Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Vendor Question

WarbNull
10.22.2012 , 06:59 PM | #1
Is the contents of the Legacy Vendor dictated by the Main character in the your Legacy?

I ask because all I see listed are Smuggler Items. When I got my Legacy Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit from my Smuggler I went ahead and Sent it to my Alt that was of a lower level which I thought might be able to use it. It seems not to be the case.

Also looking over the Level of the items they seem to be really low compared to the level I was when I got it.
So I have to ask what is the point of getting these things items if they are useless by the time we get them?
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

EricJS
10.22.2012 , 07:45 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
Is the contents of the Legacy Vendor dictated by the Main character in the your Legacy?
It's dictated by the class of the character you talk to the vendors on. So if you mail the tokens to a lowbie, that lowbie will be able to turn in the tokens for gear appropriate for that lowbie's class.

KurganNazzir
10.22.2012 , 08:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
It's dictated by the class of the character you talk to the vendors on. So if you mail the tokens to a lowbie, that lowbie will be able to turn in the tokens for gear appropriate for that lowbie's class.
No, it's just dictated by which vendor you talk to. There are four vendors on each home world and any class of the same faction can view the offerings, you don't have to be a Smuggler to view the items on the Smuggler Legacy vendor.

As for the kits, yes, they are for your lower-level alts and the items you can get have nice stats if you don't want to bother with a bunch of blue/purple mods at those levels (depending on how many mod items you have at the time). I think the Birthright gear is for around level 33 while the Inheritance gear is for level 15. My Smuggler is currently 22 and still wearing the Inheritance pants because the stats are just that good and because I don't feel like messing with a lot blue/purple mods right now; I already have to update mods in the rest of my gear as well as Corso's so the pants were one less thing to worry about for a while.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

WarbNull
10.24.2012 , 10:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
No, it's just dictated by which vendor you talk to. There are four vendors on each home world and any class of the same faction can view the offerings, you don't have to be a Smuggler to view the items on the Smuggler Legacy vendor.

As for the kits, yes, they are for your lower-level alts and the items you can get have nice stats if you don't want to bother with a bunch of blue/purple mods at those levels (depending on how many mod items you have at the time). I think the Birthright gear is for around level 33 while the Inheritance gear is for level 15. My Smuggler is currently 22 and still wearing the Inheritance pants because the stats are just that good and because I don't feel like messing with a lot blue/purple mods right now; I already have to update mods in the rest of my gear as well as Corso's so the pants were one less thing to worry about for a while.
Thanks. I guess I'll have to look around for the other vendors then. Hopefully the vendor for my Jedi Sage will have something she can use.
Jedi Consular Sage

KurganNazzir
10.24.2012 , 10:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
Thanks. I guess I'll have to look around for the other vendors then. Hopefully the vendor for my Jedi Sage will have something she can use.
The vendors are all standing next to each other.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

WarbNull
10.24.2012 , 12:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
The vendors are all standing next to each other.
Yeah just noticed that as I logged in.

I went ahead and got the Consular's Inheritance Lightsaber since it is currently a little better than what my Modifications add up to in my Virtuous Ardent Blade's Lightsaber. It wont be to much longer though before I can get better Modifications for it, so I am not sure how long I will be using it.
Jedi Consular Sage