Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there an update for Character transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is there an update for Character transfers?

Menglor
10.23.2012 , 01:14 PM | #1
Hello,

Its been a while since I have come to the forums, and I would like to know if anything has been said about whats going on with server transfers for individuals

I know that a lot of servers have been consolidated, however I have 3 level 50 characters on one server that are not on Jedi covenant, where my guild is
I don't see how anyone would trade a Windows PC for a $1500 mac. It's easy to use a mac, it's also easy to stick your hand in a wood chipper...

Uluain
10.23.2012 , 01:34 PM | #2
This was most recently discussed in the LiveStream Q&A last month, where the team said that paid transfers are nearly ready to go. A few more things need to be implemented first (with the implication being the microtransaction system for the Cartel shop) but that paid transfers would be coming "in the near future". Barring the unforseen, they might well launch with 1.5 and F2P.

Quote: Originally Posted by dulfy.net
Q: It was mentioned that along with the free transfers we would be offered paid transfers for characters who like to move from one server to another. Is this still in the works?

A: Certainly we want to offer people the option to do character transfer as a paid service. We got a little bit of additional work that is going to need to go in before we can actually offer it as a paid service but that is coming in the near future.
Full transcript and video of the LiveStream Q&A can be seen here.

Chiltonium
10.23.2012 , 03:22 PM | #3
I'll sum it up so you dont have to watch the live stream.

"its a top priority for us, so it'll be out soon."

*way passed soon into the future* .....not here yet.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Graydon
10.23.2012 , 04:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
This was most recently discussed in the LiveStream Q&A last month, where the team said that paid transfers are nearly ready to go. A few more things need to be implemented first (with the implication being the microtransaction system for the Cartel shop) but that paid transfers would be coming "in the near future". Barring the unforseen, they might well launch with 1.5 and F2P.

Full transcript and video of the LiveStream Q&A can be seen here.
Please highlight the part of the QA where it says "nearly ready to go".

Chiltonium
10.23.2012 , 04:30 PM | #5
also note the f2p/cartel market is now live on test server.

there is no character transfer for sale. And just because you cant do that on test doesnt mean it wouldnt be in the market for testing purposes (UI, for instance)
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Graydon
10.24.2012 , 08:24 AM | #6
Knock Knock!

Okay Community Managers, could I trouble you to go seek a status update please?

Thanks.