Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An in-depth look at: Qui-Gon Jinn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Qui-Gon Jinn

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
10.22.2012 , 03:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He should appear in the end of EP VI.
He was supposed to be in Ep III if he hadn't broken his arm or something along those lines. He, Obi-wan and Yoda were supposed to train to communicate with force ghosts and how to become one.




But yeah, loved the OP' post and the ref to Star Wars: The Darkside

Ardim's Avatar


Ardim
10.23.2012 , 10:22 PM | #22
Yay for Qui-Gon . He's probably one of my most favorite Jedi in Star Wars of all time.

Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
My belief had Qui-Gon not died, Anakin would of been completely different.
This is my belief as well.
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

Newyankalt's Avatar


Newyankalt
10.23.2012 , 10:39 PM | #23
Good read Qui Gon may be under rated maybe cause episode 1 wasn't a great movie. But Qui Gon was a wise member of the order and a skilled combatant. I really like Qui Gons way of doing things he's a balanced character he follows the Jedi but dosnt think there choices are always the best way to do things. I agree that his age is what took him in the fight.

Ardim's Avatar


Ardim
10.23.2012 , 11:14 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
Good read Qui Gon may be under rated maybe cause episode 1 wasn't a great movie. But Qui Gon was a wise member of the order and a skilled combatant. I really like Qui Gons way of doing things he's a balanced character he follows the Jedi but dosnt think there choices are always the best way to do things. I agree that his age is what took him in the fight.
Age, and the fact that he wasn't able to utilize Ataru properly in those tight quarters.
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

konstadinosblue's Avatar


konstadinosblue
01.01.2013 , 02:53 PM | #25
Are tyou planning to do Obi-Wan Kenobi ? Plz do it his my fav character...plz...
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
01.01.2013 , 02:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by konstadinosblue View Post
Are tyou planning to do Obi-Wan Kenobi ? Plz do it his my fav character...plz...
I could see an Obi-Wan thread in the future. Sure!
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

LordQordisz's Avatar


LordQordisz
10.09.2015 , 10:50 PM | #27
Just wondering, did age effect Dooku as it did Qui-Gon?
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
10.09.2015 , 10:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LordQordisz View Post
Just wondering, did age effect Dooku as it did Qui-Gon?
Probably not as much as it did Qui Gon. The problem with Qui Gon is he uses a style known as Ataru. Ataru is the most physically demanding and acrobatic of the styles. As you get older you lose your flexibility, agility, stamina, and energy. These are bad combinations for an acrobatic style focused on mobility. Dooku on the other hand uses a dueling style that uses as little motions as possible. Focusing mostly on footwork and wrist motions (much like fencers.) it wouldn't be as much of a strain on his body as it would Qui Gon.

LordQordisz's Avatar


LordQordisz
10.09.2015 , 11:47 PM | #29
So what about Yoda with the same style basically? He's old as dirt. Different physiology or something else? Wasn't Palpatine a Juyo guy? He was fast as hell and I believe was older than Qui-Gon when he fought Mace.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

cs_zoltan's Avatar


cs_zoltan
10.10.2015 , 02:01 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LordQordisz View Post
So what about Yoda with the same style basically? He's old as dirt. Different physiology or something else? Wasn't Palpatine a Juyo guy? He was fast as hell and I believe was older than Qui-Gon when he fought Mace.
Yes that's true, but while Yoda was the 3rd and Sidious was the 2nd most powerful force user ever, Qui-Gon is not even top 10 of his generation.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy