.5?