Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clone Wars S5E04 "The Soft War"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S5E04 "The Soft War"

SNCommand
10.22.2012 , 07:43 AM | #1
Personally I found the story predictable and didn't really further the plot that much, but the animation is brilliant as always and the scene where they're getting ready to execute the previous king was awesome

I think a great example of how the series is progressing into a much more serious tone is how the Separatist tactical droid has evolved, from its previous model http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-series_tactical_droid into this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_tactical_droid
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

MasterMe
10.22.2012 , 09:55 AM | #2
I thought it was a pretty good. Yeah it was kinda predictable, but it's Clone Wars after all. I'm just happy to watch something that's Star Wars.

Tomb-Stone
10.22.2012 , 10:05 AM | #3
I like to watch the Clone Wars with my son. I think the story is predictable but the animation is great. I was hoping that they could have worked the jungle moon of Dxun into the story.

There are elements on the show that surprise me from time to time, such as the whole Assajj Ventress/Savage Opress/Darth Maul story arch. Who would have thought Darth Maul would be crazy as a sh$#-house rat living in exile with a robotic spider body?! I thought that his insanity mutterings were brilliantly played.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Eillack
10.22.2012 , 12:25 PM | #4
This arc is just getting boring now honestly..started out good, but with the same "oh...we need to rally the people some more....!" direction...yeah.

Iziz being 100% wrong is also the prime killer that adds to making TCW look sloppy as hell.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Brainiacblue
10.22.2012 , 12:30 PM | #5
Iziz being 100% wrong!? I think the layout of a city changes over time. The only defined layout of Iziz that I can find is in Kotor II, set thousands of years before TCW.

Yes the story was predictable - but to be honest it was still good, as if we knew what the plot was going to be, but not quite how it was going to work out, and the intervention of the Onderon Malitia was an expected but needed releif (I know I spealt this horribly)

Overall i thought it was a very good episode - with a lot of character development that will set things up for the Mando civil war story arc later in the series.

Maaruin
10.22.2012 , 12:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Brainiacblue View Post
Iziz being 100% wrong!? I think the layout of a city changes over time. The only defined layout of Iziz that I can find is in Kotor II, set thousands of years before TCW.
The thing is that Iziz should be huuuge. It is the only city on the planet and did span iirc 1000 squaremiles in the time of Exar Kun.

My explanation is that they moved the palace to the edge of the city between Kotor II and now. In the episode we only see a part of the city, the New Royal District.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Eillack
10.22.2012 , 12:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
The thing is that Iziz should be huuuge. It is the only city on the planet and did span iirc 1000 squaremiles in the time of Exar Kun.

My explanation is that they moved the palace to the edge of the city between Kotor II and now. In the episode we only see a part of the city, the New Royal District.
I'm praying that is the reason...otherwise someone failed on the TCW team. I mean...the way TCW is showing the portion we see looks like it is small as hell...in all honesty there should almost be no visable jungle around Iziz...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

BrandonSM
10.22.2012 , 01:19 PM | #8
I don't like this arc or 4 part episode.

Something about it, it seems kind of rushed or something..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
10.22.2012 , 01:23 PM | #9
I'm not a big fan of this arc. It started out fine, but just seems to be going downhill.
Added Chapter 58 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

SNCommand
10.22.2012 , 01:41 PM | #10
Well, next Saturday we will see the final battle for Izis, so I'm sure we will finally get some real progress in the uprising

As for the difference between the Onderon capital between Kotor II and the Clone Wars series can be explained easily, there's a lot of time between them, and something might even happen in the Old Republic which brings war to Onderon and destroys large parts of the city
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.