Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exar Kun vs. Dovahkiin (TES:V Skyrim)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Exar Kun vs. Dovahkiin (TES:V Skyrim)

ReiKai
10.23.2012 , 04:18 PM | #1
Exar Kun, the Sith Lord, his armies falling back, he seeks more power in ancient artifacts and secretly arrives upon the world of Tamriel, a world brimming with ancient power. Upon arriving in the region known as The Pale in Skyrim, he encounters an individual of great power, wielding many a powerful artifact. Exar Kun desires them greatly and battle is joined. Dovahkiin, the Dragonborn, must take down this strange invader using what he has at his disposal.

On wields the power of the Force combined with near unparalleled skill with a dual-bladed lightsaber, augmented by the power of Naga Sadow's amulet. The other has mastered the Th'um, or Shout, the ancient Nordic art of projecting ones voice with power, speaking in the language of the Dragons as first taught to man by the ancient dragon Parthunaaxx. Both have studied sorcerous powers in their own worlds, but who will be the victor, and who will be the dead?

Note: Clarifying Dovahkiin equipment for sake of argument (Pre-Dawnguard)
Head slot: Konahrik
Chest slot: Ebony Mail
Hand slot: Ebony Gauntlets (enchanted)
Feet slot: Ebony Greaves (enchanted)
Ring slot: Nightweaver's Band
Neck slot: The Gauldur Amulet
Potion: White Phial (healing)

Armaments;
Shield - Spellbreaker
1h - Dawnbreaker
2h - Ebony Blade
Bow - Nightingale Bow w/ Ebony Arrows
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Newyankalt
10.23.2012 , 05:35 PM | #2
Exar kun wipes the floor with dovakiin. But really I love skyrim but there's just no contest here and alot of the shouts have an equivalent force power. It's also not hard to tell who would win in close quarters.

ReiKai
10.23.2012 , 07:25 PM | #3
It actually would be hard given mystical armaments can stop lightsabers, so Dawnbreaker and Spellbreaker will work perfectly, along with pretty much everything else for that matter (though I will say armor can be damaged because an invincible figure makes a boring fight). And since Shouts don't require hand movements it gives him a distinct advantage in battle. Physically Dovahkiin is quite strong and can withstand great forces as evidenced by being able to withstand the combined Voice of the Greybeards.

Exar Kun is an extremely aggressive fighter. With him it's Melee first and if that doesn't work, then he'll try Force powers.

gabarooni
10.23.2012 , 08:51 PM | #4
Seeing as the Dovahkiin can only use one power every 1-3 minutes or so im gonna say any Force adept or Force Sensitive would probably wipe the floor with him.
New Gear is the ONLY type of character progression at endgame. Raiders are not the only ones who want to continue to progress their toons throughout an expansion. Im a bad bad speller.

ReiKai
10.23.2012 , 10:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
Seeing as the Dovahkiin can only use one power every 1-3 minutes or so im gonna say any Force adept or Force Sensitive would probably wipe the floor with him.
That's actually not true and the timer is really a game mechanic. But even so, the longer CDT's are only if you decide to actually use all three words in the Shout. You can go instant with just the first word and it only takes like 5sec in most cases to "recharge" the timer. Less if you have an Amulet of Talos handy. Of course, just using Stormcall will pretty much keep Exar Kun busy as it remains in effect for several minutes and it's basically a Force Storm, except the Dovahkiin doesn't have to keep focusing on it and can just continue fighting.

But that's only with Shouts. Spells don't need time to "Recharge" to use them. Novice ones are insta-cast and anything above that only takes a second to charge up before shooting. The only spells that actually take like 5sec to prep are the Ritual Spells and since most of those are for AoE effects, wouldn't even bother using them in single combat. Only works if surrounded by mobs of trash.

Xatasha
10.23.2012 , 11:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Exar Kun, the Sith Lord, his armies falling back, he seeks more power in ancient artifacts and secretly arrives upon the world of Tamriel, a world brimming with ancient power. Upon arriving in the region known as The Pale in Skyrim, he encounters an individual of great power, wielding many a powerful artifact. Exar Kun desires them greatly and battle is joined. Dovahkiin, the Dragonborn, must take down this strange invader using what he has at his disposal.

On wields the power of the Force combined with near unparalleled skill with a dual-bladed lightsaber, augmented by the power of Naga Sadow's amulet. The other has mastered the Th'um, or Shout, the ancient Nordic art of projecting ones voice with power, speaking in the language of the Dragons as first taught to man by the ancient dragon Parthunaaxx. Both have studied sorcerous powers in their own worlds, but who will be the victor, and who will be the dead?

Note: Clarifying Dovahkiin equipment for sake of argument (Pre-Dawnguard)
Head slot: Konahrik
Chest slot: Ebony Mail
Hand slot: Ebony Gauntlets (enchanted)
Feet slot: Ebony Greaves (enchanted)
Ring slot: Nightweaver's Band
Neck slot: The Gauldur Amulet
Potion: White Phial (healing)

Armaments;
Shield - Spellbreaker
1h - Dawnbreaker
2h - Ebony Blade
Bow - Nightingale Bow w/ Ebony Arrows
Easy, There is no force in Skyrim and the sith would be cut off from it which means he would get trashed

ReiKai
10.24.2012 , 09:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
Easy, There is no force in Skyrim and the sith would be cut off from it which means he would get trashed
As it is a cross-universe debate their powers/abilities will function as per normal. Otherwise I'd have just put a powerless Exar Kun in front of a crook with a 9mm pistol and watch him get shot full of holes. That wouldn't exactly be debate worthy.

MazakMatsura
10.24.2012 , 01:50 PM | #8
Well.. You can't shout if you're being force choked.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Mungo
10.24.2012 , 03:21 PM | #9
The Dovahkin summons the Dragon Odahviing and while Exar Kun is bussy with that he Fus Ro Dahs him to death, and to finish him off a arrow to the knee.
Quote:
"A man must always have the final choice in life and in death.
Anything else can be taken from him, but never that. "
Ghenghis Khan

ReiKai
10.24.2012 , 05:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MazakMatsura View Post
Well.. You can't shout if you're being force choked.
Aye, and Exar Kun can't Force Choke if he gets blasted in the chest with a Thunderbolt. Dovahkiin doesn't need to vocalize spells to cast them.