Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Lightsaber Forms- Jar'Kai

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Lightsaber Forms- Jar'Kai

ToEasy
10.24.2012 , 04:46 PM | #11
Good thread but I have never been a fan of dual wielding. I prefer two handed weapons for the most part.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

TalonVII
10.24.2012 , 04:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That's actually an interesting application for the shoto. A creative use for the shoto for sure.

Yeah, I would learn Shien too. But my preferred form is Makashi.
I know it's not SW, but if you like fantasy books, read R.A. Salvatore. Look for any book that has Artemis Enteriri. That character uses a longsword/dagger combo and is one of the best written characters with that kind of fighting style.

If i was going to be a light saber duelist with a lightsaber and shoto style, i'd definately style myself after Artemis.

Infact if you look at the renaissance times and duelests who used a rapier and dagger combo. there are books on offensive and defensive techniques for how to employ the dagger in combat which EASILY translates into lightsaber combat.

Just to give you some ideas
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Aurbere
10.24.2012 , 04:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ToEasy View Post
Good thread but I have never been a fan of dual wielding. I prefer two handed weapons for the most part.
I prefer two-handed weapons as well. There's more positives to a two-handed weapon than duel-wielding.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
10.24.2012 , 04:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I know it's not SW, but if you like fantasy books, read R.A. Salvatore. Look for any book that has Artemis Enteriri. That character uses a longsword/dagger combo and is one of the best written characters with that kind of fighting style.

If i was going to be a light saber duelist with a lightsaber and shoto style, i'd definately style myself after Artemis.

Infact if you look at the renaissance times and duelests who used a rapier and dagger combo. there are books on offensive and defensive techniques for how to employ the dagger in combat which EASILY translates into lightsaber combat.

Just to give you some ideas
I'll be sure to check those out!
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

TalonVII
10.24.2012 , 05:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'll be sure to check those out!
Best series is the Sell Swords books by R A Salvatore so you don't have to read like 8 books to find battles with Artemis.

Also the Neverwinter saga, the second and third books. But you'd miss out on one HECK of a set of stories.

But yeah want an indepth look at how artemis fights while missing a lot fo story, start with the sell swords.

Also another book if you just read the last oh say 3-5 chapters of it, "The silent blade" AMAZING sword fight.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy