Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Sentinel PvP

LimaCharlie
02.13.2012 , 01:34 PM | #191
This is a great post!!! I just hit 50 with my JS focus build. I love it.
I really need to figure out how to bind keys and which abilities are useless. It seems that everyhing but a few abilities works together.
Shadowlands:
Nala'edge , Chloe'edge, Mon'edge, Ry'edge, Nala'kaan, Ry'kann

Molongo
02.19.2012 , 08:34 AM | #192
So which spec would be the easiest to play for someone whom is new to MMO's and warzones? Easy in the sense, not built to hunt down healers with cc's and interrupts but just plain damaging the sh*t out of whatever it see's, and easy rotations ofcourse.
Campaining for SW:TOR on Mac OS X 

Smuggler

Rankith
02.21.2012 , 04:02 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Molongo View Post
So which spec would be the easiest to play for someone whom is new to MMO's and warzones? Easy in the sense, not built to hunt down healers with cc's and interrupts but just plain damaging the sh*t out of whatever it see's, and easy rotations ofcourse.
Id say focus for ya. Easy to do some big damage as its just stasis/dot move, leap, aoe explosion of doom!. Also allows for 100% transendance for ease of staying on target and the lower cd on GbtF helps ya survive.

Valketh
02.23.2012 , 03:57 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
1. Originally, you referenced a Focus spec. Not a hybrid spec. You still haven't posted a link to the spec. Yet, none of that is relevant because ...

2. You still haven't admitted that you were incorrect when you claimed that taunt required Soresu. This fact has zero relation to the choice of Soresu or Shii Cho.

3. Not using ShiiCho makes a 3% difference in damage. You are still significantly incorrect on your original damage estimates.

4. The other arguments had no relevance to Soresu vs. Shii Cho. You can farm medals using either a Focus spec or a hybrid spec, since your spec does not stop you from swapping to Soresu. Etc.

So, grats on continuously throwing up random "straw mans" while the original points still stand.
You really sound like my wife who has to be told that she's right and I'm wrong in order for life to proceed as it should. It's sad. Really. He knows and the readers know where his facts failed. Trying to beat an apology or admission of being wrong out of him really doesn't contribute a damn thing to the thread nor does it affect in a postitve manner the respect anyone has for you.
"Before they insert wiccan gay vampire submissive romances, don't you think they should be looking at...say...more starwars-related stuff?"
"I'm 100% certain that running around like a turbo full retard made me more of a target than I already was."

Valketh
02.23.2012 , 04:59 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Disobedience View Post
Hey! I'd just like to say that this guide has helped more than you can know. I started out last Saturday(not the 28th), signed up and went Jedi Knight immediately, building into Sentinel. Right now I'm sitting at level 28, and I've been playing PvP like mad. I went a Focus build and it's served more extremely well. I frequently top the damage charts and kill charts, and I have followed this guide to the letter ever since I was level 20.

So, I thank you for making such a wonderful and amazing guide!
I always find these posts funny. "i'm lvl 2X and I frequently top the damage and kill charts". O really...
"Before they insert wiccan gay vampire submissive romances, don't you think they should be looking at...say...more starwars-related stuff?"
"I'm 100% certain that running around like a turbo full retard made me more of a target than I already was."

Mahdii
02.24.2012 , 04:03 PM | #196
The Focus breakdown in the original post is wrong. Dual Wield Mastery must be talented. For it increases the damage output dramatically on one of our four main abilities.

ApotheosisLanyx
02.25.2012 , 05:18 AM | #197
Just poked my head in here for the first time finally.. I'm saying this in an attempt (probably a hopeless one) to help the republic community not be so bad at pvp, but yeah. This is an awful guide if you are trying to get better at pvp.

neeman
02.25.2012 , 10:55 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Mahdii View Post
The Focus breakdown in the original post is wrong. Dual Wield Mastery must be talented. For it increases the damage output dramatically on one of our four main abilities.
I haven't heard this anywhere else. Which ability are you referencing?

The general understanding is that the damage from our second lightsaber is negligible and that buffing it, while +36% appears significant, translates into only the slightest overall DPS gain.
Tuor, Darth Bandon

Mahdii
02.25.2012 , 02:26 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by neeman View Post
I haven't heard this anywhere else. Which ability are you referencing?

The general understanding is that the damage from our second lightsaber is negligible and that buffing it, while +36% appears significant, translates into only the slightest overall DPS gain.
Zealous Leap.

Opener is usually Force Leap, Force Stasis/Exhaustion, Surge/Crit Relic then Force Sweep. Zealous Leap attacks with both weapons. The relic should still be active and Zealous Leap can hit for upwards of 3K total.

Also keep in mind Slash hits with both lightsabers.

neeman
02.26.2012 , 10:57 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Mahdii View Post
Zealous Leap.

Opener is usually Force Leap, Force Stasis/Exhaustion, Surge/Crit Relic then Force Sweep. Zealous Leap attacks with both weapons. The relic should still be active and Zealous Leap can hit for upwards of 3K total.

Also keep in mind Slash hits with both lightsabers.
Right, I understand that some attacks use a second saber -- and you seem to be in the Focus tree, so I'm not sure whether what I'm saying is offset by some mechanic I'm unaware of (I play Watchman) --, but that fact does not alone conclusively answer the question whether it's worthwhile to buff the attacks of that second saber.

Your offhand weapon does (assuming it has the same hilt as your mainhand), without Dual Wield Mastery, 30% of your /base/ mainhand damage (i.e. no bonus from stats) at a base 57-63% accuracy. So, with Dual Wield Mastery, you're doing on average 66%*60% (let's say) = 39.6% of your mainhand's base damage range in offhand extra damage per strike that uses the second saber. This is 21.6% more than it would be untalented. Each talent point in Dual Wield Mastery thus buys an extra 7.2% of your base weapons damage (Strength or Power bonuses not being applicable) to the attacks that use the offhand.

To put this into perspective, the damage range of a Champion saber is 302-453, avg 378. With one point in Dual Wield Mastery, as many builds call for, you're looking at a +27.2 dmg increase. With three points, you'd get a +81.6 dmg increase. Mind you, this is with T2 gear. +81.6 extra /weapons/ damage at that point, although I suppose it'll add up over large sequences, is really not that much.
Tuor, Darth Bandon